Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by the APMG.
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in ITIL methodologies.
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes your ITIL Foundation exam.
Are there any prerequisites for the ITIL examinations?
There are no prerequisites to this course.
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is a multiple choice exam taken on the final day of the course.
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What are the training hours?
The course timings are start at 9am and finish at 5pm approximately
What version of ITIL is this based on?
All of The Knowledge Academy's ITIL courses are based on the latest 2011 version
What pre-course material do you offer?
Although not mandatory, we do provide you, via hyperlink, with a PDF version of 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3'. Please note that the latest 2011 version of the handbook has not yet been published.
Will there be homework?
There will be a minimum of 2 hours of homework each evening
What is ITIL Certification?
IT Infrastructure Library more commonly known as ITIL is a set guidance on how quality and Best Practice is provided in IT Service Management. Available through The Knowledge Academy, is a comprehensive accredited ITIL Certification path consisting of various levels taken in a mandatory order - ITIL Foundation, Intermediate levels (Lifecycle & Capability), Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) and ITIL Expert no matter what your background may be this is a great stepping stone. The Knowledge Academy, who are the number one globally Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) not only provide you with the training and relevant exams but also with the knowledge required to implement the ITIL principles in the world of ITIL Service Management.
The Knowledge Academy
The ITIL Foundation course consists of presentations, exercies and discussons about ITIL Foundation best practice framework. ITIL® is a non-proprietary approach for managing IT services, developed in the 1980s by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the United Kingdom.
In 2007 the ITIL framework was redesigned from a process-led approach to a service lifecycle approach comprising the ITIL five core volumes:
Service Strategy, Servce Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
ITIL Foundation provide a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processess, functions and roles.
ITIL Foundation 2011 Course Content
Provided as pre-course work is an overview on ITIL named 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3' which is optional should you decide to read the document. Please note that 'The IT Service Management Forum' are yet to publish a 2011 version of the Overview handbook. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following
Service Management as a Practice
Efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
Functions, Roles and Processes
Service Strategy: overall business aims and expectations
Types of Service Provision
Service Portfolio Management
Service Design: developing a solution to meet the needs of the business
Service Catalogue Management
Service Level Management
IT Service Continuity Management
Information Security Management
Service Transition: implementing service designs so that service operations can manage the services
Service Asset and Configuration Management
Release and Deployment Management
Service Operation: day to day, business as usual activities
Functions: Service Desk, Technical Management, Operations Management and Applications Management
Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision
40 questions per paper
26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
60 minutes duration
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “Great course; very well-presented by the trainer who knew his stuff and was very happy to answer any questions.”By Robert Bird (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 03/03/2012) from London
- “Well presented course; the trainer did a very good job in delivering the content with interest.”By Mark Lovejoy (Rating: 5 out of 5, 30/04/2012) from Nottingham
- “Thanks all-round to The Knowledge Academy.”By Ruth Castle (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 19/03/2012) from London
- “Great course; not too basic or too difficult and it was made very enjoyable by the trainer. Will book the next level with you guys too when I have time. Thanks.”By Raymond Elwicks (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 06/04/2012) from Manchester
- “From a simple and concise booking process to an energetic and intensive course, I have felt as though TKA lived up to their good reputation. Time was given for anyone on the course to ask questions and I feel that I can speak for everyone when I say it was a positive and enriching experience.”By Jagdish Kolhi (Rating: 5 out of 5, 09/03/2012) from Birmingham
- “A very well constructed course with excellent course materials which were methodical and well structured. The Trainer was superb and extremely engaging, providing some excellent insight and industry knowledge, aiding in understanding of the syllabus. Overall a very useful course to someone new to the IT service environment and I have already begun using some of this new found knowledge in my day to day role.”By Sonia Chapman (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 28/02/2012) from Leeds
- “We went through a lot of material during the ITIL course in 3 days and I was nervous about the exam at the end. The trainer presented all the material very well and answered all my questions with sound and clear examples and illustrations. The course book that Knowledge Academy provided was very comprehensive. Now that I've passed the ITIL course I am looking forward to taking a PRINCE2 course with TKA.”By Maliq Azzur (Rating: 5 out of 5, 16/04/2012) from Birmingham
- “I have taken 2 Knowledge Academy courses paid for out of my own pocket. Each one was delivered by a seasoned professional in their chosen subject and enabled me to pass the course exams”By Rob Michaels (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 15/04/2012) from Leeds
- “The recent ITIL course I attended with you was a great experience. The subject matter was fascinating, and delivered in an effective way. I am looking forward to doing another course with you in the future.”By Richard Kenny (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 12/04/2012) from London
- “I used the Knowledge Academy to book and train myself and several colleagues in ITIL courses. Throughout the booking and registration process I found them to be extremely helpful and flexible to our needs whilst the training itself was given in a very professional manner by tutors who were extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic in the subject matter. I would definitely recommend them and use their services again”By Luke Davidson (Rating: 5 out of 5, 02/05/2012) from London
- “Great all-round service by The Knowledge Academy. Booking was simple and painless with the customer services advisor on the phone answering all questions that I asked. The course was put together well with the lessons flowing and concise. Our trainer was very experienced, knew his stuff and was happy to go over any parts I didn't understand.”By Vanessa Li (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 30/04/2012) from London
- “I found The Knowledge Academy to be organised and responsive from the outset. There is a clear investment in ensuring a fun and productive experience through the use of highly trained instructors, user-friendly course material and comfortable facilities. I would definitely use The Knowledge Academy”By David Trott (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 01/02/2012) from London
We do not currently have a video for this topic
ITIL Training; Widely RecognisedITIL is well thought-out to be the world’s key set of most excellent practices of service organization that explains all-purpose terms, ideas and procedures used by the wide-reaching organizations. Organizations of different sizes and shapes can get accustomed to ITIL since it is extremely flexible and measureable. It is the most significant contributor to the accomplishment of ITIL and is well associated to the ITIL Training schemes.
Consciousness and acceptance about ITIL Course has been gradually increasing all across the world and a variety of private and public sector companies that have acknowledged it are Proctor & Gamble, Internal Revenue Service, Southwest Airlines, and Washington Mutual are finding it exceedingly beneficial. It is assumed to be the most reliable and wide qualifications of the most outstanding IT service management. The documents are used to carry out the configuration of IT Service Company and describe a range of executive dealings that have been promoted to maintain large businesses in carrying out high economic value. After get over with ITIL Training Course, a person can become proficient enough of key theories like the capabilities, service agreement and capital.
Sustained by widespread and comprehensive training schemes, ITIL is credited by teaching organizations, implementation and assessment tools. ITIL is a prepared and a finest practice structure which is worn out from the public along with the private sectors internationally. In the present day world, the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is perhaps the most generally established and acknowledged advancement for the IT service organization all around the world. Consequently, ITIL can be realistic from corner to corner in nearly all types of environments and surroundings.
Currently there are quite a few organizations that can facilitate in getting you well prepared for this very important ITIL Foundation Examination. With their help, it will turn out to be very easy to experience a varied set of ITIL Practice Questions that are required to appear for the exams. The response and accurate details of all the questions are prearranged in the mock test papers. You can effortlessly be promoted with the present knowledge and can hone the ITIL talent as well. The ITIL foundation courses cover up the topics that can facilitate to determine various plans and policy that are lively to control IT errands and managerial goals. In addition, ITIL has today become a worldwide phenomenon and large number of organizations is making use of it to reach the zenith point in the industry.
ITIL V3 is currently making use of the replica of service design surrounding to summarize all the requirements, structural design, processes, size and metrics.
Along with this, an individual can be an authority and a professional so that he understands how to make use of ITIL practices to classify and define different goals and targets. For this reason ITIL Certification is compulsory and devoid of this an individual will not be capable in running service roles and identify significant performance indicator. An added benefit of this course is that a person is able to manage certification course and will be talented to inspect IT business functions together with financial management, wellbeing management, merchant management, etc.