Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by the APMG.
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in ITIL methodologies.
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes your ITIL Foundation exam.
Are there any prerequisites for the ITIL examinations?
There are no prerequisites to this course.
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is a multiple choice exam taken on the final day of the course.
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What are the training hours?
The course timings are start at 9am and finish at 5pm approximately
What version of ITIL is this based on?
All of The Knowledge Academy's ITIL courses are based on the latest 2011 version
What pre-course material do you offer?
Although not mandatory, we do provide you, via hyperlink, with a PDF version of 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3'. Please note that the latest 2011 version of the handbook has not yet been published.
Will there be homework?
There will be a minimum of 2 hours of homework each evening
What is ITIL Certification?
IT Infrastructure Library more commonly known as ITIL is a set guidance on how quality and Best Practice is provided in IT Service Management. Available through The Knowledge Academy, is a comprehensive accredited ITIL Certification path consisting of various levels taken in a mandatory order - ITIL Foundation, Intermediate levels (Lifecycle & Capability), Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) and ITIL Expert no matter what your background may be this is a great stepping stone. The Knowledge Academy, who are the number one globally Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) not only provide you with the training and relevant exams but also with the knowledge required to implement the ITIL principles in the world of ITIL Service Management.
The Knowledge Academy
The ITIL Foundation course consists of presentations, exercies and discussons about ITIL Foundation best practice framework. ITIL® is a non-proprietary approach for managing IT services, developed in the 1980s by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the United Kingdom.
In 2007 the ITIL framework was redesigned from a process-led approach to a service lifecycle approach comprising the ITIL five core volumes:
Service Strategy, Servce Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
ITIL Foundation provide a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processess, functions and roles.
ITIL Foundation 2011 Course Content
Provided as pre-course work is an overview on ITIL named 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3' which is optional should you decide to read the document. Please note that 'The IT Service Management Forum' are yet to publish a 2011 version of the Overview handbook. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following
Service Management as a Practice
Efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
Functions, Roles and Processes
Service Strategy: overall business aims and expectations
Types of Service Provision
Service Portfolio Management
Service Design: developing a solution to meet the needs of the business
Service Catalogue Management
Service Level Management
IT Service Continuity Management
Information Security Management
Service Transition: implementing service designs so that service operations can manage the services
Service Asset and Configuration Management
Release and Deployment Management
Service Operation: day to day, business as usual activities
Functions: Service Desk, Technical Management, Operations Management and Applications Management
Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision
40 questions per paper
26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
60 minutes duration
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “Great course; very well-presented by the trainer who knew his stuff and was very happy to answer any questions.”By Robert Bird (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 03/03/2012) from London
- “Well presented course; the trainer did a very good job in delivering the content with interest.”By Mark Lovejoy (Rating: 5 out of 5, 30/04/2012) from Nottingham
- “Thanks all-round to The Knowledge Academy.”By Ruth Castle (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 19/03/2012) from London
- “Great course; not too basic or too difficult and it was made very enjoyable by the trainer. Will book the next level with you guys too when I have time. Thanks.”By Raymond Elwicks (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 06/04/2012) from Manchester
- “From a simple and concise booking process to an energetic and intensive course, I have felt as though TKA lived up to their good reputation. Time was given for anyone on the course to ask questions and I feel that I can speak for everyone when I say it was a positive and enriching experience.”By Jagdish Kolhi (Rating: 5 out of 5, 09/03/2012) from Birmingham
- “A very well constructed course with excellent course materials which were methodical and well structured. The Trainer was superb and extremely engaging, providing some excellent insight and industry knowledge, aiding in understanding of the syllabus. Overall a very useful course to someone new to the IT service environment and I have already begun using some of this new found knowledge in my day to day role.”By Sonia Chapman (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 28/02/2012) from Leeds
- “We went through a lot of material during the ITIL course in 3 days and I was nervous about the exam at the end. The trainer presented all the material very well and answered all my questions with sound and clear examples and illustrations. The course book that Knowledge Academy provided was very comprehensive. Now that I've passed the ITIL course I am looking forward to taking a PRINCE2 course with TKA.”By Maliq Azzur (Rating: 5 out of 5, 16/04/2012) from Birmingham
- “I have taken 2 Knowledge Academy courses paid for out of my own pocket. Each one was delivered by a seasoned professional in their chosen subject and enabled me to pass the course exams”By Rob Michaels (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 15/04/2012) from Leeds
- “The recent ITIL course I attended with you was a great experience. The subject matter was fascinating, and delivered in an effective way. I am looking forward to doing another course with you in the future.”By Richard Kenny (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 12/04/2012) from London
- “I used the Knowledge Academy to book and train myself and several colleagues in ITIL courses. Throughout the booking and registration process I found them to be extremely helpful and flexible to our needs whilst the training itself was given in a very professional manner by tutors who were extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic in the subject matter. I would definitely recommend them and use their services again”By Luke Davidson (Rating: 5 out of 5, 02/05/2012) from London
- “Great all-round service by The Knowledge Academy. Booking was simple and painless with the customer services advisor on the phone answering all questions that I asked. The course was put together well with the lessons flowing and concise. Our trainer was very experienced, knew his stuff and was happy to go over any parts I didn't understand.”By Vanessa Li (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 30/04/2012) from London
- “I found The Knowledge Academy to be organised and responsive from the outset. There is a clear investment in ensuring a fun and productive experience through the use of highly trained instructors, user-friendly course material and comfortable facilities. I would definitely use The Knowledge Academy”By David Trott (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 01/02/2012) from London
We do not currently have a video for this topic
The ITIL Training Programme
Often the IT organizations remain unable to satisfy their customers. The customers on the other side find the IT organizations slow to respond. Inability of the IT organizations to satisfy their customers gets their trade opportunities reduced. However, adopting the ITIL best practices framework can be beneficial for an organization in this context. ITIL offers processes that help the organizations quickly respond to the business needs and those of their customers’. The request fulfillment process extended by ITIL turns out handy when it comes to fulfilling the requirements of the customers. The request fulfillment process deals with requests from the customers and ensures that those requests are effectively managed, controlled and delivered. It also provides the customers and users with a centralized means of requesting that result in high quality services and lower cost to provide the same. The quick response to what the customers want gets them satisfied and brightens the trade opportunities for the organization.
However, ITIL benefits an organization only if it has been successfully implemented within the same. For that purpose, an organization requires the services of a workforce that has undergone the ITIL Training. To avail exclusive facilities pertaining to the ITIL Training, it is advisable to contact The Knowledge Academy, UK. The Knowledge Academy is a global organization having a widespread training channel extending the expert-training to learners across the world. The revered institution has a state-of-the-art training infrastructure and an experienced faculty in place. It promises detailed and practical-based study to make certain that the candidates get certified in ITIL.
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) provides comprehensive processes that are tried and tested. It helps in the quick disposal of tasks by making the best use of time and other available resources. The ITIL Training improves the overall productivity of an organization and minimizes the duplication of efforts. In addition to it, the candidates develop a better understanding of their roles and responsibilities through ITIL Training and make hefty contributions to the success of IT and business. The candidates can develop a profound understanding of the core concepts and processes of ITIL through the ITIL Certification program. The said program helps the candidates to obtain the ITIL Certification, which strengthens their employment prospects.
The ITIL Foundation is an entry level program that helps the candidates to initiate their study in ITIL. The said program helps an organization to create a comprehensive framework that acts as a base on which its IT processes, are composed. The foundation program chiefly concentrates on two sides – Service Delivery and Service Support that include the processes such as incident management, change management, configuration management, security management, financial management, etc.
ITIL has originally been developed by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC), UK. It is fundamentally a set of guidance documented in a set of books. Its first version was documented in 44 books and the second was documented in 10 books. ITIL V3 is the latest version of ITIL that has been documented in a set of five books. The ITIL V3 program supports efficient and better alignment of IT with the business and therefore, it is being increasingly adopted around the world.