Are you approved and what is your R.E.P provider number?
Yes, The Knowledge Academy has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI® ). Our R.E.P. Provider ID number is 3444
What is the experience of the instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructor are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in PMI methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
5 days of classroom training, 35 PMI required contact hours. Guidance with PMP® exam application process & support to maintain PDUs and extensive PMP® practice test questions with unique PMP® prep workbook
Does the course include exams?
No, you will have to apply directly to PMI to book and take your exam
Are there any pre-requisites for the PMP® Certification examination?
To apply for the PMP® exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education. or A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
What is the Exam Pass Guarantee?
Our exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your PMP® exam. We guarantee that you will pass your PMP® exam after completing our PMP® Class. All we require is for you to take the exam within 30 days of completing the class. Attend all class days and complete all class assignments, including your PMP® practice exams. If you do not pass the exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the class again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt, you will be eligible to enrol in the class again, free of charge. PMP® examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
Do I receive a certificate?
What is PMP® Certification?
Project Managers or those who are involved in projects and would like to use a generic process within Project Management should obtain the Project Management Institutes (PMI) globally recognised PMP® Certification. By achieving this you will be able perform to the high level of leading and directing projects as you are in sole charge of the project. The knowledge and understanding gained by attending The Knowledge Academy’s PMP® certified course will also make you more marketable than other Project Managers resulting in a higher salary.
What are the benefits of PMP® Training?
Attending a PMP® course with The Knowledge Academy can lead to many things. Taking the certified PMP® Training course will instantly put you in the frame for working on that all important Project or being able to apply for the senior job role(s) over those who have yet to obtain the PMP® credential, therefore increasing that level of confidence that you will gain. By holding the globally recognised PMP® certification, this will show future clients that not only do you have the knowledge but you’re also able to demonstrate your ability in managing projects and that you’re able to meet the standard requirements for the certification. This alone will help you to experience a boost to your salary expectations having taken the PMP® Training course.
The Knowledge Academy
The Project Management Institute (PMI) sets standards in project management and provides project managers with certification recognized around the world.
This course delivers the knowledge needed to take the PMP® exam. It covers the Knowledge Areas, Process Groups, Inputs, Tools/Techniques, and Outputs contained in the PMBOK®, as well as a broad spectrum of project management concepts expected of project managers in today’s demanding environments.
During this course, you will need a copy of Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013 (ISBN 978-1935589679), which delegates will need to purchase separately. All delegates MUST BRING this to the course.
In addition, you are expected to read pages 1 through 63 before the first day of class. During the five-day class, you should also expect as much as two hours of homework each evening, as determined by the instructor before the end of each day.
The training is delivered by highly experienced project management trainers, with participation by the delegates being integral to the learning process. Delegates will explore project management issues via group discussion.
The syllabus covers a wide breadth of topics, from the essential management tools required to monitor and control a project through to the wider context in which the project is being managed in terms of social and environmental issues, finance, organization, procurement, and people management.
All delegates must have a good understanding of the basic principles of project management.
To apply for the PMP®; exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- Understand in detail the structure and flow of the PMBOK® Guide
- Understand specific content of the PMBOK®; Guide that is most likely to appear on the PMP®; examination
- Understand material that is “derived from” or “implied by” the PMBOK® Guide known or considered most likely to appear on the PMP®; exam
- Learn test-taking techniques that will increase the delegate’s chances of passing the exam on the first try
- Pass the PMP®; Examination.
This course is an intensive 5 day workshop resulting in a certificate for the 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs) required to apply for the PMP®; exam. Delegates should be advised that they will be required to undertake individual assignments in the form of homework during the course.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute., Inc.
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Please fill in your details below and a learning advisor will be in touch to discuss any further questions you may have.
- Guidance with PMP® Exam Application Process
- Extensive PMP® Practice Test Questions
- Unique PMP® Preparation Workbook
- Course Completion Certificate
- 35 PMI Required Contact Hours
- “The PMP training course was fun and interesting. The trainer was a great teacher and explained everything clearly. I am really happy with my decision to train with The Knowledge Academy.”By Jenny Foster (Manager) from London
- “Well structured, with good materials, I would definitely recommend this course.”By Emilio Lyons (Project Manager) from Birmingham
- “Well thought out and structured training by a trainer who knew his stuff inside out.”By Dianna Jones (Project Assistant) from London
- “Steve's tuition throughout the course was excellent and he was able to provide examples and stories to help us visualise the project and the processes. His guidance through the difficult topics meant that I left understanding all areas with a clear view on those that I need to practice further. Great course material and excellent tutor.”By Oli Turnbull (Dell Systems) from London
- “Very good course”By Liam Allison (Project Manager) from London
- “I have been on many courses, but Carol at TKA is the best trainer I have ever come across. Not only did she make the subject interesting through her extensive professional knowledge, enthusiasm for the methodology, and her up-beat presenting style, but she explained everything perfectly. And short of sitting the exam for us, she couldn't have prepared us better! A really excellent course which I will highly recommend.”By Perry Davis (Project Executive) from Sunderland
- “Very high quality material and excellent trainer. I'm very satisfied.”By Penny Bishop (Project Executive) from London
- “My trainer was fantastic and kept me engaged in the learning process throughout the week, Previously, I have struggled with class room learning and therefore even more impressed with the trainer.”By Nadeem Huq (Project Executive) from London
We do not currently have a video for this topic
Classroom Based Training
Whilst online base training has many advantages there are also several hindrances to taking this approach. The most common being the lack of direct and immediate access to an instructor. Should you find yourself unable to progress or need clarification on an aspect of your course you would have to start an email correspondence and wait for a reply. This can be incredibly interrupting to your learning, especially if you find yourself motivated, enthusiastic and raring to go only to find yourself sitting around hoping for a swift response from your instructor.
Consequently, this is the biggest advantage to classroom training. In a classroom environment there is an element of teamwork and interaction that online teaching cannot replicate. The fact that there are others around you in the same situation can be a fantastic motivator, giving you instant access to the instructor and the opportunity to take part in debates and discussions about your course, reinforcing what you are learning along the way.
Unfortunately these advantages can pass by some students. It can sometimes be difficult for an instructor to recognise and engage some people, especially those that may be shy or introverted. Those who are more vocal can dominate discussions and potentially drown out the quieter members of a classroom, partly negating the advantages of the social aspect of classroom learning.
The biggest difference between the two, and the main reason that online courses have received a boom in popularity is that unlike classroom training, online courses can reach hundreds to even thousands more people at once in a swift and effective manner. This method ensures consistency in the course content, and for the companies training, a steady stream of data that helps them ascertain what is and isn’t working in their courses, helping them to develop, adapt, and provide a better service moving forward.
Ultimately, the decision of which approach to choose is entirely down to the customer. If you think that you have the desire and motivation to milk every last drop of learning possible from an online course, then it may just be the best approach for you.
However, if you prefer a social aspect to your learning and the possibility to bounce ideas off others in the same position as you, as well as instant and constructive advice from a tutor, perhaps a classroom based approach is the optimal route.
Fortunately at The Knowledge Academy we offer expert training in both approaches to learning. We have an efficient customer service department we do our best to ensure that you get the best result possible from whatever course you decide to take. When all is said and done, our priority is that you receive first-rate training that enables you to move forward better prepared and in a far better position than which you first contacted us in.