What is Microsoft Word training?
MS Word is a full-featured word processing program with rudimentary desktop publishing capabilities that has become the most widely used word processing application on the market. Microsoft Word is a powerful word processing program that you can use to produce professional-looking documents.
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at the venue for 08:45am
Am I using Microsoft Word 2003?
Click HELP menu, click ABOUT, find your version.
Am I using Microsoft Word 2007?
Click Microsoft OFFICE button, click relevant OPTIONS button. Within OPTIONS click RESOURCES to find your version.
Am I using Microsoft Word 2010?
Click the FILE tab. In BACKSTAGE view, click HELP. Within PRODUCT ACTIVATED, find your version.
What level is best for me within Microsoft Word?
Level 1 - You can create & edit a basic document, save them, make changes but not a lot more. Level 2 - Able to add components such as, customized lists, tables, charts, and graphics. Also able to create personalised efficiency tools. Level 3 - Able to perform all tasks within Word such as create, manage, revise, and distribute long documents and forms.
The Knowledge Academy
Who Should Attend the Course?
New or intending users of Microsoft Word 2003 or XP who want to gain a good understanding of the software in a short space of time. Note : A basic understanding of PCs and familiarity with the layout of a PC style keyboard, mouse and Windows is required.
Opening Microsoft Word 2003: • Launching Word • Interface Overview • Interacting with Word • Menu Overview
Toolbars: • About the Standard Toolbar • About the Formatting Toolbar • Adding or Removing Toolbars • Customizing Toolbars • The Customize Command
Creating and Selecting Text: • Creating a New Document • Typing Text • Using the Mouse to Select Text • Using the Keyboard to Select Text • Tips and Tricks
Working With Your Document: • Saving Files • Opening Files • Switching Between Open Files • Closing Documents • Closing Word
Getting Help in Word: • The Help Menu • The Help Task Pane • The Office Assistant • Configuring the Office Assistant • Using the Type a Question Box • Getting Help in a Dialog Box
Formatting and Editing Options
Working with Text: • Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Text • Basic Formatting • Finding Text • Navigating Through a Document
Moving Text: • Dragging and Dropping Text • The Office Clipboard • Deleting Text • Undo and Redo (AKA Repeat)
Fonts: • Setting a Font Type and Size • Setting Font Styles and Colours • Using Character Spacing • Animating Fonts • Setting Your Default Font
Text Effects: • Basic Effects • Setting Underline Styles and Colours • Font Effects • Drop Caps • Changing Font Cases
Changing Text’s Position: • Aligning Text • Justifying Text • Margins • Using Tabs • Setting Tabs • Moving or Removing Tabs
Paragraph Options: • Aligning a Paragraph • Indenting a Paragraph • Changing Paragraph Spacing • Inserting Page Numbers
Templates: • Opening a Template • Downloading Templates • Using Templates • Creating Templates
Language Tools: • Checking Your Spelling and Grammar • The Spelling and Grammar Context Menu • Setting Spelling and Grammar Options • Using Word Count and Readability Statistics
Using Graphics: • Searching for ClipArt • Inserting ClipArt • Formatting ClipArt • Inserting a Picture • Formatting Pictures
Links in a Document: • Types of Links • Inserting a Link • Editing a Link • Following a Link
Viewing and Printing
Layouts and Views: • Normal View • Web Layout • Print Layout • Reading Layout • Outline View • Full Screen View
Viewing Tools: • Zoom • Thumbnails • The Document Browser • The Document Map
Print Preview: • Opening Print Preview • Print Preview Options • Print Preview versus Print Layout
Printing a Document: • How to Print a Document • Basic Print Options • Advanced Print Options
Using Page Setup: • Gutters and Margins • Changing Paper Options • Setting Layout Options • Applying Page Borders • Setting Default Page Setup Options
Creating Tables: • Inserting a Table • Drawing a Table • Selecting Cells, Rows and Columns • Inserting and Deleting Cells, Rows and Columns
Editing Tables: • Merging and Splitting Cells, Columns, or Rows • Resizing Cells, Columns, or Rows • Selecting a Table • Moving and Resizing a Table
Applying Basic Formatting: • Aligning a Table • Changing Table Spacing • Changing Text Direction
Applying Advanced Formatting: • AutoFit • The Borders and Shading Dialog • Using the Tables and Borders Toolbar to Modify Borders and Shading • AutoFormat
- Highly Experienced Instructor
- Detailed User-Friendly Manual
- Pre/Post Course Email Support
- Attendance Certificate
- “Well structured and accessible course”By Alice Wigley (06/01/2013)
- “Excellent value for money - Highly Recommended !!”By Gary Everton (08/09/2012)
- “For the cheap price I paid the location was outstanding. Extremely posh. The trainer was intelligent in her field and very dedicated to learning. I wish I had teachers like that when i was at school. I would recommend this company to my friends and family due to the positive experience I have had with them.”By Jacob Pippen (14/07/2012)
- “I would use this company again for the pure fact the trainer was brilliant. He knew his stuff and had a sense of humour to go with it. I am really impressed with this company and would definitely use them again for any future training.”By Reese Gregory (21/04/2012)
- “I really cannot find fault with this company for anything which they provided. They promised good locations - they delivered. My training course was in a lovely place in the centre of London. They also promised I would pass - I did.”By Elliot Lock (19/05/2012)
- “Very intensive course but got through it with a great trainer!”By Mark Thomas (02/03/2012)
- “Nick in Nottingham was brilliant, gave me a lot of confidence which I really needed, as I was lacking in it to say the least. He helped me get to where I want to be and pass the exam. The Knowledge Academy provide the best service for a reasonable price.”By Simon Clark (19/03/2012)
- “The Knowledge Academy targets itself at the economy end of the market yet we received lovely settings in the central of London, which was easy to get to and functional - no distractions, air con worked etc.. The teaching was excellent and I would use them again tomorrow.”By Richard Smeeton (09/01/2012)
- “The trainer knew more than the subject and related the subject excellently to participants' diverse background. I would recommend Knowledge Academy.”By Michael Abraham (12/12/2011)
- “Excellent course. Very intense. Super trainer.”By Marianne Fawcett (Rating: 5 out of 5, 02/05/2012) from Maidstone
We do not currently have a video for this topic