Who should attend this Assertiveness Training Course?
This Assertiveness Skills training course is aimed at those who wish to develop their skills to deal with different individuals and demanding situations.
Anyone who wants to learn about Emotional Intelligence, Art of saying 'NO', Conflict Management, and want to be confident in what they say and do can attend this course.
Assertiveness Skills Training Overview
This 1-day Assertiveness Training course is designed to help candidates explore and gain an understanding of the issues associated with not being assertive, and the benefits of being assertive in a workplace environment.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will feel more confident in their ability to communicate and manage colleagues and clients, especially when put in uncomfortable or demanding situations where it is important to keep calm and be an assertive presence.
What is Assertive Language?
Assertion means standing up for what you want and stating your thoughts clearly and calmly. It means expressing your opinion, which sometimes leads to confrontation. It takes courage. Assertiveness is a learned behaviour, and some find it harder than others because of their natural, easy-going style.
- Understand the underlying principles of assertiveness
- Recognise the distinctive styles of communication
- Identify specific situations in which we would like to become more assertive
- To prepare, rehearse, or role play a different, more assertive response
- Transferring that behaviour into 'real life' situations