CCNA Certification Overview
CCNA Certification Course Outline
Domain 1: Network Fundamentals
- Explain Role and Function of Network Components
- Describe Characteristics of Network Topology Architectures
- Compare Physical Interface and Cabling Types
- Identify Interface and Cable Issues
- Compare TCP to UDP
- Configure and Verify IPv4 Addressing and Subnetting
- Describe Need for Private IPv4 Addressing
- Configure and Verify IPv6 Addressing and Prefix
- Compare IPv6 Address Types
- Verify IP Parameters for Client OS (Windows, Mac OS, Linux)
- Describe Wireless Principles
- Explain Virtualisation Fundamentals (Virtual Machines)
- Describe Switching Concepts
Domain 2: Network Access
- Configure and Verify VLANs (Normal Range) Spanning Multiple Switches
- Configure and Verify Interswitch Connectivity
- Configure and Verify Layer 2 Discovery Protocols (Cisco Discovery Protocol and LLDP)
- Configure and Verify (Layer 2/Layer 3) EtherChannel (LACP)
- Describe Need for and Basic Operations of Rapid PVST+ Spanning Tree Protocol and Identify Basic Operations
- Compare Cisco Wireless Architectures and AP Modes
- Describe Physical Infrastructure Connections of WLAN Components (AP, WLC, Access/Trunk Ports, and LAG)
- Describe AP and WLC Management Access Connections
- Configure Components of a Wireless LAN Access for Client Connectivity Using GUI
Domain 3: IP Connectivity
- Interpret Components of Routing Table
- Determine How a Router Makes a Forwarding Decision by Default
- Configure and Verify IPv4 and IPv6 Static Routing
- Configure and Verify Single Area OSPFv2
- Describe Purpose of First Hop Redundancy Protocol
Domain 4: IP Services
- Configure and Verify Inside Source NAT Using Static and Pools
- Configure and Verify NTP Operating in a Client and Server Mode
- Explain Role of DHCP and DNS Within the Network
- Explain Function of SNMP in Network Operations
- Describe Use of Syslog Features Including Facilities and Levels
- Configure and Verify DHCP Client and Relay
- Explain Forwarding Per-Hop Behaviour (PHB) for QoS Such as Classification, Marking, Queuing, Congestion, Policing, Shaping
- Configure Network Devices for Remote Access Using SSH
- Describe Capabilities and Function of TFTP/FTP in the Network
Domain 5: Security Fundamentals
- Define Key Security
- Describe Security Programme Elements
- Configure Device Access Control Using Local Passwords
- Describe Security Password Policies Elements, Such as Management, Complexity, and Password Alternatives
- Describe Remote Access and Site-to-Site VPNs
- Configure and Verify Access Control Lists
- Configure Layer 2 Security Features
- Differentiate Authentication, Authorisation, and Accounting Concepts
- Describe Wireless Security Protocols (WPA, WPA2, and WPA3)
- Configure WLAN Using WPA2 PSK Using the GUI
Domain 6: Automation and Programmability
- Explain How Automation Impacts Network Management
- Compare Traditional Networks with Controller-Based Networking
- Describe Controller-Based and Software Defined Architectures
- Compare Traditional Campus Device Management with Cisco DNA Center Enabled Device Management
- Characteristics of REST-Based APIs (CRUD, HTTP Verbs, and Data Encoding)
- Recognise Capabilities of Configuration Management Mechanisms Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Interpret JSON Encoded Data
Who should attend this CCNA CertificationCourse?
This CCNA Course is designed for individuals who want to gain foundational knowledge and skills in computer networking and earn the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification. This certification course benefits a wide range of professionals, including:
- System Administrators
- Network Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Cloud Computing Engineers
- Security Engineers
- Software Developers
- IT Professionals
Prerequisites of this CCNA CertificationCourse
There are no formal prerequisites to attend this CCNA Training Course. However, a basic understanding of networking and operating systems would be beneficial for the delegates.
CCNA Certification Course Overview
CCNA, a fundamental course in the IT industry, offers a secure foundation for success in the ever-evolving world of technology. It equips delegates with an in-depth understanding of both IPv4 and IPv6 networks. In the fast-paced realm of IT, this training is essential for staying relevant and competitive.
Proficiency in CCNA is crucial for IT Technicians and Network Engineers. It allows professionals to confidently work with Cisco networking equipment and environments. As the IT landscape continues to evolve, mastering CCNA is a priority for those aiming to advance in their careers as Network Engineers, Administrators, or Specialists.
The Knowledge Academy's 5-day CCNA Training Course is designed to empower delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the IT industry. With the guidance of experienced trainers and comprehensive coursework, delegates will be well-prepared to tackle Cisco networking challenges. This training is a catalyst for career growth, equipping individuals with the expertise required to lead advancements in their organisations.
- To learn how to identify the components of a computer network and describe their basic characteristics
- To understand the model of host-to-host communication
- To describe the features and functions of the Cisco IOS Software
- To describe Ethernet as the network access layer of TCP/IP and describe the operation of switches
- To install a switch and perform the initial configuration
Upon course completion, delegates will emerge with a strong foundation in CCNA, enabling them to navigate the complexities of modern networking environments with confidence. This newfound expertise will open doors to exciting career opportunities and empower them to make a substantial impact in the IT industry.
What’s included in this CCNA Certification Course?
- World-Class Training Sessions from Experienced Instructors
- CCNA Training Certificate
- Digital Delegate Pack
Why choose us
Ways to take this course
Experience live, interactive learning from home with The Knowledge Academy's Online Instructor-led CCNA Certification. Engage directly with expert instructors, mirroring the classroom schedule for a comprehensive learning journey. Enjoy the convenience of virtual learning without compromising on the quality of interaction.
Unlock your potential with The Knowledge Academy's CCNA Certification, accessible anytime, anywhere on any device. Enjoy 90 days of online course access, extendable upon request, and benefit from the support of our expert trainers. Elevate your skills at your own pace with our Online Self-paced sessions.
Experience the most sought-after learning style with The Knowledge Academy's CCNA Certification. Available in 490+ locations across 190+ countries, our hand-picked Classroom venues offer an invaluable human touch. Immerse yourself in a comprehensive, interactive experience with our expert-led CCNA Certification sessions.
Highly experienced trainers
Boost your skills with our expert trainers, boasting 10+ years of real-world experience, ensuring an engaging and informative training experience
State of the art training venues
We only use the highest standard of learning facilities to make sure your experience is as comfortable and distraction-free as possible
Small class sizes
Our Classroom courses with limited class sizes foster discussions and provide a personalised, interactive learning environment
Great value for money
Achieve certification without breaking the bank. Find a lower price elsewhere? We'll match it to guarantee you the best value
Streamline large-scale training requirements with The Knowledge Academy’s In-house/Onsite CCNA Certification at your business premises. Experience expert-led classroom learning from the comfort of your workplace and engage professional development.
Tailored learning experience
Leverage benefits offered from a certification that fits your unique business or project needs
Maximise your training budget
Cut unnecessary costs and focus your entire budget on what really matters, the training.
Team building opportunity
Our CCNA Certification offers a unique chance for your team to bond and engage in discussions, enriching the learning experience beyond traditional classroom settings
Monitor employees progress
The course know-how will help you track and evaluate your employees' progression and performance with relative ease
What our customers are saying
It was good
Trainer was excellent, explained, everything clearly, structure of his presentation was outstanding.
Kamaljit Singh Kaushal
The trainer is well aware and prepared and have big knowledge of the curriculum. Helpful and smiley. Thanks
CCNA Certification FAQs
Why choose us
Best price in the industry
You won't find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
Many delivery methods
Flexible delivery methods are available depending on your learning style.
High quality resources
Resources are included for a comprehensive learning experience.
"Really good course and well organised. Trainer was great with a sense of humour - his experience allowed a free flowing course, structured to help you gain as much information & relevant experience whilst helping prepare you for the exam"
Joshua Davies, Thames Water