ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Overview
ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Course Outline
Module 1: Testing Process Overview
- Test Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Test Analysis
- Test Design
- Test Implementation
- Test Execution
- Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
- Test Closure Activities
Module 2: Test Management
- What is Test Management?
- Test Management in Context
- Testing Stakeholders
- Software Development Lifecycle Activities and Work Products
- Alignment of Test Activities and Other Lifecycle Activities
- Managing Non-Functional Testing
- Managing Experience Based Testing
- Risk-Based Testing, Test Prioritisation, and Effort Allocation
- Risk-Based Testing
- Risk-Based Testing Techniques
- Other Techniques for Test Selection
- Test Prioritisation
- Effort Allocation in the Test Process
- Test Documentation and Other Work Products
- Test Policy
- Test Strategy
- Master Test Plan
- Level Test Plan
- Project Risk Management
- Other Test Work Products
- Test Estimation
- Defining and Using Test Metrics
- Business Value of Testing
- Distributed, Outsourced, and Insourced Testing
- Test Management Challenges
- Industry Standards
Module 3: Reviews
- Introduction to Reviews
- Management Reviews and Audits
- Managing Reviews
- Review Metrics
- Managing Formal Reviews
Module 4: Defect Management
- Introduction to Defect Management
- Defect Lifecycle and Software Development Lifecycle
- Defect Workflow and States
- Managing Invalid and Duplicate Defect Reports
- Cross-Functional Defect Management
- Defect Report Information
- Assessing Process Capability with Defect Report Information
Module 5: Improving the Test Process
- Test Improvement Process
- What is Process Improvement?
- Types of Process Improvement
- Improving the Testing Process with
- Test Maturity Model Integration (TMMI)
- TPI Next
- Critical Testing Processes (CTP)
- Systematic Test and Evaluation Process (STEP)
Module 6: Test Tools and Automation
- Tool Selection
- Open Source Tools
- Custom Tools
- Return on Investment
- Selection Process
- Tool Lifecycle
- Tool Metrics
Module 7: People Skills
- Individual Skills
- Test Team Dynamics
- Fitting Testing Within an Organisation
Who should attend this ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Training Course?
The ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Course is meticulously structured for those who are eager to enhance their proficiency in the realm of Software Testing. This course is particularly relevant for a wide range of professionals, that includes:
- Software Testers
- Test Engineers
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Senior Test Analysts
- IT Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Test Automation Specialists
Prerequisites of the ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Course
To attend this ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Course, delegates must hold the ISTQB Foundation Certification and need a minimum of three years' experience in Software Testing.
ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Course Overview
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) is a globally recognised organisation that offers a standardised certification courses in Software Testing. ISTQB Certifications validate a tester's knowledge and skills, ensuring that individuals are proficient in both theoretical concepts and practical applications in the field of Software Testing.
The ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Course holds immense significance for testing professionals aspiring to elevate their careers and capabilities. It delves into advanced testing concepts, methodologies, and techniques, equipping individuals with a deeper understanding of test management and strategic planning. This includes skills in risk management, test estimation, resource planning, and more.
In this 5-day Software Testing Training Course, delegates will learn how to create and implement test plans that align with their organisation’s rules and testing practices and to oversee a testing project and implement a risk-based methodology for testing. Our highly experienced instructors will conduct this course and help delegates get equipped with the necessary skills required to enhance their career opportunities.
- To identify and plan necessary skill development within their test team
- To become familiar with the most recent software testing methodologies
- To learn how to evaluate exit criteria and perform test closure activities
- To attain knowledge of how to create effective test documentation
- To improve the testing process using Test Maturity Model Integration (TMMI)
- To become familiar with how to assess process capability with defect report information
After completing this International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Course, under Software Testing Courses, delegates will have the skills to effectively manage testing projects, apply a risk-based testing approach, generate comprehensive reports for project stakeholders, assemble high-performing test teams, and execute efficient test plans.
What's included in this ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Course?
- The ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Examination
- World-Class Training Sessions from Experienced Instructors
- ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Certificate
- Digital Delegate Pack
ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Exam Information
The ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Certification exam assesses professionals' expertise in managing the testing process, strategies, and techniques. This certification focuses on evaluating an individual's ability to plan, implement, manage, and lead testing activities within a project. The format of the exam is as follows:
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Total Questions: 65 Questions
- Pass Mark: 65%
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Open Book/Closed Book: Closed book
Why choose us
Ways to take this course
Experience live, interactive learning from home with The Knowledge Academy's Online Instructor-led ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager. Engage directly with expert instructors, mirroring the classroom schedule for a comprehensive learning journey. Enjoy the convenience of virtual learning without compromising on the quality of interaction.
Unlock your potential with The Knowledge Academy's ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager, accessible anytime, anywhere on any device. Enjoy 90 days of online course access, extendable upon request, and benefit from the support of our expert trainers. Elevate your skills at your own pace with our Online Self-paced sessions.
Experience the most sought-after learning style with The Knowledge Academy's ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager. Available in 490+ locations across 190+ countries, our hand-picked Classroom venues offer an invaluable human touch. Immerse yourself in a comprehensive, interactive experience with our expert-led ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager sessions.
Highly experienced trainers
Boost your skills with our expert trainers, boasting 10+ years of real-world experience, ensuring an engaging and informative training experience
State of the art training venues
We only use the highest standard of learning facilities to make sure your experience is as comfortable and distraction-free as possible
Small class sizes
Our Classroom courses with limited class sizes foster discussions and provide a personalised, interactive learning environment
Great value for money
Achieve certification without breaking the bank. Find a lower price elsewhere? We'll match it to guarantee you the best value
Streamline large-scale training requirements with The Knowledge Academy’s In-house/Onsite ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager at your business premises. Experience expert-led classroom learning from the comfort of your workplace and engage professional development.
Tailored learning experience
Leverage benefits offered from a certification that fits your unique business or project needs
Maximise your training budget
Cut unnecessary costs and focus your entire budget on what really matters, the training.
Team building opportunity
Our ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager offers a unique chance for your team to bond and engage in discussions, enriching the learning experience beyond traditional classroom settings
Monitor employees progress
The course know-how will help you track and evaluate your employees' progression and performance with relative ease
What our customers are saying
I really enjoyed the sessions Bob held, they were informative, funny and engaging. I particularly liked Bob as the trainer as he always encouraged us to question things and brought a light-hearted vibe to the sessions which i feel really helped.
Extremely knowledgeable person who had time for all questions throughout the week, giving clear and concise answers with examples. On top of that Bob was a very nice person as well. Thank you for your time this week Bob it was a very enjoyable and I've learnt a lot.
ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager FAQs
Why choose us
Best price in the industry
You won't find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
Trusted & Approved
We are accredited by BCS
Many delivery methods
Flexible delivery methods are available depending on your learning style.
High quality resources
Resources are included for a comprehensive learning experience.
"Really good course and well organised. Trainer was great with a sense of humour - his experience allowed a free flowing course, structured to help you gain as much information & relevant experience whilst helping prepare you for the exam"
Joshua Davies, Thames Water
Looking for more information on Software Testing Courses & Training?
Full Track of ISTQB Testing CertificationSave upto 40%
Total without package: AUD23275
Package price: AUD13995 (Save AUD9280)