The Knowledge Academy
- The ITIL Foundation course is 2 days of presentations, exercises and discussions about ITIL Foundation best practice framework. ITIL® is a non-proprietary approach for managing IT services, developed in the 1980s by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the United Kingdom.
- In 2007, the ITIL framework was redesigned from a process-led approach to a service lifecycle approach comprising the ITIL five core volumes:
- Service Strategy, Servce Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
- ITIL Foundation provides a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processes, functions and roles.
- Provided as pre-course work is an overview on ITIL named 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3' which is optional should you decide to read the document. Please note that 'The IT Service Management Forum' are yet to publish a 2011 version of the Overview handbook. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
- Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following
ITIL Foundation 2011 Course Content
Service Management as a Practice
- Efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
- Good practice
- Functions, Roles and Processes
Service Strategy: overall business aims and expectations
- Types of Service Provision
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Case
Service Design: developing a solution to meet the needs of the business
- Service Catalogue Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
Service Transition: implementing service designs so that service operations can manage the services
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge Management
- Release and Deployment Management
Service Operation: day to day, business as usual activities
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Access Management
- Functions: Service Desk, Technical Management, Operations Management and Applications Management
Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example, JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
We are live!
Our new website has been launched.
You may notice that the appearance and layout of the website is different – The Knowledge Academy has a colourful new theme. We’ve incorporated a new font and have selected colours that complement each other, ensuring that you will be able to enjoy reading easier than before.
We’ve made our website more user-friendly by including our most common searches and courses at the top of the home page, allowing you to find them more easily and efficiently.
We are mobile! You can view our website via any device, whether it be a; laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone. See for yourself; open up our website on your phone – its sleek design allows you to glide through any part of the website with ease. Everything is straight to the point and easy to navigate; with its new design, you can find and search for what you need in a matter of seconds. All of our courses are divided into different headings, a new feature allows you to hover your cursor over a sub-heading of your choice and view it before you’ve entered it. Any key, important information you should know, greets you on our homepage.
We have provided you with “widgets” containing facts about the courses.
- The amount of people who have already taken the course
- Whether the course has "The Knowledge Academy Best Price Guarantee"
- Logos of the Accreditors associated to the course
- How many are currently looking at the same course as you
- Any downloadable related content available
- View course availability if wanting to book with us
We have a dedicated section containing recent reviews made by our delegates. Reviewing our courses has been made easier. With our user-friendly website, you can scroll through them after clicking on “Trustpilot review(s)” to read their opinion. If you’re into your social networking, then our Facebook page is widget is located just on the right of the page, awaiting your “like”.
You’ll find additional information on our blog page. We like to keep you up-to-date with all the latest news. You will also find promotional material about our courses. You are able to share with your friends and family any of the blog posts you enjoy. We are on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
Welcome to the new website.