What are the pre-requisites?
Delegates attending this course should have system administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
Who is this course for?
System administrators, Systems engineers and Operators responsible for ESXi and vCenter Server.
What do you provide me on the course?
The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book, Manual, Certificate, Experienced Instructor, Refreshments
What I learn from attending the course?
Some course objectives: Install and configure ESXi, Install and configure vCenter Server components, Use vCenter Server to configure and manage ESXi networking and storage, Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive for 08:45am
What is the course duration?
Our course is 5 days in duration
Are there any follow on courses?
We would recommend VMware vSphere : Design Workshop, VMware View Install, Configure & Manage & VMware vSphere Optimize & Scale
The Knowledge Academy
Introductions and course logistics
Introduction to VMware Virtualization
Introduce virtualization, virtual machines, and vSphere components
Explain the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization
Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture
Install and use vSphere user interfaces
Introduce virtual machines, virtual machine hardware, and virtual machine files
Deploy a single virtual machine and virtual machine appliance
VMware vCenter Server
Identify vCenter Server and database requirements
Describe vCenter Server architecture
Deploy a vCenter Server appliance
View and create vCenter Server inventory objects
Configure and Manage Virtual Networks
Describe, create, and manage a standard virtual switch
Describe and modify standard virtual switch properties
Configure and Manage vSphere Storage
Configure ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage
Create and manage vSphere datastores
Configure, deploy, and manage the VMware Virtual Storage Appliance
Virtual Machine Management
Deploy virtual machines using templates, cloning, and VMware vCenter Converter™
Modify and manage virtual machines
Perform VMware vMotion® and Storage vMotion migrations
Access and Authentication Control
Control user access through roles and permission
Configure and manage the ESXi firewall
Integrate ESXi with Active Directory
Introduce vShield Zones
Resource Management and Monitoring
Control virtual machine access to CPU, memory, and I/O resources
Introduce VMkernel methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage
Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms
Discuss strategies for backing up ESXi hosts
Introduce the backup/recovery APIs
Discuss strategies for backing up virtual machines
High Availability and Fault Tolerance
Configure and manage a VMware High Availability (HA) cluster
Configure fault-tolerant virtual machines using VMware Fault Tolerance
Configure and manage a VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) cluster
Configuring Enhanced vMotion Compatibility
Using VMware HA and DRS together
Manage ESXi patching and patch compliance using vCenter Update Manager
Installing VMware vSphere 5 Components
Introduce ESXi Installable installation
Introduce vCenter Server installation
Additional vCenter Server module installation
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Experienced Instructor
- “This course was everything I could have hoped for and more. The instructor was informative and happy to answer any queries, this was mainly due to the small classroom sizes which everyone appreciated. Top marks TKA!”By Kirath Ahdan (Rating: 5 out of 5, 02/05/2013) from Birmingham
- “The trainer made the course very interesting and easy to follow, they obviously knew what they were talking about. I feel very satisfied since completing this course and will definitely be booking the next course with TKA.”By Victoria Stroud (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 25/04/2013) from London
- “Fantastic course, fantastic trainer and a fantastic service. I couldn't have asked for anything more from The Knowledge Academy, I would highly recommend using them to anyone.”By Samuel Jenkins (Rating: 5 out of 5, 21/02/2013) from Nottingham
- “This course was highly interesting and the trainer was engaging throughout, the two days of the course flew by! Good stuff TKA, thank you!”By Tammy Lane (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 02/04/2013) from Reading
- “I was very impressed with the support and professionalism of the trainer throughout this course. They delivered the course clearly and in an easy-to-follow manner. I look forward to booking the next course.”By Emma Hargreaves (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 07/04/2013) from Cardiff
- “I would highly recommend booking this course through The Knowledge Academy to anyone interested in VMware. I was highly impressed, with not only the expertise of the instructor, but also the quality of the service! Thank you TKA!”By Sundip Patel (Rating: 5 out of 5, 21/05/2013) from Leeds
- “I found the trainer engaging and motivating, which helped my understanding of the topics. The course covered everything I needed to know, and I look forward to booking the next one!”By Michael Witte (Rating: 5 out of 5, 25/04/2013) from Milton Keynes
- “I was recommended to book this course via The Knowledge Academy by a work colleague, and I am glad they did! This course was cheaper than the other training providers, but was great value for money. The trainer was excellent and service fantastic, thank you!”By Jonathan Blinco (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 07/03/2013) from Birmingham
- “The course was delivered expertly by the trainer, who made it easy to follow and highly interesting. I am hugely impressed, thank you!”By Stephanie Barkway (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 02/05/2013) from London
- “I am so pleased I booked this course through The Knowledge Academy, the whole process was smooth and stress-free, and the service was brilliant. Look forward to using TKA again.”By Will Aitken (Rating: 5 out of 5, 18/04/2013) from Manchester
- “Will definitely be looking to book another course with you. It was just at the right pace and covered everything I needed to know”By Paula Coxson (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 27/04/2013) from Newcastle
- “Was doubting whether to attend such a short course or just to look it all up on the web. There was so much to know about what's in the new version. The short course structure was brilliant”By Scott Denler (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 22/04/2013) from London
- “Your instructor had more knowledge than anyone I've spoken to about the subject. Was amazed at the way any question was answered with conviction and in so much depth. Really enjoyed the course”By Lee Henry (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 16/05/2013) from Cardiff
- “Great course. Brilliant value for money and I'm glad I got to learn what I did without need to break the bank. Thanks for the handouts aswell”By Paul Mcgaffren (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 21/06/2013) from Leeds
- “Great training venue. The pace of the course flowed really well and more than met my expectations. Value for money is an understatement.”By Kevin Hughes (Rating: 5 out of 5, 07/04/2012) from Cardiff
- “Was impressed with all aspects of the What's New course. Great structure and so informative. Cant wait to for more courses.”By Helen Scott (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 19/03/2012) from Bristol
We do not currently have a video for this topic
VMware Training; Brand New Approach To Virtualisation
The growing IT scenario also makes the IT expenses costly. So researchers are going on to develop some new computing techniques with less expense. Among these latest developed computing techniques, virtualization holds a top position. Virtualization is a single strategic approach to reduce IT expenses along with improved efficiency for the computing process and quicker processing speeds. Virtualization is profitable for large as wall as small enterprises running with the IT Service at its running processes.
Virtualization provides many advantages for the firm with IT networking. It includes the capability to run two or more operating systems and applications on a single interface, the productivity can be improved with fewer server systems, saves nearly 50 percent of the IT expense incurred for various processes. The advantages of implementing server virtualization ensures more than 80 percent of server usage for every server, reduction in hardware requirements in the order of one server for every ten client systems, reduced capital investment for the system and operating system.
VMware or Virtual Machine-ware is a cloud and virtualization software that provide various cloud and virtualization services. VMware is available in various versions depending upon the utility of the software. VMware desktop version runs on almost all operating systems including Linux, Microsoft windows, Mac OS X etc. but other advanced versions of VMware runs only in specific systems meeting its requirements or in server applications. VMware provides a set of hardware combinations to the server or guest operating system. VMware software helps to develop a virtual interface between the hardware and the operating system with a hard disk adapter, video adapter and a network adapter. The host can be linked through USB, serial, parallel or even through wireless connectivity.
The increased demand for VMware software and its associated products gave rise to demand for VMware programmers. Many authorized institutions and IT service companies are providing VMware Course and VMware training along with VMware certification approved all over the globe. VMware training imparts theoretical and practical knowledge to the aspirants. In-hand practical sessions with real industrial situation will boost the knowledge level of individuals learning. Various practical limitations are included in the training program to improve the learning quality. VMware training is not advised through any online means or passive mode of learning.
Various sessions of VMware course requires an instructor to teach the process associated with the learning program. So a systematic way of learning through real time situation will make an individual with some basic programming techniques into a VMware developer. Improved system availability along with efficient connectivity methods can create a good cloud computing and virtualization scenario to add the quality and efficiency of the training. The job openings for programmers for VMware certification along with good experience made many young and growing IT individuals to turn into VMware development sector. Any individual with a little computer knowledge and basic programming knowledge can become an efficient programmer in the VMware development and implementation. VMware programmer with good technical skills and creativity with timely updating nature can easily found a boosting career in the IT world.This post was written by: Mike Stevens