Updating Your Skills from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Course Outline | M10165
Module 1: Introducing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
This module will cover the new features and terminology in two lessons, one of which will describe what is new since Exchange Server 2003. The other lesson will describe the new features that have been added since Exchange Server 2007 was released. By covering this material at a high level early in the course, we can decrease some of the gaps in knowledge between the Exchange Server 2003 administrators and the Exchange Server 2007 administrators.
This module will also provide a high-level view of the steps required to migrate from previous Exchange Server versions to Exchange Server 2010. The purpose of this information is to provide a context for the following modules.
- New Exchange Server 2010 Features for Exchange Server 2003 Administrators
- New Exchange Server 2010 Features for Exchange Server 2007 Administrators
- Upgrading to Exchange Server 2010
Lab: Planning Hardware Requirements for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Module 2: Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
This module explains how to install and deploy Exchange Server 2010 in an Exchange Server organisation.
- Installing Exchange Server 2010 SP1
- Verifying the Exchange Server 2010 Installation
Lab: Installing Exchange Server 2010 SP1
Lab: Verifying the Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Installation
Module 3: Configuring Mailbox Servers
This module explains how to configure Mailbox servers and Mailbox server components.
- Upgrading the Mailbox Server Role
- Configuring Mailbox Server Roles
- Configuring Public Folders and Public Folder Databases in Exchange Server 2010
Lab: Configuring Mailbox Servers
Module 4: Managing Recipient Objects
This module explains how to manage recipient objects, including migrating recipients from previous versions of Exchange Server to Exchange Server 2010.
- Managing Mailboxes in Exchange Server 2010
- Configuring Mail Users, Mail Contacts, and Distribution Groups in Exchange Server 2010
- Configuring Email Address Policies and Address Lists in Exchange Server 2010
- Performing Bulk Recipient Management Tasks in Exchange Server 2010
Lab: Managing Exchange Server Recipients
Module 5: Managing Client Access
This module explains how to migrate client access services from Exchange Server 2003 and configure the Client Access server role in Exchange Server 2010.
- Upgrading the Client Access Server Role
- Configuring the Client Access Server Role
- Configuring Client Access Servers for Outlook Clients
- Configuring Microsoft Outlook Web App
- Configuring Mobile Messaging
Lab: Upgrading and Configuring Client Access Servers
Lab: Configuring Client Access Servers for Outlook Web App and Exchange ActiveSync
Module 6: Managing Message Transport
This module explains how to migrate message transport from previous versions of Exchange Server and configure message transport in Exchange Server 2010.
- Overview of Message Transport
- Configuring Message Transport
Lab: Migrating and Managing Message Transport
Module 7: Implementing Messaging Security
This module explains how to configure the secure flow of messages between the Exchange Server organisation and the Internet.
- Deploying Edge Transport Servers
- Deploying an Antivirus Solution
- Configuring an Anti-Spam Solution
- Configuring Secure SMTP Messaging
Lab: Configuring Edge Transport Servers and Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server
Lab: Configuring Anti-Spam Filtering
Module 8: Implementing High Availability
This module explains how to implement a high availability solution for Mailbox servers and other server roles in Exchange Server.
- Configuring Highly Available Mailbox Databases
- Deploying Highly Available Non-Mailbox Servers
- Deploying High Availability with Site Resilience
Lab: Implementing High Availability
Module 9: Implementing Backup and Recovery
This module describes how to plan and implement a disaster recovery solution for Exchange Server 2010 servers.
- Planning Backup and Recovery
- Backing Up Exchange Server 2010
- Recovering from Disasters
Lab: Implementing Backup and Recovery
Module 10: Configuring Messaging Policy and Compliance
This module explains how to plan and configure messaging compliance.
- Introducing Messaging Policy and Compliance
- Configuring Transport Rules
- Configuring Journaling and Multi-Mailbox Search
- Configuring Archive Mailboxes
- Configuring Retention and Archive Policies
Lab: Configuring Transport Rules, Journal Rules, and Multi-Mailbox Search
Lab: Configuring Archive Mailboxes and Retention Policies
Module 11: Securing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
This module explains how to configure Exchange Server security.
- Configuring Role-Based Access Control
- Configuring Audit Logging
- Configuring Secure Internet Access
Lab: Securing Exchange Server 2010
Module 12: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
This module explains how to monitor and maintain the messaging system.
- Monitoring Exchange Server 2010
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2010
Lab: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2010
Module 13: Upgrading from Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
This module explains how to upgrade an Exchange Server 2007 organisation to Exchange Server 2010.
- Upgrading from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
Lab: Upgrading from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
Module 14: Appendix A: Understanding and Planning for Microsoft Exchange Online
This module explains how to plan for, migrate to, and manage Exchange Online. This module also explains how to implement Federated Delegation.
- Planning for Exchange Online
- Migrating to and Managing Exchange Online
- Implementing Federated Delegation