The Knowledge Academy ITIL® Foundation 3 day course covers the following topics:
This 3 day ITIL Foundation course will provide you with everything they need to pass the ITIL Foundation exam. Through a combination of presentations, exercises and discussions, the course will cover the key principles and concepts of ITIL, and prepare you for the exam, which is taken on the final day. Passing ITIL Foundation will allow you to go on to achieve the higher levels of ITIL qualification.
- We recommend you read 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3'
- This will be provided as a PDF document.
This course is open to everyone and there are no prerequisites.
Who Should Attend?
We recommend this course to anybody who is interested in learning more about ITIL.
- Two days of classroom-based training covering the key principles of ITIL
- The exam is on the last day and lasts 1 hour
The course covers the following topics:
Service Management as a Practice:
- Efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
- Good practice
- Functions, Roles and Processes
- Types of Service Provision
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business case
- Service Catalogue Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge Management
- Release and Deployment Management
Service Operation: day-to-day, business as usual activities
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Event Management
- Access Management
- Functions: Service Desk, Technical Management, Operations Management and Applications Management
Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision
ITIL Foundation Examination
- Multiple choice
- 40 questions
- 1 hour
- Pass mark is 65%
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We give you comprehensive courseware folder with presentation slides, quick reference guide, full syllabus and mock exams
- We make the learning experience enjoyable
- We are trusted by globally leading brands such as JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony as a learning partner of choice.
- We provide pre- and post-course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands-on, using real-world examples
- As a market leader, we have an extremely high global pass rate
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and trained over 25,000 delegates in 2014
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Click ‘Book Now’ or ‘Enquire’ next to the date of your choice and our expert advisors will be in touch.
What is ITIL?
ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is a best practice framework for IT Service Management. It is based around the idea that IT services in a business should be aligned to the business’s needs and support its core functions.
ITIL is managed by AXELOS, the best practice advisor formed jointly by the UK government and the business services company Capita. It is used by major organisations such as Microsoft, NASA and the UK’s National Health Service.
The IRS (Internal Revenue Service), the US government agency in charge of tax collection, was looking to improve its efficiency for the years 2009 – 2013. They decided to focus on improvement in two areas: people and technology. ITIL helped them improve their management of technology and has remained a key part of the organisation ever since.
Faced with a number of options, including outsourcing some of their IT services, the IRS spent a year researching how to improve their service management. Eventually they chose ITIL, as it would make their work more streamlined while delivering the best quality of service to their customers at the best value to the organisation.
To implement ITIL successfully, the IRS focused on training their executive teams to see the benefits of ITIL. This ensured the roll out of ITIL was fully supported, with proper funding available.
As a result of its successful implementation of ITIL, the IRS earned level 3 certification for its use of ITIL in 2012, bringing it up to “world-class” standing.