The Knowledge Academy
This course is designed to provide delegates with the knowledge required to pass the Lean Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belt exams and become a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. The course lasts five days and includes both exams.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is a globally sought-after qualification which indicates the holder has the knowledge required to be a successful member of a Lean Six Sigma project team or even lead their own smaller Lean Six Sigma projects.
We will provide you with a few handouts to read before the course starts. It is advised you read these, as they will give you the best possible start to your training.
Anybody can attend this course, and it has no prerequisites.
Who Should Attend?
We recommend this course for anybody interested in business performance improvement.
- The course is in two parts
- The first two days will cover Yellow Belt certification, which will teach you the main principles behind Lean Six Sigma
- The final three days will focus on Green Belt certification, which will provide you with the knowledge required to apply Lean Six Sigma Tools to projects in the workplace
The course covers the following areas:
- Project Charter
- Business Case
- Key Customers
- House of Quality
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Voice of the Customer
- Critical to Quality Requirements (CTQ)
- Verifying CTQs
- Identify and segment
- Hi –level Process map
- Project Plan
- Understanding Variability
- Measurement Basics
- Measurement Process and Plan
- Selecting Measures
- Data Definition and Sources
- Measuring Yield and Capability
- Implementing the Measure Plan
- Data Analysis
- Scatter Diagrams
- Run Charts
- Pareto Charts
- Frequency Charts
- Variation and Defect Analysis
- Process Mapping & Analysis
- Value Stream Analysis
- Cause & Effect Analysis (CNX)
- Hypotheses Analysis
- Verifying Causes
- Brain Storming
- Process Vision
- Lean Principles
- Enabling Flow
- Level Scheduling SMED
- Visual Management
- Selecting Solutions
- Theory Constraints
- Developing Solution Options
- How to run Kaizen events and Improvements teams
- FMEA Risk Analysis
- Implementation Planning
- Simple and necessary documentation
- Mistake Proofing
- Statistics Control
- Control Charts
- Bar and R Charts
- Process Management
- Lean Six Sigma Score Cards
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We provide world-class learning material
- We make the learning experience enjoyable
- We are trusted by globally leading brands such as JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony as a learning partner of choice.
- We provide pre- and post-course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands-on, using real-world examples
- As a market leader, we have an extremely high global pass rate
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and trained over 50,000 delegates in 2014
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
About Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma is a methodology for business process improvement which combines two established business improvement philosophies: Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Lean is a system for removing waste from the manufacturing process and ensuring the delivery of maximum value to the customer. Six Sigma focuses on process improvement by managing quality and reducing defects. Combining these two methods means businesses get the best of both worlds: the speed of Lean with the quality of Six Sigma.
FMG Support, an independent fleet management services provider in the UK used Lean Six Sigma to improve their customer service and efficiency.
The company started their Lean Six Sigma implementation process by having their Business Improvement Manager trained to become a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt over the course of a year. One he had been trained, he was able to pass on the Lean Six Sigma skills he’d learnt to the rest of his team, instilling a continual process improvement culture throughout the whole company.
As a result of the analysis tools provided by Lean Six Sigma, FMG brought in new web-based solutions, speeding up their processes and delivering savings totalling £800,000 (over 1 million US dollars).
We are live!
Our new website has been launched.
You may notice that the appearance and layout of the website is different – The Knowledge Academy has a colourful new theme. We’ve incorporated a new font and have selected colours that complement each other, ensuring that you will be able to enjoy reading easier than before.
We’ve made our website more user-friendly by including our most common searches and courses at the top of the home page, allowing you to find them more easily and efficiently.
We are mobile! You can view our website via any device, whether it be a; laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone. See for yourself; open up our website on your phone – its sleek design allows you to glide through any part of the website with ease. Everything is straight to the point and easy to navigate; with its new design, you can find and search for what you need in a matter of seconds. All of our courses are divided into different headings, a new feature allows you to hover your cursor over a sub-heading of your choice and view it before you’ve entered it. Any key, important information you should know, greets you on our homepage.
We have provided you with “widgets” containing facts about the courses.
- The amount of people who have already taken the course
- Whether the course has "The Knowledge Academy Best Price Guarantee"
- Logos of the Accreditors associated to the course
- How many are currently looking at the same course as you
- Any downloadable related content available
- View course availability if wanting to book with us
We have a dedicated section containing recent reviews made by our delegates. Reviewing our courses has been made easier. With our user-friendly website, you can scroll through them after clicking on “Trustpilot review(s)” to read their opinion. If you’re into your social networking, then our Facebook page is widget is located just on the right of the page, awaiting your “like”.
You’ll find additional information on our blog page. We like to keep you up-to-date with all the latest news. You will also find promotional material about our courses. You are able to share with your friends and family any of the blog posts you enjoy. We are on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
Welcome to the new website.