Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by the APMG.
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in ITIL methodologies.
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes your ITIL Foundation exam.
Are there any prerequisites for the ITIL examinations?
There are no prerequisites to this course.
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is a multiple choice exam taken on the final day of the course.
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue at 08:30am for registration
What are the training hours?
The course timings are start at 8.30am and finish at 6pm approximately
What version of ITIL is this based on?
All of The Knowledge Academy's ITIL courses are based on the latest 2011 version
What pre-course material do you offer?
Although not mandatory, we do provide you, via hyperlink, with a PDF version of 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3'. Please note that the latest 2011 version of the handbook has not yet been published.
Will there be homework?
There will be a minimum of 2 hours of homework each evening
What is the ITIL Foundation Exam Pass Guarantee?
Our ITIL Foundation exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your ITIL foundation exam. We guarantee that you will pass your ITIL foundation exam after completing our ITIL 2 day Class. All we require is for you to take the exam on Day 2 of the class, attend all class days and complete all class assignments, including your ITIL sample exams and home work . If you do not pass the ITIL Foundation exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the class again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt (which is not included free of charge), you will be eligible to enrol in the class again, free of charge. ITIL foundation examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
The Knowledge Academy
- The ITIL Foundation course is 2 days of presentations, exercises and discussions about ITIL Foundation best practice framework. ITIL® is a non-proprietary approach for managing IT services, developed in the 1980s by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the United Kingdom.
- In 2007 the ITIL framework was redesigned from a process-led approach to a service lifecycle approach comprising the ITIL five core volumes:
- Service Strategy, Servce Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
- ITIL Foundation provide a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processess, functions and roles.
- Provided as pre-course work is an overview on ITIL named 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3' which is optional should you decide to read the document. Please note that 'The IT Service Management Forum' are yet to publish a 2011 version of the Overview handbook. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
- Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following
ITIL Foundation 2011 Course Content
Service Management as a Practice
- Efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
- Good practice
- Functions, Roles and Processes
Service Strategy: overall business aims and expectations
- Types of Service Provision
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Case
Service Design: developing a solution to meet the needs of the business
- Service Catalogue Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
Service Transition: implementing service designs so that service operations can manage the services
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge Management
- Release and Deployment Management
Service Operation: day to day, business as usual activities
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Access Management
- Functions: Service Desk, Technical Management, Operations Management and Applications Management
Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision
- CSI Model
- Deming Cycle
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “Intense but thoroughly interesting and well worth the time and money.”By Mark Farrant (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 02/03/2013)
- “I really enjoyed taking the ITIL Foundation training course due to the structure and organisation of the course, along with the interesting course materials.”By Pete Anderson (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 25/02/2013)
- “Really positive experience; I would recommend anyone to use The Knowledge Academy.”By Oscar Branning (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 21/05/2013)
We do not currently have a video for this topic
Preparing for ITIL Certification exam
So, it's clear right now, that having the ITIL certification depends on your choice of stepping into the course. If you were to think as possible manage a test and studies along with your IT career and job, then your ITIL foundation could be the option, otherwise, it must be the ITIL V3. Needless to say that, to be able to pass your exam, you have to study and for that stepping into the ITIL course won't be enough. You need to be seriously interested in your ITIL training course and ITIL certification. In this way, you can get your ITIL certification.
In reply to the question that's been asked in the title with this piece, you'll need to keep in mind that, you will find many forms of ITIL training courses available and you're free to decide on among them. You can find the courses like ITIL V3 and ITIL foundation and many more. You'll need to sit in the exam in a number of the courses and in a few others; you'll need not to sit in the exam. For instance, if you're stepping into the ITIL V3, then you will see you should not sit in the exam and if you're stepping into the ITIL foundation, you have to sit for the exam.
This really is indeed one of the very most crucial questions as possible ask and you need to get a reasonable answer to the question and only then, you will have a way to come to a decision and reap benefits out of it. You'll need to keep in mind that, to be able to get the top, you have to choose something extra just like the ITIL training and ITIL certification. To be able to obtain the ITIL certification, you have to enter the ITIL training course and after completing the course; you will have a way to have the certification. So, you have to gather informative data on the topic.
It will ultimately be your take. If you're more comfortable with the exam, you then have to find yourself in the suitable ITIL certification course. If you're not more comfortable with the exam, stepping into another ITIL training course ought to be your choice. So, your choice about your having the ITIL training and ITIL certification depend you a lot. Since it is your lifetime, you're free to decide on among the different ITIL training courses and get your ITIL certification. It will soon be reflected in your career too, so choose wisely and ensure a much better life.
In the final outcome with this piece, if you're interested to have some advice from an ITIL certification holder IT professional like me, I could inform you that stepping into the ITIL training course, having the ITIL training and deciding on the ITIL certification will soon be some of the greatest decisions of one's life. Not just that, your choice in regards to the ITIL certification may make or break your lifetime and ensure complete happiness, better career and life for you. So, you need to be pretty careful and then take your choice with a very good head and after considering all of your options.
This post was written by: Rebecca Thomas