There hasn't been any questions asked about this course
The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Training day course covers the following topics:
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® course materials and trainers are accredited by APM Group Ltd. ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by APM Group Ltd. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and AMP Group Ltd. to ensure that their knowledge of Project Management and PRINCE2® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2®courses materials are based on the 2009 edition of, “Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2®,” and include examinations based on this manual.
The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the PRINCE2® training environment.
Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
- 1) Reading 3 chapters of the PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®”
- 2) Pre-course workbook to be completed by the Delegate and handed to Trainer at the start of course.
- 3) 70 multiple choice Questions to test your PRINCE2® with detailed answers
The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 15 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 5 day course that includes the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before attempting to complete the Practitioner examination.
- A 75 question multiple choice examination with a pass mark of 35 out of 70. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a prerequisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
PRINCE2®: 2009 Practitioner Exam Format Change effective 1st Jan 2013
- A 80 question Objective Test Examination with a pass mark of 44 out of 80 (55%). Success in this examination indicates that the candidate could apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. This is the top level of PRINCE2® qualification.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the PRINCE2® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
- Principles of PRINCE2®
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting up a Project Process
- Directing a Project Process
- Initiating a Project Process
- Controlling a Stage Process
- Managing Product Delivery Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- Closing a Project Process
- Tailoring PRINCE2® to the project environment
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
- The official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® course manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
How To Initiate A Project Using PRINCE2
The initiation of any PRINCE2 project is always down to the Project Manager. Whilst other small aspects can be delegated to others in the project team, this is and always will be the decision of the project manager.
So, what is the process of initiating the starting of a project?
- A strategy must be defined which covers all quality responsibilities and quality measures which must be carried out.
- Look at how risks will be managed
- How any changes to products will/ can be controlled
- Defining a strategy for communicating to all parties involved.
- How the project will be controlled
- Preparing documentation for all decision makers.
It is important that all stake holders involved in the project must sign an agreement for expenditure before the project begins. During this process it is also vital that all members involved understand why this project is taking place and what needs to be done.
Preparing the quality management strategy is vital as all quality expectations from the customer and standards of the supplier must be coordinated and thus achieved. In order for the project to be successful it is important that the product meets the quality standards as well as the time and cost constraints. The time and cost of a project is determined by the quality management strategy.
The risk management strategy is also vital within any PRINCE2 project. This is so that all procedures can be put into place in order to handle any risks which could take place. It also identifies the risk responsibilities and who will take care of this. This is crucial for all parties to understand as the risk report must be done to perfection in order for the project to learn from its own mistakes and rectify them in the future. All projects, including those using the PRINCE2 methodology brings about change for the customer and the supplier, with change come risks. Thus before the project is born the method of identifying, controlling and analysing risks must be identified.
The reason PRINCE2 is so successful is due to the planning before the project is actually begun. Initiating a project is actually just as time consuming as the actual project itself. A lot of tests, communication and analysis must be done in order for the project manager to truly understand the direction of the project. If the correct planning is achieved, the project manager will be aware of what potential risks will be encountered and how to control them before they become problematic to both the customer and the organisation.
This entire procedure is taught through the training of PRINCE2.