|MSP® Foundation & Practitioner||09/03/2015 3 places left||Edinburgh||5 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|MSP® Foundation & Practitioner||11/05/2015 3 places left||Edinburgh||5 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|MSP® Foundation & Practitioner||29/06/2015 4 places left||Edinburgh||5 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|MSP® Foundation & Practitioner||24/08/2015 5 places left||Edinburgh||5 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|MSP® Foundation & Practitioner||19/10/2015 5 places left||Edinburgh||5 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|MSP® Foundation & Practitioner||07/12/2015||Edinburgh||5 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by BCS
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our trainers are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in MSP methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, the official Managing Successful Programmes manual, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes the both the MSP Foundation and Practitioner exams
Are there any prerequisites for the MSP examinations?
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation examination, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before completing the Practitioner examination
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is multiple choice and the MSP Practitioner exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What is the pre-course reading?
We would like for you to read chapters 1 to 3 from the official Managing Successful Programmes 2011 Edition manual
What are the hours of the course?
The training hours are start at 9am and finish at 5pm approximately
Is there home work?
There is a minimum of 2 hours homework each evening
The Knowledge Academy MSP® Foundation & Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
The Knowledge Academy MSP® course materials and trainers are accredited by BCS. ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by BCS. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and BCS. to ensure that their knowledge of Programme Management and MSP® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
The Knowledge Academy MSP® course materials are based on the 2011 edition of, “Managing Successful Programmes” and include examinations based on this manual.
MSP® Foundation and Practitioner Training (including examinations)
The Knowledge Academy MSP® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the MSP® training environment.
Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
1) Reading: Introduction, Principles, Introduction to Themes from the “Managing Successful Programmes”
2) Pre-course workbook to be completed by the Delegate and handed to Trainer at the start of course.
The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 15 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy MSP® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 5 day course that includes the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner examinations within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor
Multiple choice examination, 75 questions per paper with 1 mark available per question, 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores, 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) - 50%, 60 minutes duration, Closed book Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a prerequisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
A 80 question Objective Test Examination with a pass mark of 40 out of 80. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate could apply MSP® to the running and managing of a non-complex programmes. MSP® Practitioner status should be Re-Registered every 3 to 5 years via the MSP® Re-Registration examination.
The Knowledge Academy MSP® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the MSP® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the MSP® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
The Knowledge Academy MSP® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
Principles of MSP®
Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
Benefit Realisation Management
Blueprint design and delivery
Planning and Control
The Business Case
Risk management and issue resolution
Transformational Flow Overview
Identifying a Programme
Defining a Programme
Managing the Tranches
Delivering the Capability
Realising the Benefits
Closing a programme
Tailoring MSP® to the programme environment
- 2011 Edition Managing Successful Programmes OGC Manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “The Knowedge Academy is a highly reputable training organisation and I would highly recommend. The customer care was outstanding and the trainer on the MSP course was excellent”By Melissa Bush (Programme Executive) from Bristol
- “Efficient and straight to the point!”By Levi Graves (Programme Manager) from Guildford
- “Great instructor, that really addressed the needs of the group. The material was well organized, and instructions for pre-course work were outstanding.”By Gina Manning (Programme Assistant) from Edinburgh
- “Very good course - I can't praise the trainer enough for the knowledge that he imparted to us all.”By Anne Cartwright (Programming) from London
- “Intense full-on course with lots to learn but made easier by the trainer.”By Brian Dunn (Programme Assistant) from Birmingham
- “Good quality training courses that are more than value for money. The class was small and we all got to know each other quickly - questions and discussion on particular points made the day go quickly.”By Michael Docherty (Programme Director) from Milton Keynes
We do not currently have a video for this course