Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by BCS
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our trainers are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in Managing Successful Programmes methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, the official Managing Successful Programmes manual, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes the both the MSP Foundation and Practitioner exams
Are there any prerequisites for the MSP examinations?
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation examination, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before completing the Practitioner examination
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is multiple choice and the MSP Practitioner exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
The Knowledge Academy
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
The Knowledge Academy MSP® course materials and trainers are accredited by BCS. ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by BCS. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and BCS. to ensure that their knowledge of Programme Management and MSP® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
The Knowledge Academy MSP® course materials are based on the 2011 edition of, “Managing Successful Programmes” and include examinations based on this manual.
MSP® Foundation and Practitioner Training (including examinations)
The Knowledge Academy MSP® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the MSP® training environment.
Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
1) Reading: Introduction, Principles, Introduction to Themes from the “Managing Successful Programmes”
2) Pre-course workbook to be completed by the Delegate and handed to Trainer at the start of course.
The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 15 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy MSP® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 5 day course that includes the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner examinations within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed.
Multiple choice examination, 75 questions per paper with 1 mark available per question, 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores, 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) - 50%, 60 minutes duration, Closed book Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a prerequisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
A 80 question Objective Test Examination with a pass mark of 40 out of 80. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate could apply MSP® to the running and managing of a non-complex programmes. MSP® Practitioner status should be Re-Registered every 3 to 5 years via the MSP® Re-Registration examination.
The Knowledge Academy MSP® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the MSP® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the MSP® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
The Knowledge Academy MSP® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
Principles of MSP®
Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
Benefit Realisation Management
Blueprint design and delivery
Planning and Control
The Business Case
Risk management and issue resolution
Transformational Flow Overview
Identifying a Programme
Defining a Programme
Managing the Tranches
Delivering the Capability
Realising the Benefits
Closing a programme
Tailoring MSP® to the programme environment
- 2011 Edition Managing Successful Programmes OGC Manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “The Knowedge Academy is a highly reputable training organisation and I would highly recommend. The customer care was outstanding and the trainer on the MSP course was excellent”By Melissa Bush (Programme Executive) from Bristol
- “Efficient and straight to the point!”By Levi Graves (Programme Manager) from Guildford
- “Great instructor, that really addressed the needs of the group. The material was well organized, and instructions for pre-course work were outstanding.”By Gina Manning (Programme Assistant) from Edinburgh
- “Very good course - I can't praise the trainer enough for the knowledge that he imparted to us all.”By Anne Cartwright (Programming) from London
- “Intense full-on course with lots to learn but made easier by the trainer.”By Brian Dunn (Programme Assistant) from Birmingham
- “Great course, I really got to grips with the MSP concepts.”By Toby Marshall (Programme Manager) from Sheffield
- “Excellent course, the trainer really made the content understandable.”By Liam Grover (Programme Manager) from Birmingham
- “The trainer was excellent, delivering the methodology in a fun and practical way by engaging all of the attendees. They were also excellent at preparing us for the exams.”By Elly Tumbler (Project Assistant) from Norwich
- “Was very impressed with the course, I would definitely think about coming back to do more.”By Andrew Walker (Manager) from Leeds
- “A challenging course effectively carried through. Participants with broad experience helped to enrich the discussions in a very positive way. The content and presentation by the trainer was consistently high quality and engaging while the facilities provided were excellent. Overall the course was fast paced and focused on practical application. A valuable and intense learning experience.”By Mike Butcher (Director) from Bristol
- “I found the training course in terms of pre-work, course content and delivery extremely useful to securing a pass. The relaxed, informal set up for all exercises and interaction with other delegates, using their real life examples to bring MSP to life, helped massively too!”By Richard Connor (Programme Executive) from Glasgow
- “Good quality training courses that are more than value for money. The class was small and we all got to know each other quickly - questions and discussion on particular points made the day go quickly.”By Michael Docherty (Programme Director) from Milton Keynes
We do not currently have a video for this topic
The Knowledge Academy becomes a first strategic partner of Axelos
It was announced on Friday 30th January that The Knowledge Academy has been selected to be a strategic partner by Axelos, the organisation behind best practice qualifications such as PRINCE2®, MSP® and ITIL®. As the number one globally accredited PRINCE2® training provider this is a great opportunity to increase the success, popularity and international recognition of the Axelos Global Best Practice Project, Programme, Portfolio and IT focussed certifications.
For our candidates this means that The Knowledge Academy will remain at the forefront of providing the highest quality courses at the best price in each global location. This Strategic Partnership also ensures that individuals, departments and whole organisations will also be able to stay at the cutting edge of project management and IT service management by offering PRINCE2Agile® and ITIL® Master Training as soon as the syllabus is approved. Candidates can also be certain of the continued stability and growth of the Axelos Portfolio (both in popularity and awareness) as Strategic Partners and Axelos work together to market these courses.
For The Knowledge Academy, becoming a Strategic Partner is excellent recognition of our commitment to the development and provision of international best practice standards. We are excited work with some of the most talented course instructors around the world to deliver these valuable qualifications. You can be assured that our new partnership will take our already high quality of training to new levels! Our role in developing these courses should also lead to these courses and their examinations becoming available in more languages and delivery countries and locations than ever before.
To celebrate the formation of this Partnership, The Knowledge Academy will be rewarding you with a limited time offer! We will be launching a series of exclusive training bundles to be announced across our social media channels over the next fortnight. Please ensure that you are connected to our pages at:
PRINCE2®, ITIL®, M_o_R®, MoP®, P3O®, MSP® and MoV® are registered trade marks of AXELOS limited.