Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by BCS (British Computer Society)
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our trainers are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in PRINCE2 methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, the official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 manual, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes the both the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Are there any prerequisites for the PRINCE2 examinations?
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation examination; however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before completing the Practitioner examination. For Re-Registration candidates must achieve a pass at the Practitioner examination and must also submit their candidate registration number of their expired Practitioner certification
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is multiple choice and the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination. The PRINCE2 Re-Registration exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What are the hours of the course?
The training hours are start at 9am and finish at 5pm approximately
Is there home work?
There is a minimum of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor each day
IT'S OFFICIAL: MORE candidates PASS PRINCE2 exams with our courses than any other training provider as verified by APM Group. How is this verified?
This has been verified by APMG based on statistics of 1 year from 1 June 2011- 30 June 2012 and is based on volume of delegates
Please explain how I can report my PDUs to to PMI that I earned with The Knowledge Academy
You will need to complete and submit a PMP Professional Development Activities Reporting Form to PMI. This can be obtained from by visiting www.pmi.org/Certification/Maintain-Your-Credential.aspx
How long until I receive the course confirmation details?
Once your booking has been placed and confirmed, you will receive an email which contains your course location, course overview, pre-course reading material (if required), course agenda and payment receipts
The Knowledge Academy
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® course materials and trainers are accredited by APM Group Ltd. ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by APM Group Ltd. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and AMP Group Ltd. to ensure that their knowledge of Project Management and PRINCE2® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2®courses materials are based on the 2009 edition of, “Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2®,” and include examinations based on this manual.
PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Training (including examinations)
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the PRINCE2® training environment.
- Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
- 1) Reading 3 chapters of the PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®”
- 2) Pre-course workbook to be completed by the Delegate and handed to Trainer at the start of course.
- 3) 70 multiple choice Questions to test your PRINCE2® with detailed answers
- The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 15 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 5 day course that includes the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
- A 75 question multiple choice examination with a pass mark of 35 out of 70. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a prerequisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
PRINCE2®: 2009 Practitioner Exam Format Change effective 1st Jan 2013
- A 80 question Objective Test Examination with a pass mark of 44 out of 80 (55%). Success in this examination indicates that the candidate could apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. This is the top level of PRINCE2® qualification
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the PRINCE2® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
- Principles of PRINCE2®
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting up a Project Process
- Directing a Project Process
- Initiating a Project Process
- Controlling a Stage Process
- Managing Product Delivery Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- Closing a Project Process
- Tailoring PRINCE2® to the project environment
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Please fill in your details below and a learning advisor will be in touch to discuss any further questions you may have.
- The official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 course manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “Excellent training at an excellent price.”By Rose Benson (Project Executive) from Brisbane
- “The PRINCE2 certification was fun and the trainer was knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend The Knowledge Academy.”By Fernando Patterson (Programme Manager) from Sydney
- “High quality PRINCE2 training at a good price.”By Arlene Figueroa (Project Manager) from Canberra
- “Booking the Prince2 exam was very easy and straight forward and the exam was well organised; I couldn’t have asked for any more.”By Joe Baker (Programme Director) from Perth
- “I received great service from The Knowledge Academy in my aim to take the Prince2 exam. They also provided a great deal or support and encouragement throughout.”By Stefan Pryzjemski (Project Manager) from Canberra
- “A brilliant experience and a fantastic pass mark!”By Samera Ali (Project Executive) from Melbourne
- “Once you have taken the Prince2 examination with The Knowledge Academy it is clear why they have a high pass rate; the exam was clear and understandable along with the exam moderators being extremely professional.”By Barry Holden (Project Assistant) from Perth
- “I found the exam structure to be very well organised which helped with my successful pass.”By Liz Whittingham (Programme Director) from Sydney
- “A really positive experience which was largely down to the cheap price and the professional trainer.”By Bruce Thompson (Programme Executive) from Sydney
- “The course was really well structured and organised along with good value for money; I would most definitely go back to this company for any further training.”By Sam Montgomery (Project Manager) from Sydney
- “The trainer was extremely unique in her methods and practices which made the entire experience really interesting and fun.”By Terry Clements (Programme Manager) from Brisbane
- “I would be happy to recommend The Knowledge Academy for the Prince2 Re-registration course due to their professional outlook and enthusiastic trainers.”By Daniel Perry (Project Manager) from Sydney
- “A really positive experience; I will be using The Knowledge Academy again in the future.”By Jasvinder Bhambra (Programme Director) from Melbourne
- “Amazing experience from beginning to end.”By Nathan Kapoor (Project Manager) from Perth
- “This was pure quality which was reflected in the trainer, the materials, the refreshments and the location. I would definitely recommend The Knowledge Academy!”By James Morgan (Project Director) from Canberra
- “The Prince2 Practitioner training course was a fantastic experience and one I would repeat again.”By Emily Harding (Project Assistant) from Adelaide
- “Location was brilliant, trainer was exceptional and the course materials were great; I was extremely impressed.”By Amanda Hall (Programme Manager) from Sydney
- “There were many great things about the Prince2 Practitioner course, however for me the best aspect was the trainer. He had been there and done it! Excellent experience.”By Adam Butler (Project Executive) from Perth
- “This is a course I would recommend without a doubt; it was interesting, fun and all course material were found to be a good read.”By Kate Pippen (Project Assistant) from Brisbane
- “The Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner training course was value for money, professional and effective in its teaching methods.”By Dylan O'Reilly (Project Manager) from Adelaide
- “Fantastic experience!”By Shannon Stokes (Programme Manager) from Perth
- “The Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner course is one which requires a lot of hard work and dedication; both of which are not difficult to do with such an enthusiastic trainer and brilliant course materials.”By Ian Bailing (Manager) from Adelaide
- “The Knowledge Academy excelled themselves with this course; it was hard work but really worth it. The trainer was knowledgeable in the project management area and extremely enthusiastic about what he was teaching; I would definitely recommend the Prince2 Foundation Course to anyone who wanted to excel in their career.”By Janet Linton (Project Assistant) from Canberra
- “The prince2 foundation course was hard work but really well worth it; I look forward to taking the practitioner training course in the near future.”By Priyanka Bhopal (Project Manager) from Brisbane
- “I thoroughly enjoyed the Prince2 Foundation course; the trainer was knowledgeable and all course material was easy to understand and beneficial to the course itself.”By Zara Hussain (Project Executive) from Sydney
- “A brilliant experience – one I would love to repeat”By Peter Balchin (Executive) from Melbourne
- “A lot to take on board but extremely well executed by a fabulous teacher.”By Sukhjit Sanga (Programme Executive) from Melbourne
- “Excellent course and a brilliant trainer; couldn’t have asked for more”By Elizabeth Jones (Manager) from Perth
We do not currently have a video for this topic
The PRINCE2 Certification
PRINCE2 is a globally recognised and accredited project management approach to successfully managing projects. It has been widely adopted around the world in many different countries, sectors and industries. Moreover, many organisations have found that by adopting PRINCE2 there is a higher chance of project success.
Becoming PRINCE2 certified is an important career move for anyone who works in the project management industry. The PRINCE2 training course opens up a lot of job opportunities for individuals along with an increase in salary.
PRINCE2; a best practise project management approach can be used in any type of project, any size and in any environment. PRINCE2 has thus been implemented widely in industries such as; IT, banking, pharmacy and construction. Since its birth in 1996, PRINCE2 has become the most widely adopted project management method with the highest success rate. In fact it is currently used in over 50 countries around the world. There are currently over 200,000 professionals around the world accredited in the PRINCE2 certification. The PRINCE2 exam is currently available in over 16 different language allowing everyone to become accredited in this certification.
So, why is PRINCE2 so popular amongst project managers? Well, to be honest managing a project is known as one of the most difficult things to do in the workplace as there is always uncertainties. Nothing about running a project is repetitive or certain. Projects often involve working with new people, in new ways and creating new products for the organisation. Thus PRINCE2 provides a structured way to work through this uncertainty. Whilst following the PRINCE2 framework does not guarantee project success, it does give the project a greater chance of succeeding.
Whilst the world of projects is uncertain, unstructured, PRINCE2 provides a solid, tested, structured approach to managing a project in todays world.