APM PMQ Overview
APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) Course Outline
The APM Project management qualification (PMQ) syllabus is based upon the APM Body of Knowledge 7th edition. Throughout this 5-day training course you will gain a broad level understanding of project management knowledge to be able to participate in projects from individual level to large organisational projects.
Module 1: How Organisations and Projects Are Structured
- Differentiate between Permanent and Temporary Organisation Structures
- Way in Which an Organisational Breakdown Structure is Used to Create a Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- Role and Key Responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Responsibilities of the Project Manager and the Project Sponsor Throughout the Project
- Describe Other Roles Within Project Management
- Describe the Functions and Benefits of Different Types of Project Office
- Why Aspects of Project Management Governance are Required?
Module 2: Project Life Cycles
- Differentiate Between Linear, Iterative and Hybrid Life Cycles
- Why Projects are Structured as Phases in a Linear Life Cycle?
- Differentiate Between a Project Life Cycle and an Extended Life Cycle
- Role of Knowledge and Information Management to Inform Decision Making
- Benefits of Conducting Reviews Throughout the Life Cycle
- Why Projects May Close Early?
Module 3: Situational Context of Projects
- Differentiate Between Projects and Business as Usual
- Differentiate Between Project Management, Portfolio Management and Programme Management
- Relationship Between Programmes, Projects and Strategic Change
- Where the Use of Programme Management May be Appropriate?
- Where the Use of Portfolio Management May be Appropriate?
- Tools and Techniques Used to Determine Factors Which Influence and Impact Projects
- Impact of the Legal and Regulatory Environment on Projects
Module 4: Communication within Project Management
- Benefits to a Project of a Communication Plan
- Relationship Between Stakeholder Analysis and an Effective Communication Management Plan
- State Factors Which Can Positively or Negatively Affect Communication
- State Sources of Conflict Within a Project
- Ways in Which Conflict Can be Addressed
- How to Plan and Conduct Negotiations?
Module 5: Principles of Leadership and Teamwork
- How Leadership Impacts Team Performance and Motivation
- Change Leadership Styles to Effectively Support the Management of a Project
- Characteristics and Benefits of Effective Teams and Teamwork
- Factors Which Impact the Leadership of Virtual Teams
- Which Influences the Creation, Development and Leadership of Teams?
Module 6: Understand Planning for Success
- Importance of a Business Case Throughout the Project Life Cycle
- What’s Meant by Benefits Management
- Investment Appraisal Techniques Used by a Project Manager
- Information Management Process
- Factors Which Would Typically be Reported on to Help Ensure Successful Project Outcomes
- Relationship Between the Deployment Baseline and the Development of a Project Management Plan in Linear and Iterative Life Cycles
- Importance of Producing a Project Management Plan
- Typical Contents of a Project Management Plan
- Approaches to Producing Estimates
- Reasons for and Benefits of Re-estimating with Project Life Cycle
- Relationship Between Stakeholder Analysis, Influence and Engagement
- Importance of Managing Stakeholder Expectations to the Success
- Why a Project Manager Would Use Earned Value Management?
- Interpret Earned Value Data
- Benefits of Using the Interpretation of Earned Value Data
- Role of Contingency Planning in Projects
Module 7: Understand Project Scope Management
- Scope in Terms of Outputs, Outcomes and Benefits
- How to Establish Scope Through Requirements Management Processes?
- How to Manage Scope Through Configuration Management Processes?
- Different Stages of a Typical Change Control Process
Module 8: Schedule and Resource Optimisation
- Ways to Create and Maintain a Schedule
- Differentiate Between Critical Path and Critical Chain as Scheduling Techniques
- How Resources are Categorised and Allocated to a Linear Life Cycle Schedule?
- How Resources are Categorised and Allocated to an Iterative Life Cycle Schedule?
- Differentiate Between Resource Smoothing and Resource Levelling.
- Differentiate Between Cost Planning for Iterative Life Cycles and Cost Planning for Linear Life Cycles
Module 9: Understand Project Procurement
- Purpose, Typical Content and Importance of a Procurement Strategy.
- Differentiate Between Different Methods of Supplier Reimbursement
- Differentiate Between Different Contractual Relationships.
- Supplier Selection Process
Module 10: Risk and Issue Management of Project Management
- Explain Each Stage in a Risk Management Process
- Proactive and Reactive Responses to Risk
- Benefits of Risk Management
- Key Aspects of Issue Management
Module 11: Quality in the Context of a Project
- What’s Meant by Quality Planning?
- Differentiate Between Quality Control and Quality Assurance
Who should attend this APM PMQ Course?
The APM PMQ is a widely recognised qualification in Project Management, designed to provide a broad understanding of the principles and core concepts of Project Management. The following professionals can benefit from this course:
- Project Managers
- Change Managers
- IT Managers
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Business Analysts
- Team Leaders
- Functional Managers
Prerequisites of the APM PMQ Course
There are no formal prerequisites for this APM PMQ Training Course. However, a basic understanding of Project Management concepts can be beneficial.
APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) Course Overview
APM Project Management Qualification (Association for Project Management - PMQ) holders demonstrate that they have an exceptional understanding of project management principles and how to successfully monitor and control a project. This 5-day course will provide you with everything you need to achieve the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ). A core focus is placed on project management concepts and processes in line with the Association for Project Management (APM) Body of Knowledge and PMQ syllabus, including budgeting and cost management, conflict management, communication, and leadership. By the end of this course, candidates should be able to apply this new knowledge to projects within their workplace.
PMQ is recognised both nationally and internationally as a premier Project Management qualification and the perfect indication of Project Management competency. Because of this, individuals who have earned this qualification will be rewarded with improved job prospects and enhanced earning potential. Learn more about how PMQ can help you in your career by visiting our APM Careers page.
What is PMQ?
Project Management Qualification (PMQ) is a knowledge-based qualification that demonstrates general knowledge in all areas of project management. The PMQ syllabus covers a wide breadth of topics, from the essential management tools required to monitor and control a project through to the wider context in which the project is being managed in terms of social and environmental issues, finance, organisation, procurement, and people management. PMQ is provided by APM (Association for Project Management), the largest professional project management body in Europe.
What’s included in this APM PMQ Course?
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) Examination
- World-class Training Sessions from Experienced Instructors
- APM PMQ Certificate
- Digital Delegate Pack
APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) Exam Information
The APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) Exam assesses participants' understand the concepts and principles of project management. This certification focuses on providing individuals with a experience in project management knowledge and terminology.
- Type of Questions: Essay based
- Total Questions: 16
- Number of Marks: 50 marks
- Pass Mark: 55%
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Open Book/Closed Book: Closed Book
Why choose us
Ways to take this course
Experience live, interactive learning from home with The Knowledge Academy's Online Instructor-led APM PMQ. Engage directly with expert instructors, mirroring the classroom schedule for a comprehensive learning journey. Enjoy the convenience of virtual learning without compromising on the quality of interaction.
Unlock your potential with The Knowledge Academy's APM PMQ, accessible anytime, anywhere on any device. Enjoy 90 days of online course access, extendable upon request, and benefit from the support of our expert trainers. Elevate your skills at your own pace with our Online Self-paced sessions.
Experience the most sought-after learning style with The Knowledge Academy's APM PMQ. Available in 490+ locations across 190+ countries, our hand-picked Classroom venues offer an invaluable human touch. Immerse yourself in a comprehensive, interactive experience with our expert-led APM PMQ sessions.
Highly experienced trainers
Boost your skills with our expert trainers, boasting 10+ years of real-world experience, ensuring an engaging and informative training experience
State of the art training venues
We only use the highest standard of learning facilities to make sure your experience is as comfortable and distraction-free as possible
Small class sizes
Our Classroom courses with limited class sizes foster discussions and provide a personalised, interactive learning environment
Great value for money
Achieve certification without breaking the bank. Find a lower price elsewhere? We'll match it to guarantee you the best value
Streamline large-scale training requirements with The Knowledge Academy’s In-house/Onsite APM PMQ at your business premises. Experience expert-led classroom learning from the comfort of your workplace and engage professional development.
Tailored learning experience
Leverage benefits offered from a certification that fits your unique business or project needs
Maximise your training budget
Cut unnecessary costs and focus your entire budget on what really matters, the training.
Team building opportunity
Our APM PMQ offers a unique chance for your team to bond and engage in discussions, enriching the learning experience beyond traditional classroom settings
Monitor employees progress
The course know-how will help you track and evaluate your employees' progression and performance with relative ease
What our customers are saying
Brian was brilliant
great delivery from Brian and very knowledgeable from real life experience
Thank you to Brian for being a fantastic trainer. I learnt so much over the 5 days and am very grateful for this. He was very engaging and easy to understand.
APM PMQ FAQs
Why choose us
Best price in the industry
You won't find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
Trusted & Approved
Our APM training courses are fully accredited by APM (Association for Project Management)
Many delivery methods
Flexible delivery methods are available depending on your learning style.
High quality resources
Resources are included for a comprehensive learning experience.
"Really good course and well organised. Trainer was great with a sense of humour - his experience allowed a free flowing course, structured to help you gain as much information & relevant experience whilst helping prepare you for the exam"
Joshua Davies, Thames Water