APM Project Professional Qualification PPQ Course Outline
Domain 1: Delivering Projects through Effective Leadership and Management
Module 1: Provide Visionary Leadership for a Project
- Evaluate Ethical, Flexible, Inspirational and Collaborative Approaches
- Project’s Strategic Goals
- High-Performance Teams
Module 2: Establish and Develop Teams to Achieve Project Aims and Objectives
- Tools, Techniques and Leadership Behaviours
- How to Respond to Changes in a Project’s Environment?
- Develop And Maintain an Effective Team
- Role of Monitoring and Feedback
- Relationship Between Performance Management, The Team Development Cycle, and Motivation to the Success of a Project
- Evaluate the Usage of Conflict to Improve Individual and Team Performance.
Module 3: Maintain an Engaged and Constructive Team through a Positive Approach to Conflict Management
- Why and How to Act with Objectivity, Impartiality and Honesty
- Analyse Appropriate Actions
- Evaluate Ways to Address Challenges, Issues and Conflict
- Maintain an Awareness of Challenges, Issues, and Conflict
Module 4: Resolve Problems Taking a Logical Approach to the Problem-solving Process
Module 5: Make Decisions which Support the Objectives of a Project
- How to Maintain Decision-Making Hierarchies?
- How Decision-Making Relates to the Organisation’s Governance Structure?
- Logical and Recognised Approach to Decision Making
Module 6: Communicate Effectively with Stakeholders to Achieve a Project’s Objectives
- Analyse Ways Appropriately Communicate with Stakeholders
- Evaluate Ways in Which to Communicate Throughout a Project
- Effective Verbal Communication
Module 7: Negotiate Effectively with Stakeholders to Achieve a Project’s Objectives
- How to Effectively Negotiate with Internal Stakeholders?
- How to Effectively Negotiate with External Stakeholders?
Domain 2: Delivering Projects through Effective Governance and Oversight
Module 1: Establish and Maintain the Governance Structure of a Project to Ensure Alignment to Organisational Practice
- Evaluate Appropriate Structures and Hierarchies for a Project
- Why and How to Establish Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships within a Project
- Establish and Maintain the Reporting Hierarchies and Structure During the Life of a Project
Module 2: Use Information to Inform Reviews and Help Manage Deviations from a Project Plan
- Key Stages in a Project-Based Life Cycle
- Importance of Aligning Reviews with Organisational, Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Analyse Situations and How to Resolve Them
- Reasons for Accurately Documenting Deviations from a Project Plan
Module 3: Manage Change Control Processes and Protocols
- Implementation And Maintenance of Change Control Process
- Determine The Impact on a Project’s Scope and Objectives
- Implement And Manage Approved Changes to a Project
- Why and How Trends Analysis is used to Add Value?
Module 4: Manage Stakeholder Influence, Interest and Engagement for the Benefit of a Project
- Techniques to Determine Stakeholder Power, Influence, and Interest
- Develop and Implement a Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Plan
- Monitor and Amend a Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Plan
- Evaluate Relevant Feedback from Stakeholders
- Why and How to Provide Relevant Stakeholders with Financial Reports
Module 5: Deliver the Intended Benefits of a Project
- Importance of Confirming the Intended Benefits
- Develop a Benefits Management Strategy
- Importance of Prioritising the Achievement of Benefits
- Create a Benefits Realisation Plan
- Evaluate Ways to Maximise Achievement of the Planned Benefits
Domain 3: Delivering Projects through Effective Planning and Control
Module 1: Manage Project Costs within Agreed Budgets Which Supports Management of a Project
- Cost Tracking Tools and Techniques
- Importance of Cashflow and Cashflow Forecasting
- Establish Cost Trends and Monitor the Financial Performance
- Importance of Cost Analysis and its Role
- Importance of Completing all Financial Transactions
Module 2: Respond to Risks to Minimise Threats and Increase Opportunities
- Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches to Risk Identification and Analysis
- How to Record and Plan Responses to Risks
- Why and How to Implement Appropriate Responses to Risks
- Importance of Reviewing How Risks Were Managed
Module 3: Respond to Issues in a Way that Supports the Management of a Project
- Why And How to Record and Plan Responses to Resolve Issues
- How to Implement Appropriate Responses to Issues?
- Importance of Reviewing How Issues were Resolved During a Project
Module 4: Develop and Implement an Integrated Plan to Support the Management of a Project
- Document the Outcomes of a Project’s Planning Process
- Fundamental Components of Scope, Schedule, Resource, Budgets, Risks and Quality
- Purpose of an Integrated Plan
- Why And How to Monitor the Progress of a Project?
- Why and How to Adjust an Integrated Plan?