Press esc to close
Press esc to close
Fill out your contact details below and our training experts will be in touch.
If you wish to make any changes to your course, please log a ticket and choose the category ‘booking change’
Back to Course Information
Module 1: Understanding the XenDesktop 7.5 Architecture
• Understanding the Architecture of a XenDesktop Solution
• XenDesktop Virtualization Technologies
• Infrastructure Components
• Citrix Components
• Designing a XenDesktop Implementation
• Design Document
Module 2: Hypervisor Considerations
• Setting up the Hypervisor
• Installing the Hypervisor
• Installing the Hypervisor Management Console
• Configuring the Hypervisor
• Creating Templates
• Reinforcement Exercise – Creating a Windows 7 Template
Module 3: Infrastructure Considerations
• Setting Up the Infrastructure Components
• Setting Up the Infrastructure Components
• Setting Up the Domain Controller
• Setting Up the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
• Setting Up a Certificate Authority
• Setting Up the File Server
• Setting Up SQL Server 2012
• Setting Up SQL Server Mirroring
• Reinforcement Exercise – Redirecting Additional Folders
Module 4: Setting Up Citrix Components
• Setting Up Citrix Components
• Setting Up the Citrix License Server
• Setting Up the Delivery Controller
• Setting Up a Second Controller
• Setting Up the Citrix Universal Print Server
• Setting Up StoreFront
• Setting Up a Second StoreFront Server
• Setting Up Receiver
• Reinforcement Exercise – Using the Receiver for Web Site
Module 5: Setting Up XenDesktop Resources
• Setting Up XenDesktop Resources
• Preparing the Master Virtual Machine
• Setting Up a Server OS Master Image
• Setting Up a Desktop OS Master Image
• Creating a Machine Catalog
• Creating a Delivery Group
• Reinforcement Exercise – Adding Machines and Delivery Groups
Module 6: Managing Policies and Profiles
• Setting Up Policies
• Policy Precedence (Studio vs. Group Policy Objects)
• Creating Policies Using Studio
• Creating Policies Using Group Policy
• Obtaining the Resultant Set of Policy Using Group Policy Objects
• Managing End-User Profiles
• Reinforcement Exercise 1: Working with Policies
• Reinforcement Exercise 2: Working with Profiles
Module 7: Managing Printing
• Managing Printing
• Default Printing Behavior
• Configuring Client Printing
• Managing Printer Drivers
• Optimizing Printing Performance
• Setting Up and Managing the Universal Print Server
• Reinforcement Exercise: Managing Printing
Module 8: Setting Up Provisioning Services
• Setting Up Provisioning Services
• Provisioning Services Architecture
• Setting Up a Provisioning Services Server
• Installing the Provisioning Services Console
• Configuring Boot from Network
• Setting Up a Second Provisioning Services Server
• Configuring the BootStrap File for High Availability
• Configuring the Master Target Device
• Creating the vDisk
• Assigning a vDisk to a Target Device
• Creating the Machine Catalog
• Creating the Delivery Group
• Reinforcement Exercise – Creating BDM Target Devices
Module 9: Managing and Monitoring Sessions, Sites, and End Users with
• Director Overview
• Monitoring within the Director Dashboard
• Monitoring and Managing End-User Sessions
• Reinforcement Exercise: Using Director
Module 10: Setting Up NetScaler
• Setting Up NetScaler
• Performing the Initial NetScaler Configuration
• Configuring NTP
• Configuring NetScaler High Availability
• Setting Up DNS
• Creating Certificates for NetScaler
• Load Balancing StoreFront Servers
• Configuring NetScaler for Remote Access
• Redirecting HTTP Requests for StoreFront
• Modifying StoreFront to Integrate with NetScaler
• Configuring ICA Proxy
• Configuring Authentication Policies
• Configuring NetScaler for Email-Based Account Discovery
• Reinforcement Exercise – Scanning an Endpoint for a File
The course is aimed at IT professionals who require hands-on experience with Citrix application and desktop virtualization solutions. This includes Architects, Consultants, Engineers and Administrators.
It is recommended that you have an understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts. You should also have experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, particularly:
Active Directory including domains, users, organizational units, and GPOs
Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 user interfaces
Familiarity with at least one hypervisor (XenServer, Hyper-V, or vSphere)
Basic understanding of the different types of profiles (local, roaming, mandatory)
This 3-day accelerated Citrix course provides essential experience in installing, configuring and managing a XenApp and XenDesktop virtualization solution using Windows Server 2012 R2. The course will teach you how to configure an environment from the ground up using XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6, XenServer, Citrix License Server, Machine Creation Services (MCS), Provisioning Services, StoreFront, NetScaler and Citrix Receiver. By the end of the course, you will be able to successfully deploy and support an application and desktop virtualization solution using Citrix technologies.
There is no exam with this course.
Why choose us
Our easy to use Virtual platform allows you to sit the course from home with a live instructor. You will follow the same schedule as the classroom course, and will be able to interact with the trainer and other delegates.
Our fully interactive online training platform is compatible across all devices and can be accessed from anywhere, at any time. All our online courses come with a standard 90 days access that can be extended upon request. Our expert trainers are constantly on hand to help you with any questions which may arise.
This is our most popular style of learning. We run courses in 1200 locations, across 200 countries in one of our hand-picked training venues, providing the all important ‘human touch’ which may be missed in other learning styles.
All our trainers are highly qualified, have 10+ years of real-world experience and will provide you with an engaging learning experience.
We only use the highest standard of learning facilities to make sure your experience is as comfortable and distraction-free as possible
We limit our class sizes to promote better discussion and ensuring everyone has a personalized experience
Get more bang for your buck! If you find your chosen course cheaper elsewhere, we’ll match it!
This is the same great training as our classroom learning but carried out at your own business premises. This is the perfect option for larger scale training requirements and means less time away from the office.
Our courses can be adapted to meet your individual project or business requirements regardless of scope.
Cut unnecessary costs and focus your entire budget on what really matters, the training.
This gives your team a great opportunity to come together, bond, and discuss, which you may not get in a standard classroom setting.
Keep track of your employees’ progression and performance in your own workspace.
Course was run very smoothly, Richard our trainer was extremely knowledgeable and delivered the course in a succinct fashion with a twist of humour thrown in.
The course was great and the so was the trainer - brilliantly delivered and I would certainly recommend this course to my colleagues. Thanks to Richard for a great course and delivering it a tough environment virtually.
Richard was very knowledgeable and explained well
You won't find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
Flexible delivery methods are available depending on your learning style.
Resources are included for a comprehensive learning experience.
"Really good course and well organised. Trainer was great with a sense of humour - his experience allowed a free flowing course, structured to help you gain as much information & relevant experience whilst helping prepare you for the exam"
Joshua Davies, Thames Water
"...the trainer for this course was excellent. I would definitely recommend (and already have) this course to others."
Diane Gray, Shell