There are no formal prerequisites for attending this Basic Barista Course.
This course is designed for anyone who would like to become a barista and would like to gain the skills to fulfil this role.
Basic Barista Course Overview
A barista is an espresso machine "coffee artist" who makes, decorates, and serves drinks to clients. A barista is responsible for preparing and serving coffee-based drinks that meet the customer's expectations in terms of flavour, temperature, and presentation. Baristas provide personal recommendations, build relationships with customers, and create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere in a coffee shop. Studying this training equips learners to demonstrate all the necessary skills that are required to start a career from scratch in the coffee industry. Pursuing this training helps individuals get equipped with the necessary skills and techniques to enhance their career opportunities and increase their earnings.
The Knowledge Academy’s 1-day Basic Barista Course provides delegates with the fundamental skills and knowledge needed to become competent baristas. During this course, they will learn about the various methods of roasting coffee beans. They will also learn about health and safety measures when working with an espresso machine. This course will be led by our highly skilled and knowledgeable trainer, who has years of experience in teaching and will help delegates get a complete set of barista skills and knowledge of responsibilities.
- To become familiar with the various methods of roasting coffee beans
- To attain knowledge of various tips for using a coffee grinder effectively
- To understand the importance of dose setting for different types of coffee
- To become familiar with how to measure coffee and water accurately
- To learn how to properly maintain and clean an espresso machine
- To get knowledge of the inner workings of an espresso machine and how it operates
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to identify the various areas of growth and types of coffee beans. They will also be able to manage time and prioritise tasks to handle large drink orders efficiently.