Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by BCS
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our trainers are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in M_o_R methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, the official Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners manual, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes the both the M_o_R Foundation and Practitioner exams
Are there any prerequisites for the M_o_R examinations?
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation examination, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before completing the Practitioner examination
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is multiple choice and the M_o_R Practitioner exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What is Risk Management Training?
In today’s highly volatile business environment, key stake holders in respective organisations are looking for individuals with Risk Management experience. The industry is searching for highly qualified Risk Management specialists who can support their organisations by minimising the impact of today’s volatile business conditions. M_o_R training is the most sought after qualification for anyone looking to demonstrate experience in Risk Management. The Knowledge Academy’s M_o_R training course is accredited by APMG Group and certified by the Cabinet Office. The M_o_R Foundation & Practitioner course will enable you to display a sound understanding of Risk Management.
The Knowledge Academy
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® course materials and trainers are accredited by BCS, ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by BCS. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and BCS, to ensure that their knowledge of risk Management and M_o_R® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® courses materials are based on the 2011 edition of, “Management of risk: guidance for practitioners,” and include practice examinations based on this manual.
M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner Training (including examinations)
The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the M_o_R® training environment and to introduce delegates to the M_o_R® framework and how this can be implemented in the work place.
Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
1) Reading 4 chapters of the M_o_R® manual, “Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners”.
2) Pre course questions to be completed by the Delegate.
3) 30 multiple choice Questions to test your M_o_R® with answers.
The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 8 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 3 or 5 day course that includes the M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner (if completing the full 5 day event) examinations are included within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed.
A 75 question multiple choice examination including 5 trial questions, exam time 1 hour with a pass mark of 35 out of 70 (50% pass mark).. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a risk management team using the M_o_R framework within an organisational objective supporting risk management. Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a pre-requisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
An Objective Test Examination comprising of 4 questions of 20 marks each, exam time 3 hours with a pass mark of 40 out of 80 (50% pass mark). Success in this examination indicates that the candidate understands and could apply the M_o_R® framework into the everyday running and management of an organisational objective, whilst also appreciating the benefits that M_o_R® can support. This examination is the top level BCS offers in M_o_R®. Please note M_o_R® Practitioner status should be Re-Registered every 3 to 5 years via the M_o_R® Re-Registration examination in order to keep your qualification up to date.
The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the M_o_R® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the M_o_R® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
Introduction to M_o_R® concepts and definitions
What is risk?
What is risk management?
Corporate governance approach and internal control
Principles of M_o_R®
Overview of the 8 principles used in M_o_R®
Management of risk approach
Introduction to the core management documents used in M_o_R®
The risk management process – including the various techniques
Embedding and reviewing M_o_R®
Including health checking and maturity model
Health and safety
- Official Management of Risk; Guidance for Practitioners OGC Manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “Perfect! Top trainer, top course, top service. Thank you TKA.”By Simon Hawkes (Manager) from London
- “Great service by The Knowledge Academy, the course was well put-together with very high standard of teaching.”By Rupert Stone (Analyst) from London
- “A very useful course and an enjoyable few days of learning.”By Lucy Powell (Risk Manager) from Southampton
- “I can't thank TKA enough for their services. The M_o_R course was interesting and a great asset for my future.”By Mohammed Isaac (Risk Assessment Manager) from Nottingham
- “I attended the M_o_R course in Birmingham and I wanted to formally express my thanks. The instructor displayed a wealth of knowledge and imparted it onto the group in such an enthusiastic way that his passion for the subject was extremely infectious. I have been on previous 5 day courses where they can get a bit tiresome towards the end and my attention can waiver, however this was far from the case on this course. Based on this experience with the Knowledge Academy I will definitely recommend you to friends and colleagues.”By Jennifer Thomas (Risk Manager) from Birmingham
- “This course was well taught with excellent support materials. It demands hard work, but the trainer was excellent at keeping up the pace while ensuring no one of us was ever left behind”By Malcolm Ribbens (Risk Assessment Manager) from Birmingham
- “I was very impressed with the quality and depth of the training I received from the Knowledge Academy. The training was geared to obtaining a pass grade focusing on key syllabus areas and the advice on what notes to make in the manual was also extremely beneficial. Thank you!”By Gethin Taylor (Risk Assessment Manager) from Manchester
We do not currently have a video for this topic
Modern Practices With M_o_R
MOR course is for everyone with a professional interest in modern risk management. In addition to introducing basic theory and principles, the course provides attendees with an understanding of the universal risk management issues facing organisations today, both in the public and private sectors.
In today’s world, public and private organisations must be able to express to stakeholders that they are effectively assessing and addressing risks in a structured and complete way. Therefore, high expectations of critical awareness, qualified judgment, and ability to act in order to achieve goals must be met.
MOR courses have evolved rapidly over the past decade, and today are poised to take further, dramatic steps forward. In the coming years, citizens, regulators, courts, legislative bodies, investors and auditors around the world will expect or require public and private organisations to adopt contemporary practices within the field of risk management.
By being able to recognize potential threats and risks you can minimize or eradicate impact and loss through planning, which bolsters confidence and enhances your organization’s resilience.
MOR training helps discover complete and practical training that focuses your business on information security and governance risk strategy
MOR courses are planned management practices that seek to assess and address all organisational risks in a manner reliable with overall organisational goals and purposes.
Owing to the rate of change in the profession, risk management educational programmes have been hard-pressed to keep rapidity. Indeed, a common complaint is that existing training opportunities explain risk management in out-dated terms (either as insurance-buying and safety engineering, or as a purely financial risk management activity). Consequently, the demand for modern risk management training is high – and growing rapidly.
• The MOR course certificate in Risk management is planned as a flexible online course based on self-study and self-testing.
• The course provides a comprehensive and comprehensible introduction to Management of Risk (MOR). It familiarises attendees with vital terms and concepts, as well as relevant practical tools and strategies for implementing MOR.
The primary purpose of the MOR course is to provide attendees with a basic-but-thorough introduction to the subject of risk management. This introduction is anchored in theory and principles, but is directed toward pragmatic knowledge and application.
Since the course follows the principles of MOR, attendees study about the included management of risks ranging from fires and law suits, to investment, underwriting and price volatility, to political and social instability, to psychological perceptions and cultural values – but all presented at an introductory level.
The objectives of MOR course are oriented toward two outcomes: to provide attendees with the ability to integrate risk management into their understanding of general business principles, and to incorporate risk management into their own organisation’s operations.
The knowledge academy services are designed to align with the steps individual clients need to take to understand what best practice is, how to achieve it and ensure that it remains an ongoing habit.