Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by the APMG
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our trainers are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in MSP methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificate and refreshments
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes the MSP Practitioner exam.
Are there any prerequisites for the MSP examination?
Candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before completing the Advanced Practitioner examination
What is the structure of the exams?
The MSP Advanced exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
The Knowledge Academy MSP® Advanced Practitioner 2 day course covers the following topics:
This intensive workshop is designed to build on the Foundation and Practitioner courses and give delegates a fuller understanding of the processes, components and techniques of the OGC methodology, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP). On the 2nd day, delegates will undertake the OGC MSP Advanced Practitioner examination.
The event is suitable for programme managers, experienced project managers and programme support team members. Delegates must have attended the 3-day MSP Foundation event, and achieved a pass; they must have also attended the 2-day Practitioner course and the Examination before attending this course. This Advanced Practitioner course can be attended to immediately follow on from the Practitioner
course, or can be attended at a later date.
Attendance on this workshop will enable delegates to:
· Develop their understanding of the components, processes, products and techniques of MSP
· Have confidence and competence to practise the method in the live environment
· Further develop their knowledge of the material provided on MSP Foundation and
· Practitioner courses to sit the Advanced Practitioner examination.
At the end of the workshop, the delegate will be able to:
· Comprehend the practical application issues of using and tailoring MSP
· Navigate the MSP material to maximise its usage as a working tool in the live environment.
· The MSP Advanced Practitioner examination is all included within the course timetable.
This is an intensive workshop providing realistic and practical skills consolidation. It focuses on helping candidates understand how MSP should be applied in the real world. The format of the event is highly interactive and designed to present the information in memorable, manageable segments. Through the use of exercises and facilitated group discussion, delegates will be given full opportunity to test their understanding of the
theory and the practical challenges they are likely to face as they put the theory into practice. Like the OGC Prince2™ Project Management standard, MSP is designed to be implemented in a tailored fashion. Any organisation or individual seeing the need for a controlled approach to managing its programmes will benefit from an understanding of the MSP methodology. Delegates will be provided with comprehensive supporting material, providing an invaluable reference source when returning to their working environment.
All delegates should complete the pre-course questions and have read the MSP Manual and Case Study. This will involve a minimum of 8 hours pre-course study.
The MSP course covers all the OGC topics in the MSP guide and is accompanied by handouts and comprehensive course notes. Exercises are essay style and based on the case study that will be used in the Advanced Practitioner examination. There is a mock examination then your answers will be briefly assessed followed by guidance from the tutor. This is designed to provide candidates with a thorough preparation for the examination itself.
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Experienced Instructor
- “Excellent course, the trainer really made the content understandable.”By Liam Grover (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 24/04/2012) from Birmingham
- “The trainer was excellent, delivering the methodology in a fun and practical way by engaging all of the attendees. They were also excellent at preparing us for the exams.”By Elly Tumbler (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 01/04/2012) from Norwich
We do not currently have a video for this course