Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by BCS
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are experienced and are fully accredited
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes your ITIL Foundation exam.
Are there any prerequisites for the ITIL examinations?
There are no prerequisites to this course.
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is a multiple choice exam
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue at 08:30am for registration
What are the training hours?
The course timings are start at 8.30am and finish at 6pm approximately
What version of ITIL is this based on?
All of The Knowledge Academy's ITIL courses are based on the latest 2011 version
What pre-course material do you offer?
Although not mandatory, we do provide you, via hyperlink, with a PDF version of 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3'. Please note that the latest 2011 version of the handbook has not yet been published.
Will there be homework?
There will be a minimum of 2 hours of homework each evening
What is the ITIL Foundation Exam Pass Guarantee?
A paper based classroom exam is conducted at the end of the second day of the ITIL Training session. Our ITIL Foundation exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your ITIL foundation exam. We guarantee that you will pass your ITIL foundation exam after completing our ITIL 2 day Class. All we require is for you to take the exam on Day 2 of the class, attend all class days and complete all class assignments, including your ITIL sample exams and home work . If you do not pass the ITIL Foundation exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the class again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt (which is not included free of charge), you will be eligible to enrol in the class again, free of charge. ITIL foundation examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
The Knowledge Academy
- The ITIL Foundation course is 2 days of presentations, exercises and discussions about ITIL Foundation best practice framework. ITIL® is a non-proprietary approach for managing IT services, developed in the 1980s by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the United Kingdom.
- In 2007 the ITIL framework was redesigned from a process-led approach to a service lifecycle approach comprising the ITIL five core volumes:
- Service Strategy, Servce Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
- ITIL Foundation provide a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processess, functions and roles.
- Provided as pre-course work is an overview on ITIL named 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3' which is optional should you decide to read the document. Please note that 'The IT Service Management Forum' are yet to publish a 2011 version of the Overview handbook. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
- Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following
ITIL Foundation 2011 Course Content
Service Management as a Practice
- Efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
- Good practice
- Functions, Roles and Processes
Service Strategy: overall business aims and expectations
- Types of Service Provision
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Case
Service Design: developing a solution to meet the needs of the business
- Service Catalogue Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
Service Transition: implementing service designs so that service operations can manage the services
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge Management
- Release and Deployment Management
Service Operation: day to day, business as usual activities
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Access Management
- Functions: Service Desk, Technical Management, Operations Management and Applications Management
Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision
- CSI Model
- Deming Cycle
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “The instructor was worth 5 stars alone.”By Harriet Watkins (ITIL Service Management) from Perth
- “Great fun and worth every penny.”By Shelia Griffin (ITIL Consultant) from Canberra
- “The ITIL training course was intense but great fun. Good value for money.”By Sylvester Vega (IT Auditor) from Sydney
- “I really enjoyed taking the ITIL Foundation training course due to the structure and organisation of the course, along with the interesting course materials.”By Pete Anderson (IT Manager) from Adelaide
- “Intense but thoroughly interesting and well worth the time and money.”By Mark Farrant (Project Executive) from Adelaide
- “Really positive experience; I would recommend anyone to use The Knowledge Academy”By Oscar Branning (Project Assistant) from Perth
We do not currently have a video for this topic
ITIL Certification – for proper Success
Successes are a few things that is expensive to everybody and every one of them attempting to urge this success. This is often kind of the wont in each individual. If you're one among them and need to reach your ventures, then there is bound stuff you will do concerning it. If you follow these points, then you'll be ready to get the success and retain it. Such a step is exploit special skills just like the ITIL certification. If you're curious what this is often, then you wish to browse the remainder of this piece and you'll get data concerning ITIL course, ITIL training and ITIL certification.
If you're interested concerning the ITIL certification and need to urge into the ITIL course and have the ITIL coaching, then, you ought to move to the ITIL training course and also the rest are going to be alright. Stepping into the course is very simple as you'll be able to get listed for the course you would like, however the selection of the certification course ought to depend upon your space of interest. There’s the ITIL V3 course and also the ITIL foundation course and lots of additional and you're liberated to opt for among them.
Getting into the ITIL certification course won’t be that powerful. All you'll like is to take the ITIL training then you have got to target the ITIL course. Once, you have got the ITIL certification you'll be ready to create a far better impression at the task as a result of you'll be enriched and developed by the training you'll have. it's true that you just got to take the step of ITIL training however the remainder are going to be rather simple and straightforward and it'll so assist you lots in your future.
After you have got completed your ITIL training and got the ITIL certification, it'll become rather simple to urge smart jobs. If you're thinking that everyone this is often simply a matter of advert, then you're wrong. If you search the market then you'll realize that the majority of the IT firms recently are craving for people who have done the ITIL course and who have the ITIL coaching. It’s thus as a result of they require folks that are cognizant of their jobs and their responsibilities. So, once you have got completed your ITIL certification, you'll get lots of success.
If you're thinking that however this piece are often thus assured concerning the ITIL training and ITIL course and the way will it tell you to take this one if you would like really expert quality jobs, then you wish to understand that every one the opinion and also the recommendation is obtainable by associate ITIL certification holder. Yes, I even have completed my ITIL course and ITIL training and nowadays I’m reaping the advantages of taking the step ahead. That’s why; I would like that others even have their edges. This is often precious why; I’m supporting the concept of obtaining the ITIL certification. Hopefully, the recommendations are going to be ready to assist you in your career and endeavour.
This post was written by: Mike Stevens