There hasn't been any questions asked about this course
The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Training day course covers the following topics:
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® course materials and trainers are accredited by APM Group Ltd. ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by APM Group Ltd. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and AMP Group Ltd. to ensure that their knowledge of Project Management and PRINCE2® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2®courses materials are based on the 2009 edition of, “Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2®,” and include examinations based on this manual.
The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the PRINCE2® training environment.
Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
- 1) Reading 3 chapters of the PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®”
- 2) Pre-course workbook to be completed by the Delegate and handed to Trainer at the start of course.
- 3) 70 multiple choice Questions to test your PRINCE2® with detailed answers
The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 15 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 5 day course that includes the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before attempting to complete the Practitioner examination.
- A 75 question multiple choice examination with a pass mark of 35 out of 70. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a prerequisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
PRINCE2®: 2009 Practitioner Exam Format Change effective 1st Jan 2013
- A 80 question Objective Test Examination with a pass mark of 44 out of 80 (55%). Success in this examination indicates that the candidate could apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. This is the top level of PRINCE2® qualification.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the PRINCE2® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
- Principles of PRINCE2®
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting up a Project Process
- Directing a Project Process
- Initiating a Project Process
- Controlling a Stage Process
- Managing Product Delivery Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- Closing a Project Process
- Tailoring PRINCE2® to the project environment
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
- The official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® course manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
The Mighty PRINCE2 Training
Organisations all over the world are undertaking projects of unimaginable proportions. Construction of refineries pumping oil directly into ships at sea, laying oil pipelines from a country to another country or building a bridge over the sea to connect two suburbs of a city are some of the examples. Such projects are undertaken by an organisation who can boast of having the finance, investors, material and management professionals who have received the finest kind of training in starting, directing and controlling projects. The management professionals who can do such projects are the ones who have received Prince2 training.
‘Projects in Controlled Environments’ is the expanded form of Prince and the suffix 2 indicates its version that is doing the rounds in the business field of project management. In fact there have been many versions after version2 but the suffix 2 has been retained to indicate that the methodology of Prince has not changed. An enterprise has to operate its projects in two types of environments namely internal and external. The internal environment comprising of operational efficiency, the processes, management and trained manpower is controllable but it is not the case with the external environment which consists of the labour laws, politics and other such policies. Prince 2 course stresses upon the need to understand the environments in which the project operates.
A Prince2 practitioner training course will educate the prospective project leaders to be leaders who can independently start, direct and control a project. The Prince2 methodology of project handling propagates the need to break a project into phases wherein each phase under an independent team leader is required to be completed within a specific period without compromising the quality specifications of the overall project. Each phase which could be operating in a different business environment or in a different country fits into the other phase like a hand in a glove. All phases are then assembled to form whole of the project.
It would thus be evident that a Prince2 project needs lot of coordination and a strong leadership. The project leader has to be knowledgeable, courageous and a good communicator. Organisations therefore send their potential project leaders for a Prince2 Certification so that they can learn all qualities of leadership that are essential for project handling.
The course content of Prince2 Training comprises an array of subjects such as business theme, communication theme, change and risk management theme to mention just a few. A project leader has to deal with various agencies and establish clear lines of communications so that all teams and each member of the teams clearly understand the vision of the project. The Prince2 project is multidimensional and the organisations involve stakeholders so that necessary finances can be accumulated. These stake holders have to be satisfied on completion of the project. A project leader thus has to be good at conflict management.
The mighty Prince2 projects are managed by management professionals who have qualified the mighty course content of Prince2 Training to enable the organisations to undertake such projects.This post was written by: Anthony Simmons