Are you approved and what is your R.E.P provider number?
Yes, The Knowledge Academy has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Our R.E.P. Provider ID number is 3444
What does The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
4 days of classroom training, 35 PMI required contact hours. Guidance with PMP exam application process & support to maintain PDUs and extensive PMP practice test questions with unique PMP prep workbook
What is the Exam Pass Guarantee?
Our exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your PMP exam. We guarantee that you will pass your PMP exam after completing our PMP Class. All we require is for you to take the exam within 30 days of completing the class. Attend all class days and complete all class assignments, including your PMP practice exams. If you do not pass the exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the class again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt, you will be eligible to enrol in the class again, free of charge. PMP examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
Are there any pre-requisites for the PMP Certification examination?
To apply for the PMP exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education. or A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
What is the experience of the instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in PMI methodologies
Do I receive a certificate?
Does the course fee include exams?
The course fee does not include the exam as you need to apply directly to PMI to book and take your exam at a Prometric testing center
How can I pass the exam on the 5th day?
This is achievable if the customer has the required contact hours (35), e.g. taking a previous classroom/online course covering Project Management (PMI Approved) and have applied to PMI to take the exam with PMI on a Friday. On this basis the customer would book the exam to take it on the 5th day, therefore booking the PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp course with The Knowledge Academy who can offer the course on the same week.
How soon do you suggest I should take the exam after doing the course?
We recommend that you should take the exam once you feel you are fully prepared to pass the exam
Will there pre-course work to complete?
Yes, all delegates will be required to do a minimum 5 hours recommended pre course work. This consists of: Reading and studying the first three chapters of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK Guide, 5th Edition namely: Chapter 1 – Introduction Chapter 2 – Organizational Influences and Project Life Cycle Chapter 3 – Project Management Processes
The Knowledge Academy
The Project Management Institute (PMI) sets standards in project management and provides project managers with certification recognized around the world.
This course delivers the knowledge needed to take the PMP exam. It covers the Knowledge Areas, Process Groups, Inputs, Tools/Techniques, and Outputs contained in the PMBOK, as well as a broad spectrum of project management concepts expected of project managers in today’s demanding environments.
During this course, you will need a copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK Guide, 5th Edition (ISBN 978-1935589679), which delegates will need to purchase separately. All delegates MUST BRING the PMBoK to the course.
In addition, you are expected to read pages 1 through 63 before the first day of class. During the four-day class, you should also expect as much as two hours of homework each evening, as determined by the instructor before the end of each day.
The training is delivered by highly experienced project management trainers, with participation by the delegates being integral to the learning process. Delegates will explore project management issues via group discussion.
The syllabus covers a wide breadth of topics, from the essential management tools required to monitor and control a project through to the wider context in which the project is being managed in terms of social and environmental issues, finance, organization, procurement, and people management.
All delegates must have a good understanding of the basic principles of project management.
To apply for the PMP exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- Understand in detail the structure and flow of the PMBOK
- Understand specific content of the PMBOK that is most likely to appear on the PMP examination
- Understand material that is “derived from” or “implied by” the PMBOK known or considered most likely to appear on the PMP exam
- Learn test-taking techniques that will increase the delegate’s chances of passing the exam on the first try
- Pass the PMP Examination.
This course is an intensive 4 day workshop resulting in a certificate for the 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs) required to apply for the PMP exam. Delegates should be advised that they will be required to undertake individual assignments in the form of homework during the course.
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Please fill in your details below and a learning advisor will be in touch to discuss any further questions you may have.
- Guidance with PMP Exam Application Process
- Extensive PMP Practice Test Questions
- Unique PMP Preparation Workbook
- Course Completion Certificate
- 35 PMI Required Contact Hours
- Teas and Coffees
- “I really needed the certification but couldn't do it before as the costs were too high - once I saw the offer I didn't look back and I made a great choice with you guys.”By Phelma Cordis (Rating: 4.6 out of 5, 8/12/2012)
- “Good course and trainer. The reading material was easy to understand and I felt I was well prepared for my exam. I thank the knowledge academy so much as I have recently passed my exam too! Good job!”By Michael Di Costa (Rating: 5 out of 5, 08/09/2012)
- “Was nervous at first but the trainer made us feel so comfortable. Great course and a really good price. Really liked the NYC venue too!”By Harriet Sanders (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 09/05/2012)
- “This course was extremely useful to me, and I will definitely be recommending it to my colleagues”By Caleb James (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 17/03/2012)
- “An intense but thoroughly enjoyable course. I will definitely be booking again with The Knowledge Academy”By Anna Johnson (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 13/03/2012)
- “This course was really well structured, and the trainer answered all questions confidently and demonstrated a real knowledge for the subject.”By Ted Smith (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 03/03/2012)
We do not currently have a video for this topic
The PMP Certification Is Valued Globally
The PMP Certification has gained in popularity over the last few years, not just in the UK but all over the world. This is due to the knowledge which is gained throughout the PMP training and thus demonstrated through the examination.
The PMP methodology is based largely around the knowledge and skills which are taught regarding the leading and directing of different teams and team members. To any PMP professional it is important that all projects run smoothly in order to deliver the best results for the company as a whole. This involves sticking with budget, resources and time frame.
So, why is PMP so popular in 2013? Well, in short; many companies prefer to employ those individuals who are certified PMP project managers due to the knowledge and skills they have gained in the leadership of a project. The PMP methodology can be used in any project due to its flexibility and versatility.
So, briefly why should you, as a professional choose to book a PMP training course?
To begin with, taking the PMP course demonstrates your commitment to the world of project management as a whole. It shows you are committed to the methodology and principles of project management. It also allows you to show off your knowledge and skills to others whilst also placing it on your resume for all future employers to see. Moreover, it will also lead to better pay in the project management field, as this is just one more qualification to add to your list. PMP is functional as it is a qualification on a piece of a paper, but it is also something which compliments your experience in project management, hence why it is so popular.
PMP is valued around the world because it is a vendor neutral credential. Therefore it is popular amongst all sectors in the business field. This is why so many training providers like The Knowledge Academy provide PMP training to delegates. Many companies across the US believe in the PMP methodology and what it can bring to an individual’s career. This is why so many professionals are opting for the PMP course.
Moreover, to cater for the large amount of popularity, PMP constantly updates itself with new techniques and processes to fit with the modern world. This is vital when it comes to a global methodology as it must be constantly tailored to fit every country, every individual in every sector. Therefore new research into this is conducted yearly to enhance the creditability of PMP and its followers.