There hasn't been any questions asked about this course
The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Training day course covers the following topics:
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® course materials and trainers are accredited by APM Group Ltd. ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by APM Group Ltd. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and AMP Group Ltd. to ensure that their knowledge of Project Management and PRINCE2® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2®courses materials are based on the 2009 edition of, “Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2®,” and include examinations based on this manual.
The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the PRINCE2® training environment.
Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
- 1) Reading 3 chapters of the PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®”
- 2) Pre-course workbook to be completed by the Delegate and handed to Trainer at the start of course.
- 3) 70 multiple choice Questions to test your PRINCE2® with detailed answers
The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 15 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 5 day course that includes the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before attempting to complete the Practitioner examination.
- A 75 question multiple choice examination with a pass mark of 35 out of 70. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a prerequisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
PRINCE2®: 2009 Practitioner Exam Format Change effective 1st Jan 2013
- A 80 question Objective Test Examination with a pass mark of 44 out of 80 (55%). Success in this examination indicates that the candidate could apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. This is the top level of PRINCE2® qualification.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the PRINCE2® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
- Principles of PRINCE2®
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting up a Project Process
- Directing a Project Process
- Initiating a Project Process
- Controlling a Stage Process
- Managing Product Delivery Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- Closing a Project Process
- Tailoring PRINCE2® to the project environment
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
- The official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® course manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
The PRINCE2 Approach
PRINCE2 has gained popularity and success over the past few years, with hundreds of training providers teaching the course every day of the week. However, there are a few aspects of the PRINCE2 approach which many delegates call in confused about.
Well, The Knowledge Academy will shed some light on that…
In order for a project, of any size to succeed then organisation is essential. Without organisation, the project WILL fail. Therefore in order to be a successful project manager using PRINCE2 you must learn or know how to negotiate, communicate and work alongside every individual involved in the project itself. Moreover, if PRINCE2 is used appropriately then it will be clear what each part of the management team is doing, what their function is and how they should spend their time (yes, PRINCE2 really is that organised!).
The PRINCE2 approach spends a great deal of time looking at the programme management level of the project. The programme management level is very separate to the project management team as this involves commissioning the actual project in hand and identifying any problems which could occur. This side also manages the costs and time taken to complete the project.
PRINCE2 also looks at the directing level – this is also known as ‘the board’ that are directly responsible for the direction of the project and ultimately the success or indeed failure of the project in hand. This team will be made up of executives and senior users.
By PRINCE2 looking at both the programme management level and the directing level, it demonstrates the importance of both departments to project management. PRINCE2 has the ability to demonstrate the importance of authority within a project; every successful project teams a team of individuals who are willing to make those awful decisions in order to gain success.
The PRINCE2 project management approach does not look at micro management; it does not overlook any part of management within an organisation. It is built by and for project managers who want to succeed. This is why The Knowledge Academy provides PRINCE2 Training around the world; because it works. It is a proven method to success.
The PRINCE2 approach is part of the 21st century.