Are you approved and what is your R.E.P provider number?
Yes, The Knowledge Academy has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Our R.E.P. Provider ID number is 3444
What is the experience of the instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructor are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in PMI methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
5 days of classroom training, 35 PMI required contact hours. Guidance with PMP exam application process & support to maintain PDUs and extensive PMP practice test questions with unique PMP prep workbook
Does the course include exams?
No, you will have to apply directly to PMI to book and take your exam
Are there any pre-requisites for the PMP Certification examination?
To apply for the PMP exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education. or A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
What is the Exam Pass Guarantee?
Our exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your PMP exam. We guarantee that you will pass your PMP exam after completing our PMP Class. All we require is for you to take the exam within 30 days of completing the class. Attend all class days and complete all class assignments, including your PMP practice exams. If you do not pass the exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the class again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt, you will be eligible to enrol in the class again, free of charge. PMP examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
Do I receive a certificate?
What is PMP Certification?
Project Managers or those who are involved in projects and would like to use a generic proACcess within Project Management should obtain the Project Management Institutes (PMI) globally recognised PMP Certification. By achieving this you will be able perform to the high level of leading and directing projects as you are in sole charge of the project. The knowledge and understanding gained by attending The Knowledge Academy’s PMP certified course will also make you more marketable than other Project Managers resulting in a higher salary.
What are the benefits of PMP Training?
Attending a PMP course with The Knowledge Academy can lead to many things. Taking the certified PMP Training course will instantly put you in the frame for working on that all important Project or being able to apply for the senior job role(s) over those who have yet to obtain the PMP credential, therefore increasing that level of confidence that you will gain. By holding the globally recognised PMP certification, this will show future clients that not only do you have the knowledge but you’re also able to demonstrate your ability in managing projects and that you’re able to meet the standard requirements for the certification. This alone will help you to experience a boost to your salary expectations having taken the PMP Training course.
The Knowledge Academy
The Project Management Institute (PMI) sets standards in project management and provides project managers with certification recognised around the world.
This course delivers the knowledge needed to take the PMP exam. It covers the Knowledge Areas, Process Groups, Inputs, Tools/Techniques, and Outputs contained in the PMBOK, as well as a broad spectrum of project management concepts expected of project managers in today’s demanding environments.
During this course, you will need a copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK Guide, 5th Edition (ISBN 978-1935589679), which delegates will need to purchase separately. All delegates MUST BRING the PMBoK to the course.
In addition, you are expected to read pages 1 through 63 before the first day of class. During the five-day class, you should also expect as much as two hours of homework each evening, as determined by the instructor before the end of each day.
The training is delivered by highly experienced project management trainers, with participation by the delegates being integral to the learning process. Delegates will explore project management issues via group discussion.
The syllabus covers a wide breadth of topics, from the essential management tools required to monitor and control a project through to the wider context in which the project is being managed in terms of social and environmental issues, finance, organisation, procurement, and people management.
All delegates must have a good understanding of the basic principles of project management.
To apply for the PMP exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- Understand in detail the structure and flow of the PMBOK
- Understand specific content of the PMBOK that is most likely to appear on the PMP examination
- Understand material that is “derived from” or “implied by” the PMBOK known or considered most likely to appear on the PMP exam
- Learn test-taking techniques that will increase the delegate’s chances of passing the exam on the first try
- Pass the PMP Examination.
This course is an intensive 5 day workshop resulting in a certificate for the 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs) required to apply for the PMP exam. Delegates should be advised that they will be required to undertake individual assignments in the form of homework during the course.
- Guidance with PMP Exam Application Process
- Extensive PMP Practice Test Questions
- Unique PMP Preparation Workbook
- Course Completion Certificate
- 35 PMI Required Contact Hours
- “Well structured, with good materials, I would definitely recommend this course.”By Emilio Lyons (Project Manager) from Birmingham
- “Well thought out and structured training by a trainer who knew his stuff inside out.”By Dianna Jones (Project Assistant) from London
- “Steve's tuition throughout the course was excellent and he was able to provide examples and stories to help us visualise the project and the processes. His guidance through the difficult topics meant that I left understanding all areas with a clear view on those that I need to practice further. Great course material and excellent tutor.”By Oli Turnbull (Dell Systems) from London
- “Very good course”By Liam Allison (Project Manager) from London
- “I have been on many courses, but Carol at TKA is the best trainer I have ever come across. Not only did she make the subject interesting through her extensive professional knowledge, enthusiasm for the methodology, and her up-beat presenting style, but she explained everything perfectly. And short of sitting the exam for us, she couldn't have prepared us better! A really excellent course which I will highly recommend.”By Perry Davis (Project Executive) from Sunderland
- “Very high quality material and excellent trainer. I'm very satisfied.”By Penny Bishop (Project Executive) from London
- “My trainer was fantastic and kept me engaged in the learning process throughout the week, Previously, I have struggled with class room learning and therefore even more impressed with the trainer.”By Nadeem Huq (Project Executive) from London
We do not currently have a video for this topic