What is Microsoft Office New Features
Describes and shows what has been updated within the Microsoft suite for Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access & Project for 2007 & 2010
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at the venue for 08:45am
Am I using Microsoft Office 2007?
Click Microsoft OFFICE button, click relevant OPTIONS button. Within OPTIONS click RESOURCES to find your version.
Am I using Microsoft Excel 2010?
Click the FILE tab. In BACKSTAGE view, click HELP. Within PRODUCT ACTIVATED, find your version.
The Knowledge Academy
Who Should Attend the Course?
Anyone who wishes to gain a working knowledge of how to use Office 2007 in the shortest possible time. Delegates must be existing users of Office 2000, XP or 2003 and be proficient at least to Intermediate level.
Getting Started with Microsoft Word 2007
• Starting Out • Using Page Setup • Using Print Preview • Getting Help in Word
The New Ribbon Interface
• Getting Acquainted • The Quick Access Toolbar • Ribbons and Chunks • The Home Ribbon • The Insert Ribbon • The View Ribbon
Working with Word 2007 Files
• Saving your Files • Finishing your Files • Making Word Work Backwards
Using Styles in Word 2007
• Using the Quick Style Gallery • Changing Your Styles • Using the Styles Pane • Doing More with Styles
Adding Tables and Charts to PowerPoint 2007
• Creating and Working with Tables • Formatting a Table • Working with SmartArt • Customizing your Diagrams • Working with Charts and Graphs
Creating Masters in PowerPoint 2007
• Introduction to Slide Masters • Creating Masters • Using Masters
Managing Tables in Excel 2007
• Working with Tables • Working with Records and Fields • Working with Tables and Filters • Using Excel as a Database
- Highly Experienced Instructor
- Detailed User-Friendly Manual
- Pre/Post Course Email Support
- Attendance Certificate
- “Excellent and motivated trainers”By Patrick Conelly (Management) from Cardiff
- “Excellent training! I will plan further courses with them!”By Nicola Norton (Business Analyst) from Kent
- “Great course, great instruction but hard work!”By Craig Linton (Operations Manager) from Reading
- “Good quality training at a sensible price”By Chris Kitchen (Network Engineer) from London
- “Totally delivered what they promised!”By Michael Haines (Insight Analyst) from Manchester
- “Amazing value for money”By Clive Howard (Microsoft Consultant) from Preston
- “The course was very intense and well structured, each topic was explored thoroughly enough and the homework helped the days learning to sink in.”By Susan Shephard (Advisor) from Liverpool
- “This course was worth every penny, not only did we learn the material and score highly we were also inspired by the use of experiential knowledge and examples throughout. I have already highly recommended this course to others.”By Sally Morgan (Operations Manager) from Oxford
- “The teaching was great, very focussed on ensuring we understood the course and how to approach the exams to give us the best chance available.”By Mark James (Dynamics Project Manager) from York
- “The training provided by The Knowledge Academy was excellent and catered for a wide-range of professionals. I was particularly impressed by the trainer - he was extremely experienced and added real-world examples to assist the students to understand the subject.”By John Simpson (Project Co-Ordinator) from Warwick
- “Just bumped into the college via Google. Found the week very busy. the support from the lecturer carried me through. I had to do the homework every evening. I will happily work with Knowledge Academy.”By Catherine Smith (Senior Developer) from Bristol
We do not currently have a video for this topic
Classroom Based Training
Whilst online base training has many advantages there are also several hindrances to taking this approach. The most common being the lack of direct and immediate access to an instructor. Should you find yourself unable to progress or need clarification on an aspect of your course you would have to start an email correspondence and wait for a reply. This can be incredibly interrupting to your learning, especially if you find yourself motivated, enthusiastic and raring to go only to find yourself sitting around hoping for a swift response from your instructor.
Consequently, this is the biggest advantage to classroom training. In a classroom environment there is an element of teamwork and interaction that online teaching cannot replicate. The fact that there are others around you in the same situation can be a fantastic motivator, giving you instant access to the instructor and the opportunity to take part in debates and discussions about your course, reinforcing what you are learning along the way.
Unfortunately these advantages can pass by some students. It can sometimes be difficult for an instructor to recognise and engage some people, especially those that may be shy or introverted. Those who are more vocal can dominate discussions and potentially drown out the quieter members of a classroom, partly negating the advantages of the social aspect of classroom learning.
The biggest difference between the two, and the main reason that online courses have received a boom in popularity is that unlike classroom training, online courses can reach hundreds to even thousands more people at once in a swift and effective manner. This method ensures consistency in the course content, and for the companies training, a steady stream of data that helps them ascertain what is and isn’t working in their courses, helping them to develop, adapt, and provide a better service moving forward.
Ultimately, the decision of which approach to choose is entirely down to the customer. If you think that you have the desire and motivation to milk every last drop of learning possible from an online course, then it may just be the best approach for you.
However, if you prefer a social aspect to your learning and the possibility to bounce ideas off others in the same position as you, as well as instant and constructive advice from a tutor, perhaps a classroom based approach is the optimal route.
Fortunately at The Knowledge Academy we offer expert training in both approaches to learning. We have an efficient customer service department we do our best to ensure that you get the best result possible from whatever course you decide to take. When all is said and done, our priority is that you receive first-rate training that enables you to move forward better prepared and in a far better position than which you first contacted us in.