There hasn't been any questions asked about this course
The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Training day course covers the following topics:
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® course materials and trainers are accredited by BCS. ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by BCS. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and BCS. to ensure that their knowledge of Project Management and PRINCE2® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2®courses materials are based on the 2009 edition of, “Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2®,” and include examinations based on this manual.
The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the PRINCE2® training environment.
Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
- 1) Reading 3 chapters of the PRINCE2® manual, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®”
- 2) Pre-course workbook to be completed by the Delegate and handed to Trainer at the start of course.
- 3) 70 multiple choice Questions to test your PRINCE2® with detailed answers
The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 15 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 5 day course that includes the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before attempting to complete the Practitioner examination.
- A 75 question multiple choice examination with a pass mark of 35 out of 70. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a prerequisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
PRINCE2®: 2009 Practitioner Exam Format
- A 80 question Objective Test Examination with a pass mark of 44 out of 80 (55%). Success in this examination indicates that the candidate could apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. This is the top level of PRINCE2® qualification.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the PRINCE2® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
- The Knowledge Academy PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
- Principles of PRINCE2®
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting up a Project Process
- Directing a Project Process
- Initiating a Project Process
- Controlling a Stage Process
- Managing Product Delivery Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- Closing a Project Process
- Tailoring PRINCE2® to the project environment
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
- The official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® course manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
Our View of PRINCE2
The Knowledge Academy is one of the largest PRINCE2 training providers in the world currently. We believe in the power of PRINCE2 and how it has and will continue to change the world of project management in the 21st century. Project management has become increasingly important as time has moved on due to more inventions and technology being produced and introduced into the business world. In order to any organisation to remain on top they must keep up with the modern times and therefore new projects must take place on a daily basis.
Organisations around the world including in the UK are becoming more and more aware of the opportunities available when a project management approach is adopted. A project management methodology such as PRINCE2 look at the way in which they address the creation and delivery of the new business products and allows the company to implement any changes needed. PRINCE2 therefore provides a common, structured approach to project management.
PRINCE2 is known to be a measurable and flexible project management method which was born from the experience of previous professional project managers. The PRINCE2 methodology is constantly being changed and adopted in order to include a variety of contexts. Many organisations; large and small adopt the PRINCE2 method for the following reasons;
- It is repeatable
- It can easily be taught through PRINCE2 training courses
- It build on experience
- It can be applied to any size or shape of project
- It insists on a good business case for the project before it begins and throughout.
- It focuses on quality throughout the project
- It clearly identifies roles and responsibilities throughout the project
- Everyone involved knows what to expect
- It provides a thorough and economical structure of reports
- It is based on management by exception which gives good and effective use of management time
- Ensures good communications with all stakeholders
- There are early warning of problems
- If a project is taken over in the middle you know what documents to look for
- It is proactive and not reactive
The best part of PRINCE2 is that it is free to implement within any organisation.
Moreover, when PRINCE2 is about to be implemented by an organisation or business, the following project performance aspects are normally accounted for. The following is what makes PRINCE2 so unique;
- The cost of the project
- How long the project will take
- It is vital to get the quality right – find out what quality the customer is looking for
- Scope – How are the requirements of the project shown?
- Risk- what risks are involved? A risk management procedure must be put in place
- The benefits of the project must be clear.
In order for the above to be kept under control PRINCE2 employs seven principles which are unique to its own method;
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailored to suit the project environment
These principles are known to be; universal, self-validating and empowering in the project.
The above seven processes define how the project will run and how the project will succeed.
Project management can be a scary world and extremely unpredictable however, with PRINCE2 it doesn’t have to be so scary. PRINCE2 is a measured approach which allows reliability within the project itself.