Press esc to close
Press esc to close
Fill out your contact details below and our training experts will be in touch.
If you wish to make any changes to your course, please log a ticket and choose the category ‘booking change’
Back to Course Information
We ensure quality, budget-alignment, and timely delivery by our expert instructors.
Lean Six Sigma is a methodology that uses data collection and analysis to improve processes and performance in a project. Six Sigma Lean process is implemented across industries today, including construction, IT, finance, manufacturing, back office, mining, design, and even consulting, among many others. In the construction industry, Six Sigma Lean process is employed to streamline project workflows, minimise delays, and optimise resource utilisation. IT professionals use the methodology to enhance software development processes, reduce defects, and improve overall system performance. In finance, Lean Six Sigma aids in the optimisation of financial processes, leading to cost reduction and increased accuracy in financial reporting.
This methodology uses a systematic approach towards identifying and eliminating any errors or defects in the process, thereby removing anything that does not contribute to the project's success. Projects Managers use Lean Six Sigma methodology to ensure the delivery of high-quality projects for maximum client satisfaction. You will also learn about how to get certified in lean six sigma. Read more to learn more!
Table of Contents
1) First of all – What is Lean Six Sigma Black Belt?
2) Who are Lean Six Sigma Black Belts?
3) What do Lean Six Sigma Black Belts Require?
4) Who can Benefit from Gaining Black Belt?
5) What are the Benefits of Taking up the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt?
6) How much is the Salary of Lean Six Sigma Black Belts?
If you want to add a Lean Six Sigma certification to your resume, register for our Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt today!
Lean Six Sigma provides organisations with a methodology for problem-solving in their businesses. Black Belt gives a person a thorough understanding of the entire Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge. The Black Belt certificate's objective is to equip individuals with the skills necessary to adopt a Black Belt role within an organisation and ultimately function as a change agent to raise client satisfaction and boost productivity. The best of these is the leadership and management skills you gain which will be tested when you interview for a black belt position in a company.
Lean Six Sigma professionals are in demand across industries worldwide. Black belts serve as the decision makers of projects in an organisation. Training for the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from an accredited institute will give you a competitive edge over other non-certified professionals applying for a job. This training will help you learn Lean Six Sigma methodology, its principles and theories in detail. You will also get hands-on experience with the tools and techniques used in this methodology. Additionally, it offers practical guidance on enhancing project processes through detecting and eliminating errors in processes. The Six Sigma Career Path not only offers financial rewards but also provides a sense of accomplishment as professionals contribute significantly to organisational success.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belts are also known as the ‘change agents’ of an organisation. They are well-versed in Lean Six Sigma theories, principles, supporting systems, tools, and techniques. They are responsible for guiding the green belts working on the project. Black Belts are supported by Master Black belts and serve as the decision-makers on the project along with master black belts. They are expected to be a strong leader, understand team dynamics, and be able to assign roles and responsibilities to the team members under them.
These individuals often complete a higher level of Lean Six Sigma training and have experience working on Black Belt Level Projects. They have skills in handling cross-functional projects and addressing complex business problems. Black belts understand all aspects of the Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control (DMAIC) model following the Lean Six Sigma principles. They also have complete knowledge of lean enterprise concepts and skills to identify errors and take corrective actions quickly.
Begin your career in quality improvement today by signing up for the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt!
Here we will go through a few qualities you should possess if you are thinking of taking up the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. Evaluate yourself after reading each of these pointers:
1) You should possess a passion for problem-solving. You should have a positive attitude and be self-motivated, as black belt professionals often engage in complex problem-solving.
2) You should have excellent communication skills. A black belt professional has to communicate regularly with a wider audience including operators to top executives. They also have to communicate as mentors and trainers to the green belts and Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belts on a day-to-day basis.
3) You should be open to criticism and have the ability to adapt change. As a black belt, you will have to take regular feedback from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on a particular process and implement change accordingly.
4) You should know that the ultimate goal is customer satisfaction. Although customers may not understand Lean Six Sigma, it is your responsibility to understand their requirements. Customers come first, as understanding what they need is key to quality improvement in a process.
5) It’s a must that you are a team player. As black belts, you will have to guide, work with and lead the team. You need to be aware of team formation dynamics – storming, norming and performing.
6) You should have the skills to link projects with desired business results. You have an understanding of business acumen and overall business knowledge.
7) You should have the ability to act as a change agent. As change agents help to achieve positive change within the organisation.
8) You should have the skills to manage multiple projects ensuring the project scope, requirements and resources.
9) You should know project management concepts thoroughly and have work experience in managing projects
10) You should know how to collect, process and analyse data. This is one of the most crucial skills required for quality improvement job roles.
Want to understand Total Quality Management better? Join ISO 10002 Quality Management Training course today!
Professionals who have more than two years of experience in process improvement can derive huge benefits from obtaining Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. These professionals are:
1) Anyone interested in significantly boosting an organization's financial and overall business performance
2) Anyone who wishes to lead the quality and Lean initiatives in a Lean Six Sigma organisation
3) Anyone who wishes to develop domain-neutral skills
4) Anyone who has completed a lean six sigma green belt and wants to advance his career can significantly boost his prospects by pursuing further expertise in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
5) Anyone who wants to approach solving business challenges in a systematic way
6) Anyone from a process improvement career background
7) Anyone who wants to take their Lean Six Sigma expertise to an advanced level
You will be a great asset to a business when you learn Lean Six Sigma methodologies, as you can apply them to improve the business processes and increase the overall business performance. The other benefits are:
1) As a black belt, you will get opportunities to work in higher positions, which will improve your leadership skills.
2) You will gain one of the most sought-after certifications around the world, which will in turn get you huge opportunities.
3) You will benefit an organisation by reducing costs, increasing revenue and streamlining business processes. All of this brings the company growth and profitability making you a valuable asset.
4) You will become a master of core black belt tools and techniques and you will get a chance how to take on new challenges.
5) You will get an in-depth understanding of DMAIC steps and how to improve them.
6) You will be required to oversee group projects as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and to do this you will need to communicate clearly. You will learn a lot about how to interact with your team members efficiently during a project.
7) You will get exposure to building customer relations. Customers turn to you when they have an issue and hence it's your responsibility to handle their requirements efficiently.
8) It will help you develop decision-making abilities.
9) You will become an excellent Project manager, as the skills of a black belt will teach you how to communicate the requirements of management to the project team. You will have to bring the best out of your project team.
10) You will improve your data analysis and programming skills to a great extent which will help you deal efficiently with common programming tasks in your career.
11) You will be able to deliver saucerful high-impact projects, that will add much value to your portfolio for professional growth.
12) You will be able to manage process practices, improve business performance, and produce innovative ways to increase market share and value as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt professional.
Register in our Six Sigma Training to excel in your career in Quality assurance!
Lean Six Sigma Black Belts are in high global demand for quality improvement job roles. According to payscale, the average annual salary of a Black Belt professional is £48,000. You must remember that the income will vary from one professional to another based on their educational achievement, place of work and years of experience as a process improvement professional.
Salaries based on various Lean Six Sigma Black Belt job roles according to payscale are:
1) Project Manager - £26,000 to £63,000
2) Operations Manager - £24,000 to £56,000
3) Project Manager in Construction - £28,000 to £69,000
4) Project Manager in Information Technology (IT) - £27,000 to £71,000
5) Operations Director - £37,000 to £97,000
6) Project Engineer - £24,000 to £48,000
If you have come all the way here, we are sure you have the information you need to decide if you want to pursue the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and accomplish the Black belt certification. Ask us in the comments below if you have any doubts or questions related to the black belt.
Register for our Lean Six Sigma Training to advance your career in Process improvement!
Mon 11th Dec 2023
Mon 18th Dec 2023
Tue 2nd Jan 2024
Mon 8th Jan 2024
Sat 13th Jan 2024, Sun 14th Jan 2024
Mon 15th Jan 2024
Mon 22nd Jan 2024
Mon 29th Jan 2024
Mon 5th Feb 2024
Mon 12th Feb 2024
Sat 17th Feb 2024, Sun 18th Feb 2024
Mon 19th Feb 2024
Mon 26th Feb 2024
Mon 4th Mar 2024
Mon 11th Mar 2024
Sat 16th Mar 2024, Sun 17th Mar 2024
Mon 18th Mar 2024
Mon 25th Mar 2024
Tue 2nd Apr 2024
Mon 8th Apr 2024
Mon 15th Apr 2024
Sat 20th Apr 2024, Sun 21st Apr 2024
Mon 22nd Apr 2024
Mon 29th Apr 2024
Tue 7th May 2024
Mon 13th May 2024
Sat 18th May 2024, Sun 19th May 2024
Mon 20th May 2024
Tue 28th May 2024
Mon 3rd Jun 2024
Mon 10th Jun 2024
Mon 17th Jun 2024
Sat 22nd Jun 2024, Sun 23rd Jun 2024
Mon 24th Jun 2024
Mon 1st Jul 2024
Mon 8th Jul 2024
Mon 15th Jul 2024
Sat 20th Jul 2024, Sun 21st Jul 2024
Mon 22nd Jul 2024
Mon 29th Jul 2024
Mon 5th Aug 2024
Mon 12th Aug 2024
Sat 17th Aug 2024, Sun 18th Aug 2024
Mon 19th Aug 2024
Tue 27th Aug 2024
Mon 2nd Sep 2024
Mon 9th Sep 2024
Sat 14th Sep 2024, Sun 15th Sep 2024
Mon 16th Sep 2024
Mon 23rd Sep 2024
Mon 30th Sep 2024
Mon 7th Oct 2024
Sat 12th Oct 2024, Sun 13th Oct 2024
Mon 14th Oct 2024
Mon 21st Oct 2024
Mon 28th Oct 2024
Mon 4th Nov 2024
Sat 9th Nov 2024, Sun 10th Nov 2024
Mon 11th Nov 2024
Mon 18th Nov 2024
Mon 25th Nov 2024
Mon 2nd Dec 2024
Sat 7th Dec 2024, Sun 8th Dec 2024
Mon 9th Dec 2024
Mon 16th Dec 2024