Are you approved and what is your R.E.P provider number?
Yes, The Knowledge Academy has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Our R.E.P. Provider ID number is 3444
What does The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
4 days of classroom training, 35 PMI required contact hours. Guidance with PMP exam application process & support to maintain PDUs and extensive PMP practice test questions with unique PMP prep workbook
What is the Exam Pass Guarantee?
Our exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your PMP exam. We guarantee that you will pass your PMP exam after completing our PMP Class. All we require is for you to take the exam within 30 days of completing the class. Attend all class days and complete all class assignments, including your PMP practice exams. If you do not pass the exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the class again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt, you will be eligible to enrol in the class again, free of charge. PMP examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
Are there any pre-requisites for the PMP Certification examination?
To apply for the PMP exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education. or A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
What is the experience of the instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in PMI methodologies
Do I receive a certificate?
Does the course fee include exams?
The course fee does not include the exam as you need to apply directly to PMI to book and take your exam at a Prometric testing center
How can I pass the exam on the 5th day?
This is achievable if the customer has the required contact hours (35), e.g. taking a previous classroom/online course covering Project Management (PMI Approved) and have applied to PMI to take the exam with PMI on a Friday. On this basis the customer would book the exam to take it on the 5th day, therefore booking the PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp course with The Knowledge Academy who can offer the course on the same week.
How soon do you suggest I should take the exam after doing the course?
We recommend that you should take the exam once you feel you are fully prepared to pass the exam
Will there pre-course work to complete?
Yes, all delegates will be required to do a minimum 5 hours recommended pre course work. This consists of: Reading and studying the first three chapters of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK Guide, 5th Edition namely: Chapter 1 – Introduction Chapter 2 – Organizational Influences and Project Life Cycle Chapter 3 – Project Management Processes
The Knowledge Academy
The Project Management Institute (PMI) sets standards in project management and provides project managers with certification recognized around the world.
This course delivers the knowledge needed to take the PMP exam. It covers the Knowledge Areas, Process Groups, Inputs, Tools/Techniques, and Outputs contained in the PMBOK, as well as a broad spectrum of project management concepts expected of project managers in today’s demanding environments.
During this course, you will need a copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK Guide, 5th Edition (ISBN 978-1935589679), which delegates will need to purchase separately. All delegates MUST BRING the PMBoK to the course.
In addition, you are expected to read pages 1 through 63 before the first day of class. During the four-day class, you should also expect as much as two hours of homework each evening, as determined by the instructor before the end of each day.
The training is delivered by highly experienced project management trainers, with participation by the delegates being integral to the learning process. Delegates will explore project management issues via group discussion.
The syllabus covers a wide breadth of topics, from the essential management tools required to monitor and control a project through to the wider context in which the project is being managed in terms of social and environmental issues, finance, organization, procurement, and people management.
All delegates must have a good understanding of the basic principles of project management.
To apply for the PMP exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- Understand in detail the structure and flow of the PMBOK
- Understand specific content of the PMBOK that is most likely to appear on the PMP examination
- Understand material that is “derived from” or “implied by” the PMBOK known or considered most likely to appear on the PMP exam
- Learn test-taking techniques that will increase the delegate’s chances of passing the exam on the first try
- Pass the PMP Examination.
This course is an intensive 4 day workshop resulting in a certificate for the 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs) required to apply for the PMP exam. Delegates should be advised that they will be required to undertake individual assignments in the form of homework during the course.
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Please fill in your details below and a learning advisor will be in touch to discuss any further questions you may have.
- Guidance with PMP Exam Application Process
- Extensive PMP Practice Test Questions
- Unique PMP Preparation Workbook
- Course Completion Certificate
- 35 PMI Required Contact Hours
- Teas and Coffees
- “Affordable, interesting and lovely crown of PM's. Really enjoyed myself and have now passed my exam too :)”By Michael Adonis (Rating: 4.5 out of 5, 12/09/2012)
- “Really loved the venue and the trainer was awesome. Will definitely recommend the course to friends and colleagues.”By Loise Beckett (Rating: 5 out of 5, 08/21/2012)
- “An intense but thoroughly enjoyable course. I will definitely be booking again with The Knowledge Academy”By Hannah Fry (Rating: 5 out of 5, 08/05/2012)
- “Interesting course materials and a knowledgeable trainer”By Pat Dyer (Project Executive)
- “The service I received from booking the PMP examination was one of a kind; it was the cherry on the cake when I passed!”By Nicole Ellis (Manager)
- “The fact that the tutor was so great was the only guarantee I needed for my pass.”By Samuel Phillips (Project Manager)
We do not currently have a video for this topic
PMP certification is universally accepted and popular
PMP certification and PMP training on the guidelines supplied in the PMBOK released by PMI was little renowned about two years ago. PMI started with the aim of assisting institutions and practitioners in project administration with unanimously acclaimed measures that support best practices and certify the needed know-how in project administration. With the development growing in a fast paced manner, the need of professional project managers who have in depth information through this training for this certification on the latest methods and values in project administration are increasing. INFOSYS is one of the world’s biggest IT services company and is graded high for possessing the most precious and outcome oriented expertise. Their achievement is associated to this training presented by them after evolving as a R.E.P.
The future of professionals in project management having PMP certification is very brilliant where companies will be eager to employ the individuals on showing this certification and also the credentials awarded after accomplishing this training on its course. A salary hike of at least 10% is inevitable once you have this certification and it also increases up your possibilities of going to the peak of the ranks in project management. The candidates are compelled to be successful as far as value and cost effectiveness is concerned. Pursuing PMP course one needs to get access to study materials which are available online. The certification written test materials are really helpful for anybody in passing this certification written test. One has to choose the best study materials, as there are thousands and thousands of materials available online. To find out the components which are the best ones which will save your time as well as teach you properly to be well prepared for this certification written test, you need to seek on some contents which will supply you the best written test components outcomes and augur you in the direction of achievement in this certification.
PMP certification training is fast becoming a much sought after credential easily due to the cause that, most businesses handling multiple projects can only rely on professionals possessing this certification. Project managers, project coordinators and those who are entrusted in managing a project now have the ultimate answer to problems related to project administration on getting this certification. PMP course and PMP training are based on training professionals on project management with information that are resourceful data, abilities on submission of methodologies and a framework of solutions and on other areas of project administration to endow them to handle the project competently, efficiently, cost effectively and timely.
Having access to authorized documents of PMI like experiment inquiries, handbook, expert conduct and code of ethics and FAQs, which are invaluable causes, will help you to understand thoroughly about PMP certification. Those having this certification can gaze ahead in the direction of bright career prospects with high profile jobs evolving likely inside your come to. The growing demand for project managers retaining this certification has completely altered the scenario in the area of project management.
This post was written by: Susan Roy