What is the Exam Pass Guarantee
Our exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your TOGAF exam. We guarantee that you will pass your TOGAF exam after completing our TOGAF course. All we require is for you to take the exam within 30 days of completing the course. Attend all course days and complete all course assignments, including your TOGAF practice exams. If you do not pass the exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the course again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt, you will be eligible to enrol in the course again, free of charge. TOGAF examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
Which course is best for me?
To become TOGAF 9.1 Certified – Please select the TOGAF 9.1 Certified (Part 1 & 2) Duration 4 days
Is the course accredited?
Yes by The Open Group
What’s included in the TOGAF training course?
Official accredited Course materials, Training by TOGAF accredited subject expert and Exam Vouchers
How long are the Exam Vouchers valid for?
Only valid for 12 months
Where can I book the exams?
Candidates can book their exam through Pro-metric test centres using the exam voucher provided
How is the exam is structured?
The TOGAF 9.1 Part 1 section is CLOSED Book. The TOGAF 9.1 Part 2 Section 2 is OPEN Book
TOGAF® Version 9.1 - 'The Book' (ISBN: 9789087536794)
What is TOGAF Certification?
Obtaining the TOGAF Certification by The Open Group will enable you to engage techniques that are deployed within the world of Enterprise and IT Architecture. This certification demonstrates your ability of having an in-depth understanding of Enterprise and IT Architecture. TOGAF Certification is now recognised as being critical in building services for IT Architecture. Based on the latest version 9, The Knowledge Academy offer the tools required to work towards The Open Group’s industry recognised standard methods and framework. Having gained the understanding, The Knowledge Academy will also provide you with the TOGAF examination to certify yourself within the IT Architecture environment.
The Knowledge Academy
TOGAF 9.1 – Practitioner (Part 1 & 2) Course Content
The TOGAF 9.1 Components
An Introduction to the Architecture Development Method
The Enterprise Continuum
The Architecture Repository
The Architecture Content Framework
The Architecture Content Metamodel
The Preliminary Phase
Architecture Views and Viewpoints
Building Blocks and the ADM
Architecture Implementation Support Techniques
Phase A: Architecture Vision
Phase B: Business Architecture
Phase B: Business Architecture – Catalogs, Diagrams and Matrices
Phase C: Information Systems Architecture
Phase C: Data Architecture
Phase C: Data Architecture – Catalogs, Matrices and Diagrams
The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
Phase C: Applications Architecture
Phase C: Applications Architecture – Catalogs, Matrices and Diagrams
Phase D: Technology Architecture
Phase D: Technology Architecture – Catalogs, Matrices and Diagrams
Migration Planning Techniques
Phase E: Opportunities and Solutions
Phase F: Migration Planning
Phase G: Implementation Governance
Phase H: Architecture Change Management
ADM Requirements Management
Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: Iteration and Levels
Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: Security
Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: SOA
Architecture Maturity Models
Architecture Skills Framework
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Complementary TOGAF® Exam
- Experienced Instructor
- “Very knowledgeable and friendly instructor who is clearly experienced in her field. Will be enrolling on future courses with the Knowledge Academy in the near future and would definitely recommend them to a friend.”By Darrin Thomas (Enterprise Solution Architect) from Nottingham
- “The course was pretty intense and well worth the money. This is mainly due to the professor who made this course not only interesting but provided some live examples which bring any academic lessons learnt to the real world which what I need in order to be successful. In the end I was.”By Matthew James (Enterprise Architect) from Swindon
- “The training venue was better than any I've seen before and the trainer was very knowledgeable. He had an example for everything making things easy to understand. Great course :)”By Harmandeep Sidhu (Enterprise Solution Architect) from Leeds
- “I'm not the brightest of people when it comes to exams. The trainer helped me through it and I passed with quite a good mark. Really happy with myself and the course!”By Samantha Kennell (Enterprise Architect) from Maidstone
- “Really enjoyed my training and met lots of great people who I will keep in contact with, including the trainer. Thanks”By Maya Patel (Technical Architect) from Liverpool
- “The Knowledge Academy made the experience of going through intensive training very clear and understandable from the initial booking. I found the course instructor not only helpful and insightful, but very easy to approach for additional help at the end of each session. I would absolutely return to The Knowledge Academy for my future training needs.”By Michael Marash (IT Architect) from Liverpool
- “Great course, great trainer, great experience. I will use the Knowledge Academy for any future training!”By Lyne Cartwright (Enterprise Architect) from Hertfordshire
- “I was quite scared before joining the the course. The trainer helped ease my nerves and powered me through the course. I didn't just pass, I aced the course, what more could I want!”By Roger Accrington (Solution Architect) from Reading
- “When I registered for training at The Knowledge Academy I was a little sceptical whether they would be able to train me in one week, especially as their prices were significantly lower than other service providers. However, from just the first day I realised that they operate on a theme of excellence, which made me feel confident in my ability to learn the material, pass the exams, and be able to apply the theory at work. The trainers are enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. The whole booking process was stress-free and the course, though intensive, was perfect and flexible to our needs as a group. They also provide invaluable practice documents as part of the course which I found very helpful. I have already recommended The Knowledge Academy to friends.”By Otis Marshal (Enterprise Architect) from Edinburgh
- “The entire course was organised and executed to perfection. The booking process was clear and very straight forward, the pre-course material was well balanced and sufficient to enable the course to be understandable from day 1. The course was extremely well led by the trainer who not only expertly imparted his subject knowledge in an easy and clear manner, but also encouraged, supported and generally enthused the group both within the sessions and with the homework to pass the examinations.”By Mary Chapman (Solution Architect) from Hertfordshire
- “I was very impressed with the Knowledge Academy; the trainer was very knowledgeable and guided us easily through the course. I feel that the knowledge I have been equipped with will allow me to confidently apply knowledge within a live environment. The training was excellent value for money and I would choose the Knowledge Academy for my training needs again .”By Tobias Greene (IT Architect) from Sheffield
- “As one of the more senior (in age terms) people undergoing training, I was quite daunted at the outset, but the first class training provided by Ian allayed my concerns. The course was well-paced and we had lots of practice at simulated exam questions (at home and in class), so by the time I sat the paper I was feeling reasonably relaxed about the whole thing. If anyone out there feels they are maybe past going on intensive courses and sitting exams, I would encourage you to go for it - if I can do it at 60, so can you!”By Alex D'Souza (Technical Architect) from Swindon
- “I thoroughly enjoyed my intensive week. Being back in the classroom and concentrating on new information without interruption for 3 days was challenging; however the tutor was very knowledgeable and combined coursework with practical exam preparation. It was straightforward study with exam preparation leading to a respected qualification. I would use the knowledge academy again.”By Claire Hawthorn (IT Architect) from London
- “Tony was an approachable, professional and experienced trainer. The materials provided were invaluable and I would not hesitate to recommend The Knowledge Academy to anyone thinking of obtaining a qualification.”By Louise Girn (Infrastructure Architect) from Leeds
- “The Knowledge Academy offered excellent value for money. The venue was excellent and close to public transport links and the trainer had excellent knowledge of the subject and was very engaging”By Nigel Atterbury (Technical Architect) from Milton Keynes
- “TKA provided a well structured and focused course with an extremely competent instructor which made quite a lot of hard work become an enjoyable course …. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend TKA to others.”By Glen Johnson (Enterprise Architect) from Southampton
- “The Knowledge Academy made the experience of going through intensive training very clear and understandable from the initial booking. I found the course instructor not only helpful and insightful, but very easy to approach for additional help at the end of each session. I would absolutely return to The Knowledge Academy for my future training needs.”By Arthur Seymoure (Enterprise Solution Architect) from Dublin
We do not currently have a video for this topic
Classroom Based Training
Whilst online base training has many advantages there are also several hindrances to taking this approach. The most common being the lack of direct and immediate access to an instructor. Should you find yourself unable to progress or need clarification on an aspect of your course you would have to start an email correspondence and wait for a reply. This can be incredibly interrupting to your learning, especially if you find yourself motivated, enthusiastic and raring to go only to find yourself sitting around hoping for a swift response from your instructor.
Consequently, this is the biggest advantage to classroom training. In a classroom environment there is an element of teamwork and interaction that online teaching cannot replicate. The fact that there are others around you in the same situation can be a fantastic motivator, giving you instant access to the instructor and the opportunity to take part in debates and discussions about your course, reinforcing what you are learning along the way.
Unfortunately these advantages can pass by some students. It can sometimes be difficult for an instructor to recognise and engage some people, especially those that may be shy or introverted. Those who are more vocal can dominate discussions and potentially drown out the quieter members of a classroom, partly negating the advantages of the social aspect of classroom learning.
The biggest difference between the two, and the main reason that online courses have received a boom in popularity is that unlike classroom training, online courses can reach hundreds to even thousands more people at once in a swift and effective manner. This method ensures consistency in the course content, and for the companies training, a steady stream of data that helps them ascertain what is and isn’t working in their courses, helping them to develop, adapt, and provide a better service moving forward.
Ultimately, the decision of which approach to choose is entirely down to the customer. If you think that you have the desire and motivation to milk every last drop of learning possible from an online course, then it may just be the best approach for you.
However, if you prefer a social aspect to your learning and the possibility to bounce ideas off others in the same position as you, as well as instant and constructive advice from a tutor, perhaps a classroom based approach is the optimal route.
Fortunately at The Knowledge Academy we offer expert training in both approaches to learning. We have an efficient customer service department we do our best to ensure that you get the best result possible from whatever course you decide to take. When all is said and done, our priority is that you receive first-rate training that enables you to move forward better prepared and in a far better position than which you first contacted us in.