Are you approved and what is your R.E.P provider number?
Yes, The Knowledge Academy has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Our R.E.P. Provider ID number is 3444
What does The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
4 days of classroom training, 35 PMI required contact hours. Guidance with PMP® exam application process & support to maintain PDUs and extensive PMP® practice test questions with unique PMP® prep workbook
What is the Exam Pass Guarantee?
Our exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your PMP® exam. We guarantee that you will pass your PMP® exam after completing our PMP® Class. All we require is for you to take the exam within 30 days of completing the class. Attend all class days and complete all class assignments, including your PMP® practice exams. If you do not pass the exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the class again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt, you will be eligible to enrol in the class again, free of charge. PMP® examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
Are there any pre-requisites for the PMP® Certification examination?
To apply for the PMP® exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education. or A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
What is the experience of the instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are experienced and are fully approved
Do I receive a certificate?
Does the course fee include exams?
The course fee does not include the exam as you need to apply directly to PMI to book and take your exam at a Prometric testing center
How can I pass the exam on the 5th day?
This is achievable if the customer has the required contact hours (35), e.g. taking a previous classroom/online course covering Project Management (PMI Approved) and have applied to PMI to take the exam with PMI on a Friday. On this basis the customer would book the exam to take it on the 5th day, therefore booking the PMP® Exam Prep Boot Camp course with The Knowledge Academy who can offer the course on the same week.
How soon do you suggest I should take the exam after doing the course?
We recommend that you should take the exam once you feel you are fully prepared to pass the exam
Will there pre-course work to complete?
Yes, all delegates will be required to do a minimum 5 hours recommended pre course work. This consists of: Reading and studying the first three chapters of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK®Guide) – Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013: Chapter 1 – Introduction Chapter 2 – Organizational Influences and Project Life Cycle Chapter 3 – Project Management Processes
The Knowledge Academy
The Project Management Institute (PMI)® sets standards in project management and provides project managers with certification recognized around the world.
This course delivers the knowledge needed to take the PMP® exam. It covers the Knowledge Areas, Process Groups, Inputs, Tools/Techniques, and Outputs contained in the PMBOK® Guide, as well as a broad spectrum of project management concepts expected of project managers in today’s demanding environments.
During this course, you will need a copy of Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013 (ISBN 978-1935589679), which delegates will need to purchase separately. All delegates MUST BRING this to the course.
In addition, you are expected to read pages 1 through 63 before the first day of class. During the four-day class, you should also expect as much as two hours of homework each evening, as determined by the instructor before the end of each day.
The training is delivered by highly experienced project management trainers, with participation by the delegates being integral to the learning process. Delegates will explore project management issues via group discussion.
The syllabus covers a wide breadth of topics, from the essential management tools required to monitor and control a project through to the wider context in which the project is being managed in terms of social and environmental issues, finance, organization, procurement, and people management.
All delegates must have a good understanding of the basic principles of project management.
To apply for the PMP® exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- Understand in detail the structure and flow of the PMBOK® Guide
- Understand specific content of the PMBOK® Guide that is most likely to appear on the PMP® examination
- Understand material that is “derived from” or “implied by” the PMBOK® Guide known or considered most likely to appear on the PMP exam
- Learn test-taking techniques that will increase the delegate’s chances of passing the exam on the first try
- Pass the PMP® Examination.
This course is an intensive 4 day workshop resulting in a certificate for the 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs) required to apply for the PMP® exam. Delegates should be advised that they will be required to undertake individual assignments in the form of homework during the course.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute., Inc.
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Please fill in your details below and a learning advisor will be in touch to discuss any further questions you may have.
- Guidance with PMP® Exam Application Process
- Extensive PMP® Practice Test Questions
- Unique PMP® Preparation Workbook
- Course Completion Certificate
- 35 PMI Required Contact Hours
- Teas and Coffees
- “The PMP training course was fun and a really educational experience. I learnt so much during my time with The Knowledge Academy that it has had a really positive affect on my career. Thankyou.”By Jessica Farber (Project Manager) from Frankfurt
- “The Knowledge Academy delivered a first class PMP training course, one I would and have recommended to my friends. The training centre located in the centre of Berlin was beautiful and easy to find with their directions. The trainer was first class and was very experienced in project management which made his explanations really useful.”By Ludwig Dieter (Manager) from Berlin
- “Best course I have been on in many years , Excellent tuition probably the best trainer I have had the pleasure of dealing with.”By Timm Finkel (Project Manager) from Frankfurt
- “I would recommend this company as the course is good value and the training is top notch.”By Leah Drescher (Project Manager) from Munich
- “Overall, I found The Knowledge Academy to be on the ball, and I was very pleased with their service.”By Finn Eichel (Programme Manager) from Berlin
- “Our instructor was fantastic!”By Leon Bach (Project Officer) from Frankfurt
- “The course was well organised the tutor was very knowledgeable and a good presenter.”By Lukas Amsel (Project Manager) from Berlin
We do not currently have a video for this topic
The Difference between PMP & PRINCE2
PMP Training has taken the world by storm and is now being taken by thousands of professionals around the world. PMP; project management professional is taking over the world of project management one day at a time. But many want to know the difference between PMP and PRINCE2 as both are world renowned project management methods.
Whenever project management is being talked of two names will come to mind; PMP and PRINCE2. Whilst PMP was developed by PMI – a non for profit organisation based in the US whilst the PRINCE2 certification is managed by OGC in the UK both are crucial to work of project management.
PMP is more focused on the various tools and techniques which are used to develop individual capabilities within project management. Thus PMP is greatly concerned with the development of individual skills needed by project managers in order to carry out the projects and be a success. However, to take the PMP certification, a great deal of experience and training is required. This is different for PRINCE2.
PRINCE2 is known for developing a whole organisation and its management or projects. In order to control projects efficiently PRINCE2 develops a business objective which is presented through a business case. This business case will look at the justification for the project; if this justification is no longer valid then the project will be stopped immediately. The business case is updated regularly throughout the project life cycle and is critical to the project’s success.
Thus, both PMP and PRINCE2 play a crucial role in the world of project management and both provide successful projects if used correctly.