Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by BCS (British Computer Society)
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our trainers are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in PRINCE2 methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, the official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 manual, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes the both the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Are there any prerequisites for the PRINCE2 examinations?
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation examination; however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before completing the Practitioner examination. For Re-Registration candidates must achieve a pass at the Practitioner examination and must also submit their candidate registration number of their expired Practitioner certification
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is multiple choice and the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination. The PRINCE2 Re-Registration exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What are the hours of the course?
The training hours are start at 9am and finish at 5pm approximately
Is there home work?
There is a minimum of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor each day
IT'S OFFICIAL: MORE candidates PASS PRINCE2 exams with our courses than any other training provider as verified by APM Group. How is this verified?
This has been verified by APMG based on statistics of 1 year from 1 June 2011- 30 June 2012 and is based on volume of delegates
Please explain how I can report my PDUs to to PMI that I earned with The Knowledge Academy
You will need to complete and submit a PMP Professional Development Activities Reporting Form to PMI. This can be obtained from by visiting www.pmi.org/Certification/Maintain-Your-Credential.aspx
How long until I receive the course confirmation details?
Once your booking has been placed and confirmed, you will receive an email which contains your course location, course overview, pre-course reading material (if required), course agenda and payment receipts
The Knowledge Academy
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® course materials and trainers are accredited by APM Group Ltd. ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by AXELOS. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and AXELOS. to ensure that their knowledge of Project Management and PRINCE2® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2®courses materials are based on the 2009 edition of, “Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2®,” and include examinations based on this manual.
PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Training (including examinations)
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the PRINCE2® training environment.
- Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
- 1) Reading 3 chapters of the PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®”
- 2) Pre-course workbook to be completed by the Delegate and handed to Trainer at the start of course.
- 3) 70 multiple choice Questions to test your PRINCE2® with detailed answers
- The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 15 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 5 day course that includes the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
- A 75 question multiple choice examination with a pass mark of 35 out of 70. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a prerequisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
PRINCE2®: 2009 Practitioner Exam Format Change effective 1st Jan 2013
- A 80 question Objective Test Examination with a pass mark of 44 out of 80 (55%). Success in this examination indicates that the candidate could apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. This is the top level of PRINCE2® qualification
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the PRINCE2® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
- Principles of PRINCE2®
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting up a Project Process
- Directing a Project Process
- Initiating a Project Process
- Controlling a Stage Process
- Managing Product Delivery Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- Closing a Project Process
- Tailoring PRINCE2® to the project environment
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Please fill in your details below and a learning advisor will be in touch to discuss any further questions you may have.
- The official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 course manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “The Knowledge Academy are a quality training provider and delivered a first class PRINCE2 course.”By Chester Henderson (Project Assistant) from Canberra
- “I would recommend using The Knowledge Academy for the PRINCE2 training course. They are experienced and passionate about their work and provide fantastic trainers to teach you the subject.”By Marlene Cobb (Manager) from Sydney
- “The Adelaide training centre was a beautiful location to learn in with refreshments provided throughout the week. The course materials were really comprehensive and interesting to read. The trainer injected some humour into his teaching methods which made learning PRINCE2 a fun and educational experience.”By Tonya Pittman (Executive) from Adelaide
- “Learning with The Knowledge Academy was great fun. The instructor; David was experienced and a great teacher of project management. The PRINCE2 training course was hard work and did require some homework each night but it was most definitely worth the hard work. The instructor prepared us well for both the Foundation and Practitioner exams.”By Sheri Graves (Manager) from Melbourne
- “I enjoyed learning the PRINCE2 certification with The Knowledge Academy; they were professional in their approach to project management and used innovative teaching methods which made learning the PRINCE2 methodology relatively straight forward. Really impressive.”By Tabitha French (Project Exec) from Sydney
- “I found the PRINCE2 certification great to learn. The instructor was passionate and knew the subject well. The training techniques employed were varied from; power-point presentation to group debates. This really helped when the concept was a little complicated. I would highly recommend The Knowledge Academy due to their fair pricing and excellent teaching methods.”By Martin Grant (Manager) from Sydney
- “A 5 star training course. I highly recommend The Knowledge Academy for the PRINCE2 course.”By Natasha Hardy (Manager) from Sydney
- “The trainer was a PRINCE2 professional and knew the course inside out. I passed the PRINCE2 exam first time.”By Jamie Abbott (Executive) from Canberra
- “Excellent training at an excellent price.”By Rose Benson (Project Executive) from Brisbane
- “The PRINCE2 certification was fun and the trainer was knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend The Knowledge Academy.”By Fernando Patterson (Programme Manager) from Sydney
- “High quality PRINCE2 training at a good price.”By Arlene Figueroa (Project Manager) from Canberra
- “Booking the Prince2 exam was very easy and straight forward and the exam was well organised; I couldn’t have asked for any more.”By Joe Baker (Programme Director) from Perth
- “I received great service from The Knowledge Academy in my aim to take the Prince2 exam. They also provided a great deal or support and encouragement throughout.”By Stefan Pryzjemski (Project Manager) from Canberra
- “A brilliant experience and a fantastic pass mark!”By Samera Ali (Project Executive) from Melbourne
- “Once you have taken the Prince2 examination with The Knowledge Academy it is clear why they have a high pass rate; the exam was clear and understandable along with the exam moderators being extremely professional.”By Barry Holden (Project Assistant) from Perth
- “I found the exam structure to be very well organised which helped with my successful pass.”By Liz Whittingham (Programme Director) from Sydney
- “A really positive experience which was largely down to the cheap price and the professional trainer.”By Bruce Thompson (Programme Executive) from Sydney
- “The course was really well structured and organised along with good value for money; I would most definitely go back to this company for any further training.”By Sam Montgomery (Project Manager) from Sydney
- “The trainer was extremely unique in her methods and practices which made the entire experience really interesting and fun.”By Terry Clements (Programme Manager) from Brisbane
- “I would be happy to recommend The Knowledge Academy for the Prince2 Re-registration course due to their professional outlook and enthusiastic trainers.”By Daniel Perry (Project Manager) from Sydney
- “A really positive experience; I will be using The Knowledge Academy again in the future.”By Jasvinder Bhambra (Programme Director) from Melbourne
- “Amazing experience from beginning to end.”By Nathan Kapoor (Project Manager) from Perth
- “This was pure quality which was reflected in the trainer, the materials, the refreshments and the location. I would definitely recommend The Knowledge Academy!”By James Morgan (Project Director) from Canberra
- “The Prince2 Practitioner training course was a fantastic experience and one I would repeat again.”By Emily Harding (Project Assistant) from Adelaide
- “Location was brilliant, trainer was exceptional and the course materials were great; I was extremely impressed.”By Amanda Hall (Programme Manager) from Sydney
- “There were many great things about the Prince2 Practitioner course, however for me the best aspect was the trainer. He had been there and done it! Excellent experience.”By Adam Butler (Project Executive) from Perth
- “This is a course I would recommend without a doubt; it was interesting, fun and all course material were found to be a good read.”By Kate Pippen (Project Assistant) from Brisbane
- “The Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner training course was value for money, professional and effective in its teaching methods.”By Dylan O'Reilly (Project Manager) from Adelaide
- “Fantastic experience!”By Shannon Stokes (Programme Manager) from Perth
- “The Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner course is one which requires a lot of hard work and dedication; both of which are not difficult to do with such an enthusiastic trainer and brilliant course materials.”By Ian Bailing (Manager) from Adelaide
- “The Knowledge Academy excelled themselves with this course; it was hard work but really worth it. The trainer was knowledgeable in the project management area and extremely enthusiastic about what he was teaching; I would definitely recommend the Prince2 Foundation Course to anyone who wanted to excel in their career.”By Janet Linton (Project Assistant) from Canberra
- “The prince2 foundation course was hard work but really well worth it; I look forward to taking the practitioner training course in the near future.”By Priyanka Bhopal (Project Manager) from Brisbane
- “I thoroughly enjoyed the Prince2 Foundation course; the trainer was knowledgeable and all course material was easy to understand and beneficial to the course itself.”By Zara Hussain (Project Executive) from Sydney
- “A brilliant experience – one I would love to repeat”By Peter Balchin (Executive) from Melbourne
- “A lot to take on board but extremely well executed by a fabulous teacher.”By Sukhjit Sanga (Programme Executive) from Melbourne
- “Excellent course and a brilliant trainer; couldn’t have asked for more”By Elizabeth Jones (Manager) from Perth
We do not currently have a video for this topic
The Themes of PRINCE2
Thousands of project managers around the world are using the PRINCE2 methodology in order to deliver and execute their projects. Therefore due to popularity of the PRINCE2 methodology, hundreds of training institutes are now supplying the PRINCE2 certification in order to supply individuals with the knowledge and information needed to successful y perform a project.
The reason PRINCE2 is so popular amongst professionals in and outside of the business sector is because of its uniqueness. At the centre of its uniqueness is its use of Themes.
The PRINCE2 themes describe the aspects of project management that have to be continuously and integrally addressed throughout the course of every single project.
Below are the themes of PRINCE2;
The Business Case
This theme describes the mechanisms to assess whether or not there is and continues to be a business justification to implement and continue with the project in question. This theme describes how the justification for the project is recorded in the Business Case and how this is developed further, updated, assessed and then corroborated throughout the lifecycle of the project. This theme also looks at the development, updating and the application of the Benefits Review.
Any project is an aggregate of activities in a temporary organisation. This theme therefore describes and explains the roles and responsibilities that are necessary to direct and manage the project and to deliver the results and how the project organisation is related to the existing organisations of the customer and suppliers. The Organisation theme also describes how stakeholders must be involved in the project and thus how communication from and to stakeholders must be organised.
The Quality theme is aimed towards defining and implementing the resources with which the project will be able to complete and assess the products that are fit for purpose. This theme will also describe how management can ensure compliance in this regard.
All PRINCE2 projects are performed on the basis of a series of approved plans. This theme will then describe the procedure necessary to develop and update the plans and the product-based planning technique that can be used in this regard. The Planning theme will also describe the different plans and how these tie in with what the different management levels require in this regard.
Generally speaking, all projects entail more risks that those activities normally taken out by corporations. Therefore, this theme will describe how these risks in projects can be managed and how they are integrated into the management of the overall project.
The Change theme will describe identification, assessment and control of each possible and approved change with regard to the approved objectives. Also included in this theme are; specification changes, off-specifications and general problems and concerns that require attention from management. Configuration management in projects are also described in detail within this theme.
The Progress theme will describe the continuing viability of the approved plans whilst also looking at the process of approving plans, monitoring progress, drawing up the forecast for the work yet to be done and corrective action.
These themes are vital the production of a PRINCE2 project and are taught extensively during the PRINCE2 training course, which is ever growing in popularity.
Written by Jane Smith