What is the Exam pass Guarantee?
Our exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your Microsoft exam. We guarantee that you will pass your Microsoft exam after completing our Microsoft certification. All we require is for you to take the exam within 30 days of completing the class. Attend all class days and complete all class assignments. If you do not pass the exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the class again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt, you will be eligible to enrol in the class again, free of charge. Microsoft examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
Who is this course for?
Those who are looking for a position as a desktop and device support, and data and applications manager.
What are the pre-requisites?
A good understanding of networking fundamentals. An understanding of and experience with configuring security and administration tasks in an enterprise environment. Experience supporting or configuring Windows operating system clients. Good hands-on Windows client operating system experience with Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8. An understanding of basic Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) concepts, such as the purpose of user accounts and computer accounts.
What exam(s) are valid for the course(s)?
Exam 70-410 - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Exam 70-411 - Administering Windows Server 2012 Exam 70-412 - Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services Exam 70-415: Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure Exam 70-416: Implementing Desktop Application Environme
How do I book my exam(s)?
Please visit the Prometric website to book your exam using the following web address - www.register.prometric.com/ClientProgram.asp
What certification will this lead to?
You will obtain the MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) certification in Windows Server 2012 and also the MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) in Desktop Infrastructure
The Knowledge Academy MCSE Desktop Infrastructure Certification 10 day course covers the following topics:
The 10 day MCSE Desktop Infrastructure cerrtification is for those who are looking for a position as a desktop and device support, and data and applications manager.
- A good understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of and experience with configuring security and administration tasks in an enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting or configuring Windows operating system clients.
- Good hands-on Windows client operating system experience with Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
- An understanding of basic Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) concepts, such as the purpose of user accounts and computer accounts.
Our 10 day MCSE Desktop Infrastructure certification comprises of the following courses:
Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (course M20410)
- Install and Configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Share files and printers.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Use Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to secure Windows Servers.
- Implement server virtualization using Hyper-V.
Administering Windows Server 2012 (course M20411)
- Deploy and Maintain Server Images
- Configure and Troubleshoot DNS
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Manage User and Service Accounts
- Implement a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Manage User Desktops with Group Policy
- Configure and Troubleshoot Remote Access
- Install, Configure and Troubleshoot Network Policy Server (NPS) role
- Implement Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Optimize File Services
- Configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Implement Update Management
- Monitor Windows Server 2012
Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (course M20412)
- Implement advanced network services.
- Implement advanced file services.
- Implement Dynamic Access Control.
- Implement distributed Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) deployments.
- Implement AD DS sites and replication.
- Implement Active Directory Certification Services (AD CS).
- Implement Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Implement network load balancing (NLB).
- Implement failover clustering.
- Implement failover clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implement disaster recovery.
After successfully completing the above 3 courses, you'll have gained a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) in Windows Server 2012 certification.
Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure (course M20415)
- Assess and determine desktop deployment options.
- Plan an image management strategy.
- Implement desktop security.
- Capture and manage a desktop operating system image.
- Plan and implement User State Migration.
- Plan and deploy desktops by using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Plan and deploying desktops by using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Plan and implement a Remote Desktop Services infrastructure.
- Manage user state virtualization for enterprise desktops.
- Plan and implement an updates infrastructure to support enterprise desktops.
- Protect enterprise desktops from malware and data loss.
- Monitoring the performance and health of the desktop infrastructure.
Implementing Desktop Application Environments (course M20416)
- Design an application distribution strategy that is appropriate for an organizational environment.
- Diagnose and remediate application compatibility problems for desktop and presentation virtualization-based deployments.
- Use Group Policy and Windows Intune to deploy applications to client devices.
- Deploy applications centrally using Configuration Manager.
- Configure self-service application deployment using Configuration Manager, Service Manager, and Windows 8 Application Store.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support presentation virtualization.
- Prepare, deploy and manage applications for Remote Desktop, RemoteApp, and Remote Desktop Web Access.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support application virtualization.
- Virtualize and deploy applications by using App-V and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Plan and configure the appropriate infrastructure to streamline the deployment of software updates to applications, and plan and configure application security.
- Plan and implement application upgrades, supersedence, and application coexistence.
- Monitor the deployment, performance, and utilization of applications and determine whether current application hosting platforms are meeting business needs.
Exams to be taken after completing the 10 day MCSE Desktop Infrastructure certification:
- Exam 70-410 - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Exam 70-411 - Administering Windows Server 2012
- Exam 70-412 - Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
- Exam 70-415: Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
- Exam 70-416: Implementing Desktop Application Environments
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Exam preperation
- Experienced Instructor
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course