Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by the APMG
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our trainers are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in M_o_R methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, the official Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners manual, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes the both the M_o_R Foundation and Practitioner exams
Are there any prerequisites for the M_o_R examinations?
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation examination, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before completing the Practitioner examination
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is multiple choice and the M_o_R Practitioner exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What is Risk Management Training?
In today’s highly volatile business environment, key stake holders in respective organisations are looking for individuals with Risk Management experience. The industry is searching for highly qualified Risk Management specialists who can support their organisations by minimising the impact of today’s volatile business conditions. M_o_R training is the most sought after qualification for anyone looking to demonstrate experience in Risk Management. The Knowledge Academy’s M_o_R training course is accredited by APMG Group and certified by the Cabinet Office. The M_o_R Foundation & Practitioner course will enable you to display a sound understanding of Risk Management.
The Knowledge Academy
The Knowledge Academy Materials and Trainers
The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® course materials and trainers are accredited by APM Group Ltd, ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The Knowledge Academy course materials are regularly assessed and maintained in line with stringent standards administered by APM Group Ltd. The Knowledge Academy trainers are regularly assessed by The Knowledge Academy and AMP Group Ltd, to ensure that their knowledge of risk Management and M_o_R® are strong enough to deliver training that helps delegates extract maximum benefit from attending our courses.
The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® courses materials are based on the 2011 edition of, “Management of risk: guidance for practitioners,” and include practice examinations based on this manual.
M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner Training (including examinations)
The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner event is designed to maximise delegates’ potential in the M_o_R® training environment and to introduce delegates to the M_o_R® framework and how this can be implemented in the work place.
Following confirmation of booking The Knowledge Academy will send the Pre-Course work to the delegate. This work consists of;
1) Reading 4 chapters of the M_o_R® manual, “Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners”.
2) Pre course questions to be completed by the Delegate.
3) 30 multiple choice Questions to test your M_o_R® with answers.
The pre-course work on a The Knowledge Academy course will require around 8 hours of study prior to the course start date. The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner training event is an intensive 3 or 5 day course that includes the M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner (if completing the full 5 day event) examinations are included within the course. Upon booking, Joining Instructions that describe the course location and other administrative details will also be emailed.
A 75 question multiple choice examination including 5 trial questions, exam time 1 hour with a pass mark of 35 out of 70 (50% pass mark).. Success in this examination indicates that the candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a risk management team using the M_o_R framework within an organisational objective supporting risk management. Please note that success in the Foundation examination is a pre-requisite for that candidate to move forward to the Practitioner examination.
An Objective Test Examination comprising of 4 questions of 20 marks each, exam time 3 hours with a pass mark of 40 out of 80 (50% pass mark). Success in this examination indicates that the candidate understands and could apply the M_o_R® framework into the everyday running and management of an organisational objective, whilst also appreciating the benefits that M_o_R® can support. This examination is the top level APMG offers in M_o_R®. Please note M_o_R® Practitioner status should be Re-Registered every 3 to 5 years via the M_o_R® Re-Registration examination in order to keep your qualification up to date.
The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course follows a two part structure. The first three days of the course involve familiarisation with the content of the M_o_R® manual, preparing for the Foundation examination. Following successful completion of the Foundation examination, delegates will spend one day preparing for the M_o_R® Practitioner examination, sitting this examination on the final day of the course.
The Knowledge Academy M_o_R® Foundation and Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
Introduction to M_o_R® concepts and definitions
What is risk?
What is risk management?
Corporate governance approach and internal control
Principles of M_o_R®
Overview of the 8 principles used in M_o_R®
Management of risk approach
Introduction to the core management documents used in M_o_R®
The risk management process – including the various techniques
Embedding and reviewing M_o_R®
Including health checking and maturity model
Health and safety
- Official Management of Risk; Guidance for Practitioners OGC Manual
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “Perfect! Top trainer, top course, top service. Thank you TKA.”By Simon Hawkes (Rating: 5 out of 5, 23/02/2012)
- “Great service by The Knowledge Academy, the course was well put-together with very high standard of teaching.”By Rupert Stone (Rating: 5 out of 5, 12/02/2012) from London
- “A very useful course and an enjoyable few days of learning.”By Lucy Powell (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 30/03/2012) from Southampton
- “I can't thank TKA enough for their services. The M_o_R course was interesting and a great asset for my future.”By Mohammed Isaac (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 10/03/2012) from Nottingham
- “I attended the M_o_R course in Birmingham and I wanted to formally express my thanks. The instructor displayed a wealth of knowledge and imparted it onto the group in such an enthusiastic way that his passion for the subject was extremely infectious. I have been on previous 5 day courses where they can get a bit tiresome towards the end and my attention can waiver, however this was far from the case on this course. Based on this experience with the Knowledge Academy I will definitely recommend you to friends and colleagues.”By Jennifer Thomas (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 16/02/2012) from Birmingham
- “This course was well taught with excellent support materials. It demands hard work, but the trainer was excellent at keeping up the pace while ensuring no one of us was ever left behind”By Malcolm Ribbens (Rating: 4.9 out 5, 08/02/2012) from Birmingham
- “I was very impressed with the quality and depth of the training I received from the Knowledge Academy. The training was geared to obtaining a pass grade focusing on key syllabus areas and the advice on what notes to make in the manual was also extremely beneficial. Thank you!”By Gethin Taylor (Rating: 4.9 out 5, 26/01/2012) from Manchester
We do not currently have a video for this topic
The Right Choice With M_o_R Training
MoR when expanded stands for Management of risk. Needless to say whether individuals or organizations are prone and susceptible to risks in the daily course of routine and are in a vulnerable position. This emphasizes and highlights the need to identify possible risks and take preventive measures to control it. This is where MoR steps in as a set of activities which are needed to be performed for the identification and control of exposure to risk which could have serious implications on the organizations business objectives.
The organisation implementing MoR will undoubtedly get the following benefits once it decides to opt for MoR training:
- It greatly enhances and makes simpler the corporate decision making as the risks are more likely to be visible and identified in individual activities and major projects all across the organization.
- There is an organizational culture of steady and continuous improvement.
- When risks are identified proactively it is easier to control them and the goals of the stakeholders and organization can be easily realised.
- There is clear cut accountability for risk and its management.
- The contingency plans are far improved.
- The personnel can take well informed decisions about cost and benefit of activities and are aware of the implications of the same.
The MoR framework can be effectively used for risk management in public and private sectors for various sized organizations.
There are different types of MoR training courses available.The most basic MoR course is the MoR foundation qualification.
MoR foundation is an MoR course that can be studied independently to gain an understanding of basics and terminology used in MoR or in combination with MoR practitioner in a combined course towards a full MoR practitioner level certification. Having taken MoR foundation course you can take a course that inparts practitioner level training. One has to reappear for a MoR practitioner exam after 3-5 years to keep the qualification upto date.
Depending on the needs of your organization now opt for an MoR training course. There are various MoR courses available:
- There are MoR training courses that are a combination of of MoR foundation and practitioner courses available. There could be classroom MoR courses or integrated MoR classroom and online MoR courses. There are also specific MoR courses available when an organization wants to impart training to more than one individual.
- There are just the MoR foundation courses which could be just classroom or an integration of classroom and e-learning.
- Then there are the MoR practitioner courses which would be classroom based.
An MoR training is not essential to sit for the exam but however it is highly advised. Besides recieveing accredited MoR training self-study is also a route to prepare for the exam. APMG International administers public exam for those who want to self-study. Most of the accredited MoR training organizations include the examinations as a part of the course. For those individuals who have self studied APMG administer public exams around the world.
So, if you are an individual who wants to enhance his/her career prospects or an organisation wanting to impart trainining to its staff in successfully controlling and managing risk then MoR Training is just for you!