|ITIL® Foundation Training||23/04/15 4 places left||Hong Kong||2 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation Training||21/05/15 5 places left||Hong Kong||2 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation Training||25/06/15||Hong Kong||2 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation Training||30/07/15||Hong Kong||2 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation Training||03/09/15||Hong Kong||2 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation Training||24/09/15||Hong Kong||2 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation Training||29/10/15||Hong Kong||2 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation Training||26/11/15||Hong Kong||2 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation Training||17/12/15||Hong Kong||2 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by BCS
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are experienced and are fully accredited
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes your ITIL Foundation exam.
Are there any prerequisites for the ITIL examinations?
There are no prerequisites to this course.
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is a multiple choice exam
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue at 08:30am for registration
What are the training hours?
The course timings are start at 8.30am and finish at 6pm approximately
What version of ITIL is this based on?
All of The Knowledge Academy's ITIL courses are based on the latest 2011 version
What pre-course material do you offer?
Although not mandatory, we do provide you, via hyperlink, with a PDF version of 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3'. Please note that the latest 2011 version of the handbook has not yet been published.
Will there be homework?
There will be a minimum of 2 hours of homework each evening
What is the ITIL Foundation Exam Pass Guarantee?
A paper based classroom exam is conducted at the end of the second day of the ITIL Training session. Our ITIL Foundation exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your ITIL foundation exam. We guarantee that you will pass your ITIL foundation exam after completing our ITIL 2 day Class. All we require is for you to take the exam on Day 2 of the class, attend all class days and complete all class assignments, including your ITIL sample exams and home work . If you do not pass the ITIL Foundation exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the class again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt (which is not included free of charge), you will be eligible to enrol in the class again, free of charge. ITIL foundation examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
The Knowledge Academy
- The ITIL Foundation course is 2 days of presentations, exercises and discussions about ITIL Foundation best practice framework. ITIL® is a non-proprietary approach for managing IT services, developed in the 1980s by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the United Kingdom.
- In 2007 the ITIL framework was redesigned from a process-led approach to a service lifecycle approach comprising the ITIL five core volumes:
- Service Strategy, Servce Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
- ITIL Foundation provide a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processess, functions and roles.
- Provided as pre-course work is an overview on ITIL named 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3' which is optional should you decide to read the document. Please note that 'The IT Service Management Forum' are yet to publish a 2011 version of the Overview handbook. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
- Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following
ITIL Foundation 2011 Course Content
Service Management as a Practice
- Efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
- Good practice
- Functions, Roles and Processes
Service Strategy: overall business aims and expectations
- Types of Service Provision
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Case
Service Design: developing a solution to meet the needs of the business
- Service Catalogue Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
Service Transition: implementing service designs so that service operations can manage the services
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge Management
- Release and Deployment Management
Service Operation: day to day, business as usual activities
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Access Management
- Functions: Service Desk, Technical Management, Operations Management and Applications Management
Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision
- CSI Model
- Deming Cycle
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “Quality training for a good price.”By Rob Fu (IT Architect) from Hong Kong
- “The ITIL training course was intense but fun. The Knowledge Academy provide good value for money.”By Thomas Lim (ITIL Analyst) from Hong Kong
- “The trainer was a professional and extremely passionate.”By Mary Chu (IT Auditor) from Hong Kong
- “A good value for money instructor lead training course delivered by a high calibre and vastly experienced trainer.”By Zhi Peng (IT Auditor) from Hong Kong
- “I was extremely impressed by the trainer who presented this course. She was able to relate the course into simple work examples and gave some fantastic exam technique tips.”By Wei Long (ITIL Consultant) from Hong Kong
- “The instructor was knowledgeable and experienced.”By Xu Guan (IT Auditor) from Hong Kong
- “Well organised and great communication.”By Miahua Huang (IT Systems Engineer) from Hong Kong
- “Well run and professional ITIL training course.”By Ming Roi (ITIL Service Management) from Hong Kong
We do not currently have a video for this topic
The ITIL Lifecycle
The ITIL training course has taken the world by storm over the recent years. It has changed the way IT service management is thought of and how it works. However, there are a few aspects of the ITIL methodology that many individuals have some problems with getting their heads around. Therefore I am to provide a little information on the ITIL lifecycle phase in light of the service strategy.
During the ITIL certification with The Knowledge Academy individuals will learn the axis of the lifecycle which is introduced. The service strategy itself delivers guidance during the designing, developing and implement of service management as a strategy. This is critical to the context of the processes of ITIL as a whole. This service strategy works to give an extensive understanding of the ITIL framework – organisations who already use ITIL will have use this as a guideline for development. ITIL will also allow individuals and organisations to improve the synergy between IT and the overall business strategies.
IT is vital to have a strategy in place when working with ITIL as it works to maintain the link between the policies and tactics put into place. The goal of the service strategy is to identify any competition in the market and compete by ensuring their organisation is more distinguished than its competition. ITIL will look at the following when doing this;
- Market focus
- Distinguishing capabilities
- Performance Anatomy
When doing this there are 4 points which must be considered throughout;
The development of this service strategy is crucial and will require constant revision at regular intervals to ensure it is meeting all business goals and tactics. If this strategy is effective then the lifecycle itself will be effective.