What are the course hours?
The course will be delivered between 9am and 5pm, although these timings may change
What time shall I arrive at the course?
Please arrive at the venue for 08:45am
What is included in the course?
You will receive The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, exam preparation, course materials, certificate, refreshments and experience instructor
What are the pre-requisites?
The knowledge and skills that a delegate must have before attending this course are as follows: Knowledge and skill level equal to Cisco CCNA® certification. In addition to knowledge and skill level equal to CCNA certification, it is recommended that the delegate have practical experience in installing, operating, and maintaining Cisco routers and switches in an enterprise environment. Knowledge of and experience with the implementation and verification of enterprise routing and switching technologies as offered by the Interconnecting. Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) and Interconnecting Cisco Networking. Devices Part 2 (ICND2) courses, or equivalent skills and knowledge.
What exams follows this course?
Preparation for exam 642-902 ROUTE Preparation for exam 642 - 813 SWITCH Preparation for exam 642-832 TSHOOT
The Knowledge Academy
This ten-day course is designed to help students prepare for Cisco CCNP® certification. The ROUTE course is a component of the CCNP curriculum. The ROUTE course is designed to provide professionals of medium to large network sites with information on the use of advanced routing in implementing scalability for Cisco routers that are connected to LANs and WANs. The goal is to train professionals to dramatically increase the number of routers and sites using these techniques instead of redesigning the network when additional sites or wiring configurations are added. The ROUTE training reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs to ensure that they thoroughly understand how to implement advanced routing within their networks.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
Network professionals who want to correctly implement routing-based solutions given a network design using Cisco IOS services and features, where implementation of routing includes planning, configuration, and verification.
The typical job roles for this type of network professional are network engineers, network operations center (NOC) technical support personnel, and helpdesk technicians.
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
Any individual who is involved in implementation and verification of routing protocols in enterprise networks.
The knowledge and skills that a delegate must have before attending this course are as follows:
Knowledge and skill level equal to Cisco CCNA® certification.
In addition to knowledge and skill level equal to CCNA certification, it is recommended that the delegate have practical experience in installing, operating, and maintaining Cisco routers and switches in an enterprise environment.
Knowledge of and experience with the implementation and verification of enterprise routing and switching technologies as offered by the Interconnecting
Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) and Interconnecting Cisco Networking
Devices Part 2 (ICND2) courses, or equivalent skills and knowledge.
Upon completing this course, the delegate will be able to meet these overall objectives:
Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP that are used to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, large-scale internetworks that are based on requirements
Identify, analyze, and match OSPF multiarea routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network
Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multiprotocol network that uses Cisco IOS Software features to control path selection and provides a loopfree topology according to a given network design and requirements
Evaluate common network performance issues and identify the tools that are needed to provide Layer 3 path control that uses Cisco IOS Software features to control the path
Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider
Module 1: Planning Routing Services to Requirements
Assessing Complex Enterprise Network Requirements
Creating an Implementation Plan and Documenting the Implementation
Lab 1-1 Debrief
Module 2: Implementing an EIGRP-Based Solution
Planning Routing Implementations with EIGRP
Implementing and Verifying Basic EIGRP for the Enterprise LAN Architecture
Lab 2-1 Debrief
Configuring and Verifying EIGRP for the Enterprise WAN Architecture
Lab 2-2 Debrief
Implementing and Verifying EIGRP Authentication
Lab 2-3 Debrief
Advanced EIGRP Features in an Enterprise Network
Lab 2-4 Debrief
Module 3: Implementing a Scalable Multiarea Network OSPF-Based Solution
Planning Routing Implementations with OSPF as the Scalable Routing Protocol
How OSPF Packet Processes Work
Improving Routing Performance in a Complex Enterprise Network
Configuring and Verifying OSPF Routing
Lab 3-1 Debrief
Lab 3-2 Debrief
Configuring and Verifying OSPF Route Summarization
Lab 3-3 Debrief
Configuring and Verifying OSPF Special Area Types
Lab 3-4 Debrief
Configuring and Verifying OSPF Authentication
Lab 3-5 Debrief
Module 4: Implementing an IPv4-Based Redistribution Solution
Assessing Network Routing Performance and Security Issues
Operating a Network Using Multiple IP Routing Protocols
Configuring and Verifying Route Redistribution
Lab 4-1 Debrief
Module 5: Implementing Path Control
Assessing Path Control Network Performance Issues
Lab 5-1 Debrief
References to Additional Path Control in E-Learning
Module 6: Connecting an Enterprise Network to an ISP Network
Planning the Enterprise-to-ISP Connection
Considering the Advantages of Using BGP
Comparing the Functions and Uses of EBGP and IBGP
Configuring and Verifying Basic BGP Operations
Lab 6-1 Debrief
Using the BGP Attributes and Path Selection Process
Lab 6-2 Debrief
References to IPv6 and Implementing Remote-Access Connectivity in E-Learning
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Exclusive Cisco exam preperation guidance
- Cisco course materials
- Actual hardware
- Pre and Post course support via email & phone
- Experienced classroom based instructor
- “I did find the training course difficult and hard work. But it isn't meant to be easy. However, the trainer was lovely and clearly very into what he was teaching - this was helpful as it gave a little excitement to project management. I would this The Knowledge Academy in the future as I found nothing negative about the company at all.”By Marc Anthony (Cisco Specialist) from Liverpool
- “To be quite honest, i went with this company because they were the cheapest. However, there was nothing cheap about the course itself. The staff were helpful in directing me to the right training centre and were friendly when i had to rearrange my course for personal reasons.”By Barry White (Network Engineer) from Sheffield
- “For the cheap price I paid the location was outstanding. Extremely posh. The trainer was intelligent in her field and very dedicated to learning. I wish I had teachers like that when i was at school.”By Jack Cresham (Network Engineer) from Leeds
- “I would use this company again for the pure fact the trainer was brilliant. He knew his stuff and had a sense of humour to go with it. I am really impressed with this company and would definitely use them again for any future training. If you have a trainer named Simon then you are very lucky as he is brilliant at what he does.”By Donald Beech (Cisco Network Engineer) from London
- “Fantastic prices = brilliant trainer. Really cant complain.”By Rhys Davies (CISCO Expert) from Bath
- “I really cannot find fault with this company for anything which they provided. They promised good locations - they delivered. My training course was in a lovely place in the centre of London. They also promised i would pass - i did.”By Laura Howe (Cisco Specialist) from Belfast
- “Good !Very intensive course but got through it with a great trainer !”By Joanna Ratcliffe (System Administrator) from Newcastle
- “The trainer knew more than the subject and related the subject excellently to participants' diversed background. I would recommend Knowledge Academy”By Chris Gee (Network Systems Engineer) from Manchester
- “The trainer was very very proficient and had excellent industry knowledge which we were able to leverage. Her practical tips and also tips for the exam made it easy for me to clear the exam.”By Curtis Williams (Cisco Network Engineer) from Bournemouth
- “The Knowledge Academy (TKA) provided a great service pre, post and during the training course.”By Jermaine De la Rosa (CISCO Expert) from Dublin
We do not currently have a video for this topic
The CCNP Certification Is The Next Step For The CCNA Certified
The candidates, who have completed their CCNA certification, can opt for the next level by doing the CCNP Certification. The CCNP Certification is considered to be the next step that would take them to become a successful network professional. The CCNP Certification is the also a knowledge source for the students those who are willing work as a networking professional. The CCNP Courses is the best way to get updated for taking up new challenges. The CCNP Courses is the best ever program which is in demand by the leading companies in the networking market. The CCNP Certification program is the way for the candidates to gather more information about working on any network. CCNP Course is said to have the best syllabus in computer networking for the candidates to get a good grip on the networking stream. The candidate gets full support by the CCNP Courses which include the CCNP training.
About the CCNP training
The CCNP training involves the candidates in different scenarios where they can get more out of the CCNP training for the best knowledge ever. The CCNP training fully equipped training where the candidate will get their newly launched network components which give the candidates more knowledge about becoming the networking professional. The CCNP training takes the candidates to new horizons where the candidates get a vast knowledge about networking. The CCNP training gives the candidate more strong based to stand on. The CCNP training is the best part of the CCNP Course. The CCNP training gives the candidate to walk in the straight way to the top of success. The CCNP training helps the candidate to get more knowledge about the networking models and more opportunities in the networking domain.
CCNP Courses give a new shape for the network associates
The CCNP Courses give the candidate the right guideline where the candidate gets more knowledge so the candidate shapes their career in an appropriate manner. Also, the CCNP Courses are available all over the world and the opportunities which are linked with CCNP Courses. The CCNP Certification program allows you to gain more outcomes from the CCNP Certification program. The CCNP Courses is the best way to gain knowledge about different servers and platforms of network.
The candidates who choose the CCNP Certification gets the best
The CCNP Certification allow you to get the best of the networking profile in the market as the CCNP Certification certifies a candidate to the top layer in the networking domain. The CCNP Course the best way to upgrade you and get the best out of the same. As the CCNA expert get an opportunity to excel by doing the CCNP Certification and get their license updated for three year by which they are globally known and highlighted by the leading companies. The CCNP Course is one of the best courses launched by cisco to become a knowledgeable networking profession. The CCNP Certification also help the candidate to get you promoted from a Cisco Certified Networking Associate to a Cisco Certified Networking Professional.This post was written by: Mike Stevens