Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by BCS (British Computer Society)
What is the experience of the instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, the official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 manual, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes both the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams
Are there any prerequisites for the PRINCE2 examinations?
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before attempting to complete the Practitioner examination.
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is multiple choice and the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination
What is the pre-course reading?
The pre-course study material which is sent upon confirmation consists of; 1) Reading the first 3 chapters of the PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®” 2) Pre-course workbook to be completed by the Delegate and handed to Trainer at the start of course. 3) 70 multiple choice Questions to test your PRINCE2® with detailed answers. The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 15 hours of study prior to the course start date.
What are the hours of the course?
The training hours are start at 9am and finish at 5pm approximately
Is there home work?
There is a minimum of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor each day
IT'S OFFICIAL: MORE candidates PASS PRINCE2 exams with our courses than any other training provider as verified by APM Group. How is this verified?
This has been verified by APMG based on statistics from 1 Jan 2013 - 30 November 2013 and is based on volume of delegates
Please explain how I can report my PDUs to to PMI that I earned with The Knowledge Academy
You will need to complete and submit a PMP Professional Development Activities Reporting Form to PMI. This can be obtained from by visiting www.pmi.org/Certification/Maintain-Your-Credential.aspx
How long until I receive the course confirmation details?
Once your booking has been placed and confirmed, you will receive an email which contains your course location, course overview, pre-course reading material (if required), course agenda and payment receipts
The Knowledge Academy
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® course materials and trainers are accredited by BCS. ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by BCS. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and BCS. to ensure that their knowledge of Project Management and PRINCE2® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2®courses materials are based on the 2009 edition of, “Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2®,” and include examinations based on this manual.
The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the PRINCE2® training environment.
Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
- 1) Reading 3 chapters of the PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®”
- 2) Pre-course workbook to be completed by the Delegate and handed to Trainer at the start of course.
- 3) 70 multiple choice Questions to test your PRINCE2® with detailed answers
The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 15 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 5 day course that includes the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before attempting to complete the Practitioner examination.
- A 75 question multiple choice examination with a pass mark of 35 out of 70. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a prerequisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
PRINCE2®: 2009 Practitioner Exam Format
- A 80 question Objective Test Examination with a pass mark of 44 out of 80 (55%). Success in this examination indicates that the candidate could apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. This is the top level of PRINCE2® qualification.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the PRINCE2® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
- Principles of PRINCE2®
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting up a Project Process
- Directing a Project Process
- Initiating a Project Process
- Controlling a Stage Process
- Managing Product Delivery Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- Closing a Project Process
- Tailoring PRINCE2® to the project environment
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
- The official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® course manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “I recently attended a PRINCE2 training course for a full week - it was brilliant - there was a lot to take in and lots of homework (every night) but it was worth every penny. I had a really brilliant trainer too. I would recommend this course to anyone! It was excellent - very professionally organised and efficiently delivered. Thank you!”By Charlotte Higgens (Project Officer) from Sheffield
- “I have recently completed my Prince2 training with The Knowledge Academy in their London location and had a really good week. I had a trainer called Ray who was fantastic, very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Prince2. He went through everything slowly ensuring we were all at the same pace. Thanks to him I passed the prince2 course first time!”By Cameron Glover (Programme Assistant) from London
- “Over all a professional supplier of the Prince2 seminar, with a competent and friendly trainer, who explains and shows the different theories in a manner where it is understandable for all people.”By Caroline Daniels (Project Officer) from Milton Keynes
- “I participated in the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course and was very happy with the whole process. I received pre course material just after booking the course, with a comprehensive description of the process and the work required before and during the course. The material also included a daily schedule for the course and exam-related questions. The training was performed by a professional tutor who made sure everyone was up to speed at all times. He also made us work together in groups, so we got to know each other a little. I was very happy with the whole experience.”By Anthony Crawford (Project Executive) from London
- “Was recommended by my fellow workmate who had booked with you before. I was not disappointed, a great course and a great service. Thank you.”By Imogen Smith (Project Manager) from Bristol
- “The course was very well put together, the trainer made the content interesting which made it easier to understand. It was a pleasure booking with Knowledge Academy will be booking the Practitioner as well next month.”By Rebecca Dunkirk (Project Manager) from Leicester
- “Thank you to The Knowledge Academy for providing an excellent service - from enquiring to booking and finally attending the course the whole experience was pain free. Will be coming back for more in 2012.”By Subraj Singh (Project Co-Ordinator) from London
- “I attended the Prince 2 course run by the Knowledge Academy in Leeds in November 2011 and managed to achieve high marks due to the excellent tuition received on the course and the quality of the Knowledge Academy literature. I followed the instructions provided by the Knowledge Academy regarding pre course reading and this really prepared me for the intensive week ahead. All the other attendees were suitably impressed by the quality of tuition and the provision of course material. I have booked courses in MSP and M_o_R on the basis of the quality provided in the Prince 2 course.”By Nigel Williams (Project Manager) from Leeds
- “I will recommend TKA to any one wishing to take a Prince2 course. Their trainers were very good and the subject matter was well presented and real life examples was given. The advice was very good and the training environment was first class - I will recommend TKA to any one any day!”By George Menseh (Systems Support Manager) from Glasgow
- “Thank you to the Knowledge Academy, and in particular the trainer for the quality of the training and getting me to a successful pass. The information provided was very good and his training style was excellent.”By Harry Kirkland (PRINCE2 Technical Manager) from Leicester
- “I am very thankful to everyone for helping me get the Prince2 certification. I really appreciate your prices and the quality of delivering the course. I will highly recommend knowledge Academy to my friends and family. Good value for money.”By Gary Wader (Project Manager) from Maidstone
- “Qualifying in Prince2 has been a long-held ambition and opens so many doors to me now. The professionalism of the training, support and encouragement from the Knowledge Academy made all the difference. The team filled me with confidence to use this knowledge with aplomb.”By Morris James (Infrastructure Project Manager) from Edinburgh
- “The PRINCE2 course was really valuable, the trainer was very knowledgeable. I learned so much in one week, thank you!”By Richard Bates (Project Assistant) from Manchester
- “A PRINCE2 qualification is a really great addition to my CV, and the knowledge that I gained a great addition to my skills.”By Samantha Lowe (Project Executive) from Norwich
- “This was a very good course, albeit an intensive week. The trainer taught very well and gave me and my fellow classmates enough help when needed.”By Mame Kanu (Senior Programme Manager) from London
- “I was searching for Prince2 course for awhile and came across The Knowledge Academy who guided me through a simple booking process. I attended the course last week - it was intense but the trainer made it enjoyable.”By James Riggs (PRINCE2 Project Manager) from Birmingham
- “Thanks to The Knowledge Academy for an excellent course and service. The PRINCE2 course was really valuable, the trainer was very knowledgeable. I learned so much in one week, thank you!”By Peter Flowers (Project Manager) from Nottingham
- “With my previous project management experience, I thought the course would be ‘simple’. But it was definitely very intensive and proved truly beneficial to attend the training. Working with other participants sharing experience helped to expand my understanding. The course was delivered maintaining the integrity and intensity of the course; at the same time engaging and sharing the experience from the Trainer which was really useful.”By Masood Ali (Business Analyst) from London
- “The Knowledge Academy made the experience of going through intensive PRINCE2 training very clear and understandable from the initial booking. I found the course instructor not only helpful and insightful, but very easy to approach for additional help at the end of each session. I would absolutely return to The Knowledge Academy for my future training needs.”By Linda Jefferson (Project Assistant) from Southampton
Our View of PRINCE2
The Knowledge Academy is one of the largest PRINCE2 training providers in the world currently. We believe in the power of PRINCE2 and how it has and will continue to change the world of project management in the 21st century. Project management has become increasingly important as time has moved on due to more inventions and technology being produced and introduced into the business world. In order to any organisation to remain on top they must keep up with the modern times and therefore new projects must take place on a daily basis.
Organisations around the world including in the UK are becoming more and more aware of the opportunities available when a project management approach is adopted. A project management methodology such as PRINCE2 look at the way in which they address the creation and delivery of the new business products and allows the company to implement any changes needed. PRINCE2 therefore provides a common, structured approach to project management.
PRINCE2 is known to be a measurable and flexible project management method which was born from the experience of previous professional project managers. The PRINCE2 methodology is constantly being changed and adopted in order to include a variety of contexts. Many organisations; large and small adopt the PRINCE2 method for the following reasons;
- It is repeatable
- It can easily be taught through PRINCE2 training courses
- It build on experience
- It can be applied to any size or shape of project
- It insists on a good business case for the project before it begins and throughout.
- It focuses on quality throughout the project
- It clearly identifies roles and responsibilities throughout the project
- Everyone involved knows what to expect
- It provides a thorough and economical structure of reports
- It is based on management by exception which gives good and effective use of management time
- Ensures good communications with all stakeholders
- There are early warning of problems
- If a project is taken over in the middle you know what documents to look for
- It is proactive and not reactive
The best part of PRINCE2 is that it is free to implement within any organisation.
Moreover, when PRINCE2 is about to be implemented by an organisation or business, the following project performance aspects are normally accounted for. The following is what makes PRINCE2 so unique;
- The cost of the project
- How long the project will take
- It is vital to get the quality right – find out what quality the customer is looking for
- Scope – How are the requirements of the project shown?
- Risk- what risks are involved? A risk management procedure must be put in place
- The benefits of the project must be clear.
In order for the above to be kept under control PRINCE2 employs seven principles which are unique to its own method;
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailored to suit the project environment
These principles are known to be; universal, self-validating and empowering in the project.
The above seven processes define how the project will run and how the project will succeed.
Project management can be a scary world and extremely unpredictable however, with PRINCE2 it doesn’t have to be so scary. PRINCE2 is a measured approach which allows reliability within the project itself.