Game Design and Development with Unity Training Course Outline
Module 1: Introduction to Unity
- Installation and Setting Up
- Creating First Project
- Knowing the Engine
- How does Unity Work?
Module 2: Creating Sprites
- What are Sprites?
- How to Create Sprites in Unity?
- Modifying Sprites
Module 3: Transforms and Object Parenting
- Properties of Transforms
- What is Object Parenting?
- Uses of Parenting GameObjects
Module 4: Internal Assets
- Introduction to Internal Assets
- Creation of Internal Assets
Module 5: Saving and Loading Scenes
- First Script
- Basic Movement Scripting
Module 6: Collisions, Rigidbodies and Physics
- Understanding Collisions
- What are Rigid Bodies?
- Custom Collision Boundaries
Module 7: Understanding Prefabs and Instantiation
- What are Prefabs?
- Prefabs Creation
- Instantiate a GameObject
- GetKeyDown method
Module 8: GameObject Destruction and Coroutines
- How to Destroy the GameObjects
- Using Coroutines
Module 9: Introduction to Audio
- Audio Components
- Playing a Sound
Module 10: Starting with UI
- Design Process for User Interface or UI elements in Unity
- Screen Space- Overlay, Camera
- World Space
Module 11: Button, Text Element, Slider
- Insert UI Elements into Scene
- Button Behaviour
- Insert a Text UI Element
Module 12: Materials and Shaders
- What is a Material?
- What is a Shader?
Module 13: Particle System and Asset Store
- Using Particle System
- Using Asset Stores