The Knowledge Academy
The Project Management Institute (PMI)® sets standards in project management and provides project managers with certification recognized around the world.
This course delivers the knowledge needed to take the PMP® exam. It covers the Knowledge Areas, Process Groups, Inputs, Tools/Techniques, and Outputs contained in the PMBOK® Guide, as well as a broad spectrum of project management concepts expected of project managers in today’s demanding environments.
During this course, you will need a copy of Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013 (ISBN 978-1935589679), which delegates will need to purchase separately. All delegates MUST BRING this to the course.
In addition, you are expected to read pages 1 through 63 before the first day of class. During the four-day class, you should also expect as much as two hours of homework each evening, as determined by the instructor before the end of each day.
The training is delivered by highly experienced project management trainers, with participation by the delegates being integral to the learning process. Delegates will explore project management issues via group discussion.
The syllabus covers a wide breadth of topics, from the essential management tools required to monitor and control a project through to the wider context in which the project is being managed in terms of social and environmental issues, finance, organization, procurement, and people management.
- All delegates must have a good understanding of the basic principles of project management.
- To apply for the PMP® exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- Understand in detail the structure and flow of the PMBOK® Guide
- Understand specific content of the PMBOK® Guide that is most likely to appear on the PMP® examination
- Understand material that is “derived from” or “implied by” the PMBOK® Guide known or considered most likely to appear on the PMP exam
- Learn test-taking techniques that will increase the delegate’s chances of passing the exam on the first try
- Pass the PMP® Examination.
This course is an intensive 4-day workshop resulting in a certificate for the 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs) required to apply for the PMP® exam. Delegates should be advised that they will be required to undertake individual assignments in the form of homework during the course.
Continual Certification Requirements as stated by PMI (Project Management Institute)
- 60 PDUs over a three-year cycle
- As of 1st December 2015, PDUs can come from:
- Education, at least 35 PDUs across
- Technical (at least 8)
- Leadership (at least 8)
- Strategic and Business Management (at least 8)
- Giving Back, no more than 25 PDUs
- Creating Knowledge
- Working as a Professional (no more than 8)
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute., Inc.
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example, JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Please fill in your details below and a learning advisor will be in touch to discuss any further questions you may have.
We are live!
Our new website has been launched.
You may notice that the appearance and layout of the website is different – The Knowledge Academy has a colourful new theme. We’ve incorporated a new font and have selected colours that complement each other, ensuring that you will be able to enjoy reading easier than before.
We’ve made our website more user-friendly by including our most common searches and courses at the top of the home page, allowing you to find them more easily and efficiently.
We are mobile! You can view our website via any device, whether it be a; laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone. See for yourself; open up our website on your phone – its sleek design allows you to glide through any part of the website with ease. Everything is straight to the point and easy to navigate; with its new design, you can find and search for what you need in a matter of seconds. All of our courses are divided into different headings, a new feature allows you to hover your cursor over a sub-heading of your choice and view it before you’ve entered it. Any key, important information you should know, greets you on our homepage.
We have provided you with “widgets” containing facts about the courses.
- The amount of people who have already taken the course
- Whether the course has "The Knowledge Academy Best Price Guarantee"
- Logos of the Accreditors associated to the course
- How many are currently looking at the same course as you
- Any downloadable related content available
- View course availability if wanting to book with us
We have a dedicated section containing recent reviews made by our delegates. Reviewing our courses has been made easier. With our user-friendly website, you can scroll through them after clicking on “Trustpilot review(s)” to read their opinion. If you’re into your social networking, then our Facebook page is widget is located just on the right of the page, awaiting your “like”.
You’ll find additional information on our blog page. We like to keep you up-to-date with all the latest news. You will also find promotional material about our courses. You are able to share with your friends and family any of the blog posts you enjoy. We are on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
Welcome to the new website.