What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at the venue for 08:45am
What are the pre-requisites?
An understanding of databases and exposure to information technology in general would be useful
Who is this course for?
Anyone who needs to use and understand Oracle SQL to query and update an Oracle database; and who also needs an introduction to the PL/SQL programming language.
What examination follows this course?
This course covers the main topics of the Oracle exam #1Z0-052 Oracle Database 11g: Administration I.
Are examinations included?
No, the course does not include the examination
The Knowledge Academy
Our Oracle Database 11g DBA - Part One course is aimed at Database Administrators who require the practical experience in setting up, administering and troubleshooting an Oracle 11g Release 1 or Release 2 database.
Who is the course for?
Database Administrators who require the practical experience in setting up, administering and troubleshooting an Oracle 11g Release 1 or Release 2 database.
What will I learn?
- Installing and Configuring Oracle
- Creating and Managing an Oracle Database
- Administering an Oracle Database
- Configuring the Oracle Network Environment
- Creating and Managing Database Storage Structures
- Managing Redo Log Files and Control Files
- Managing Schema Objects
- Managing Users, Profiles, Privileges and Roles
- Managing Undo Data and Temporary Segments
- Monitoring and Resolving Lock Conflicts
- Maintaining Database Security
- Monitoring the Performance of the Database
- Loading and Unloading Data
- Backing Up and Recovering the Database
Installing and Configuring Oracle
Creating and Managing an Oracle Database
Administering an Oracle Database
Configuring the Oracle Network Environment
Creating and Managing Database Storage Structures
Managing Redo Log Files and Control Files
Managing Schema Objects
Managing Users, Profiles, Privileges and Roles
Managing Undo Data and Temporary Segments
Monitoring and Resolving Lock Conflicts
Maintaining Database Security
Monitoring the Performance of the Database
Loading and Unloading Data
Backing Up and Recovering the Database
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Exam preperation
- Experienced Instructor
- “Wasn't too sure if I should attend as I thought I knew it all. Was surprised on the amount of information the course covered. The depth of it all was brilliant. Have to say a big thank you for all involved in making this a great course”By Helen Jeffries (Data Analyst) from Birmingham
- “Must say, had to choose between the providers for this course not knowing who to go with. After a few lengthy conversations I decided to book with Knowledge. Liked the literature which was provided and the content, was more than adequate to meet my expectations”By Martyn Holloway (Oracle Architect) from London
- “Enjoyed learning with you and impressed with how you conduct the delivery of your courses. Brilliant stuff”By Karl Dunst (Oracle Architect) from Leeds
- “The course covered such a wide topic. I didn't know the course would be so intense and enjoyable. Would definitely say to go on this course”By Darren Powell (Database Developer) from Reading
- “Wow, this course really gets you working. Great that I had to really think about the subject matter and how it can all be put together. Had fun I have to say. Roll on the follow on course.”By Rachel Browne (Oracle Architect) from Berkshire
- “With what you provide, it really compliments the delivery. Did a bit of research before which made me pick this course and now I fully understand it. just need to put it all into practice now. Thank you”By Danny Humber (System Administrator) from Cirencester
We do not currently have a video for this topic
Classroom Based Training
Whilst online base training has many advantages there are also several hindrances to taking this approach. The most common being the lack of direct and immediate access to an instructor. Should you find yourself unable to progress or need clarification on an aspect of your course you would have to start an email correspondence and wait for a reply. This can be incredibly interrupting to your learning, especially if you find yourself motivated, enthusiastic and raring to go only to find yourself sitting around hoping for a swift response from your instructor.
Consequently, this is the biggest advantage to classroom training. In a classroom environment there is an element of teamwork and interaction that online teaching cannot replicate. The fact that there are others around you in the same situation can be a fantastic motivator, giving you instant access to the instructor and the opportunity to take part in debates and discussions about your course, reinforcing what you are learning along the way.
Unfortunately these advantages can pass by some students. It can sometimes be difficult for an instructor to recognise and engage some people, especially those that may be shy or introverted. Those who are more vocal can dominate discussions and potentially drown out the quieter members of a classroom, partly negating the advantages of the social aspect of classroom learning.
The biggest difference between the two, and the main reason that online courses have received a boom in popularity is that unlike classroom training, online courses can reach hundreds to even thousands more people at once in a swift and effective manner. This method ensures consistency in the course content, and for the companies training, a steady stream of data that helps them ascertain what is and isn’t working in their courses, helping them to develop, adapt, and provide a better service moving forward.
Ultimately, the decision of which approach to choose is entirely down to the customer. If you think that you have the desire and motivation to milk every last drop of learning possible from an online course, then it may just be the best approach for you.
However, if you prefer a social aspect to your learning and the possibility to bounce ideas off others in the same position as you, as well as instant and constructive advice from a tutor, perhaps a classroom based approach is the optimal route.
Fortunately at The Knowledge Academy we offer expert training in both approaches to learning. We have an efficient customer service department we do our best to ensure that you get the best result possible from whatever course you decide to take. When all is said and done, our priority is that you receive first-rate training that enables you to move forward better prepared and in a far better position than which you first contacted us in.