Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by BCS (British Computer Society).
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in ITIL methodologies.
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes your ITIL Foundation exam.
Are there any prerequisites for the ITIL examinations?
There are no prerequisites to this course.
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is a multiple choice exam taken on the final day of the course.
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What are the training hours?
The course timings are start at 9am and finish at 5pm approximately
What version of ITIL is this based on?
All of The Knowledge Academy's ITIL courses are based on the latest 2011 version
What pre-course material do you offer?
Although not mandatory, we do provide you, via hyperlink, with a PDF version of 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3'. Please note that the latest 2011 version of the handbook has not yet been published.
Will there be homework?
There will be a minimum of 2 hours of homework each evening
What is ITIL Certification?
IT Infrastructure Library more commonly known as ITIL is a set guidance on how quality and Best Practice is provided in IT Service Management. Available through The Knowledge Academy, is a comprehensive accredited ITIL Certification path consisting of various levels taken in a mandatory order - ITIL Foundation, Intermediate levels (Lifecycle & Capability), Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) and ITIL Expert no matter what your background may be this is a great stepping stone. The Knowledge Academy, who are the number one globally Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) not only provide you with the training and relevant exams but also with the knowledge required to implement the ITIL principles in the world of ITIL Service Management.
The Knowledge Academy
The ITIL Foundation course consists of presentations, exercises and discussions about ITIL Foundation best practice framework. ITIL® is a non-proprietary approach for managing IT services, developed in the 1980s by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the United Kingdom.
In 2007 the ITIL framework was redesigned from a process-led approach to a service lifecycle approach comprising the ITIL five core volumes:
Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
ITIL Foundation provide a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processes, functions and roles.
ITIL Foundation 2011 Course Content
Provided as pre-course work is an overview on ITIL named 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3' which is optional should you decide to read the document. Please note that 'The IT Service Management Forum' are yet to publish a 2011 version of the Overview handbook. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following
Service Management as a Practice
Efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
Functions, Roles and Processes
Service Strategy: overall business aims and expectations
Types of Service Provision
Service Portfolio Management
Service Design: developing a solution to meet the needs of the business
Service Catalogue Management
Service Level Management
IT Service Continuity Management
Information Security Management
Service Transition: implementing service designs so that service operations can manage the services
Service Asset and Configuration Management
Release and Deployment Management
Service Operation: day to day, business as usual activities
Functions: Service Desk, Technical Management, Operations Management and Applications Management
Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision
40 questions per paper
26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
60 minutes duration
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “The Knowledge Academy provided a 5 star ITIL training course. The trainer was dedicated to the methodology and had many years of experience in the field which came in useful when explaining new processes and ideas. The teaching techniques varied from class discussions to power-point presentations which made learning fun.”By Belinda Smith (IT Manager) from Birmingham
- “Great company to train with - in particular the trainer Gary was fantastic and had lots of stories and experiences to share which made particular points stick in your mind. There was a great balance of fun with hard work and professionalism. Thorough training learning not just how to pass the exam but advice and guidance of how to apply to a real time situation as well. Overall a satisfying and successful experience.”By Noah Dawson (IT Auditor) from Cambridge
- “I thought this course was excellent. It is true that you get out of it what you put in and you must be prepared to do the pre-work and homework or you will be left behind. I really enjoyed the ITIL course and thought the tutor was superb.”By Nathan Stevens (IT Technician) from Newcastle
- “Best course I have been on in many years , Excellent tuition probably the best trainer I have had the pleasure of dealing with”By Michael Morris (ITIL Consultant) from Southampton
- “Great course; very well-presented by the trainer who knew his stuff and was very happy to answer any questions.”By Robert Bird (ITIL Service Management) from London
- “Well presented course; the trainer did a very good job in delivering the content with interest.”By Mark Lovejoy (ITIL Analyst) from Nottingham
- “Thanks all-round to The Knowledge Academy.”By Ruth Castle (IT Systems Engineer) from London
- “Great course; not too basic or too difficult and it was made very enjoyable by the trainer. Will book the next level with you guys too when I have time. Thanks.”By Raymond Elwicks (IT Systems Engineer) from Manchester
- “From a simple and concise booking process to an energetic and intensive course, I have felt as though TKA lived up to their good reputation. Time was given for anyone on the course to ask questions and I feel that I can speak for everyone when I say it was a positive and enriching experience.”By Jagdish Kolhi (Systems Engineeer) from Birmingham
- “A very well constructed course with excellent course materials which were methodical and well structured. The Trainer was superb and extremely engaging, providing some excellent insight and industry knowledge, aiding in understanding of the syllabus. Overall a very useful course to someone new to the IT service environment and I have already begun using some of this new found knowledge in my day to day role.”By Sonia Chapman (ITIL Analyst) from Leeds
- “We went through a lot of material during the ITIL course in 3 days and I was nervous about the exam at the end. The trainer presented all the material very well and answered all my questions with sound and clear examples and illustrations. The course book that Knowledge Academy provided was very comprehensive. Now that I've passed the ITIL course I am looking forward to taking a PRINCE2 course with TKA.”By Maliq Azzur (Operations Manager) from Birmingham
- “I have taken 2 Knowledge Academy courses paid for out of my own pocket. Each one was delivered by a seasoned professional in their chosen subject and enabled me to pass the course exams”By Rob Michaels (ITIL Service Management) from Leeds
- “The recent ITIL course I attended with you was a great experience. The subject matter was fascinating, and delivered in an effective way. I am looking forward to doing another course with you in the future.”By Richard Kenny (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 12/04/2012) from London
- “I used the Knowledge Academy to book and train myself and several colleagues in ITIL courses. Throughout the booking and registration process I found them to be extremely helpful and flexible to our needs whilst the training itself was given in a very professional manner by tutors who were extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic in the subject matter. I would definitely recommend them and use their services again”By Luke Davidson (ITIL Consultant) from London
- “Great all-round service by The Knowledge Academy. Booking was simple and painless with the customer services advisor on the phone answering all questions that I asked. The course was put together well with the lessons flowing and concise. Our trainer was very experienced, knew his stuff and was happy to go over any parts I didn't understand.”By Vanessa Li (IT Systems Engineer) from London
- “I found The Knowledge Academy to be organised and responsive from the outset. There is a clear investment in ensuring a fun and productive experience through the use of highly trained instructors, user-friendly course material and comfortable facilities. I would definitely use The Knowledge Academy”By David Trott (ITIL Consultant) from London
We do not currently have a video for this topic
The Knowledge Academy becomes a first strategic partner of Axelos
It was announced on Friday 30th January that The Knowledge Academy has been selected to be a strategic partner by Axelos, the organisation behind best practice qualifications such as PRINCE2®, MSP® and ITIL®. As the number one globally accredited PRINCE2® training provider this is a great opportunity to increase the success, popularity and international recognition of the Axelos Global Best Practice Project, Programme, Portfolio and IT focussed certifications.
For our candidates this means that The Knowledge Academy will remain at the forefront of providing the highest quality courses at the best price in each global location. This Strategic Partnership also ensures that individuals, departments and whole organisations will also be able to stay at the cutting edge of project management and IT service management by offering PRINCE2Agile® and ITIL® Master Training as soon as the syllabus is approved. Candidates can also be certain of the continued stability and growth of the Axelos Portfolio (both in popularity and awareness) as Strategic Partners and Axelos work together to market these courses.
For The Knowledge Academy, becoming a Strategic Partner is excellent recognition of our commitment to the development and provision of international best practice standards. We are excited work with some of the most talented course instructors around the world to deliver these valuable qualifications. You can be assured that our new partnership will take our already high quality of training to new levels! Our role in developing these courses should also lead to these courses and their examinations becoming available in more languages and delivery countries and locations than ever before.
To celebrate the formation of this Partnership, The Knowledge Academy will be rewarding you with a limited time offer! We will be launching a series of exclusive training bundles to be announced across our social media channels over the next fortnight. Please ensure that you are connected to our pages at:
PRINCE2®, ITIL®, M_o_R®, MoP®, P3O®, MSP® and MoV® are registered trade marks of AXELOS limited.