|ITIL® Foundation||08/09/2014 3 places left||Belfast||3 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation||13/10/2014 4 places left||Belfast||3 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation||10/11/2014 5 places left||Belfast||3 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
|ITIL® Foundation||15/12/2014||Belfast||3 days||Book OnlineEnquire|
Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by BCS (British Computer Society)
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructor are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in ITIL methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include an exam?
Yes, the course includes the ITIL Foundation exam.
Are there any prerequisites for the ITIL Foundation examination?
There are no prerequisites for the ITIL Foundation examination
What is the structure of the exams?
The ITIL Foundation exam is multiple choice
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What are the training hours?
The course timings are start at 9am and finish at 5pm approximately
What version of ITIL is this based on?
All of The Knowledge Academy's ITIL courses are based on the latest 2011 version
Will there be homework?
There will be a minimum of 2 hours of homework each evening
The Knowledge Academy ITIL® Foundation 3 day course covers the following topics:
The ITIL Foundation course consists of presentations, exercises and discussions about ITIL Foundation best practice framework. ITIL® is a non-proprietary approach for managing IT services, developed in the 1980s by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the United Kingdom.
In 2007 the ITIL framework was redesigned from a process-led approach to a service lifecycle approach comprising the ITIL five core volumes:
Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
ITIL Foundation provide a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processes, functions and roles.
ITIL Foundation 2011 Course Content
Provided as pre-course work is an overview on ITIL named 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL®' which is optional should you decide to read the document. Please note that 'The IT Service Management Forum' are yet to publish a 2011 version of the Overview handbook. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following
Service Management as a Practice
Efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
Functions, Roles and Processes
Service Strategy: overall business aims and expectations
Types of Service Provision
Service Portfolio Management
Service Design: developing a solution to meet the needs of the business
Service Catalogue Management
Service Level Management
IT Service Continuity Management
Information Security Management
Service Transition: implementing service designs so that service operations can manage the services
Service Asset and Configuration Management
Release and Deployment Management
Service Operation: day to day, business as usual activities
Functions: Service Desk, Technical Management, Operations Management and Applications Management
Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision
40 questions per paper
26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
60 minutes duration
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “The Knowledge Academy provided a 5 star ITIL training course. The trainer was dedicated to the methodology and had many years of experience in the field which came in useful when explaining new processes and ideas. The teaching techniques varied from class discussions to power-point presentations which made learning fun.”By Belinda Smith (IT Manager) from Birmingham
- “Great company to train with - in particular the trainer Gary was fantastic and had lots of stories and experiences to share which made particular points stick in your mind. There was a great balance of fun with hard work and professionalism. Thorough training learning not just how to pass the exam but advice and guidance of how to apply to a real time situation as well. Overall a satisfying and successful experience.”By Noah Dawson (IT Auditor) from Cambridge
- “I thought this course was excellent. It is true that you get out of it what you put in and you must be prepared to do the pre-work and homework or you will be left behind. I really enjoyed the ITIL course and thought the tutor was superb.”By Nathan Stevens (IT Technician) from Newcastle
- “Best course I have been on in many years , Excellent tuition probably the best trainer I have had the pleasure of dealing with”By Michael Morris (ITIL Consultant) from Southampton
- “Great course; not too basic or too difficult and it was made very enjoyable by the trainer. Will book the next level with you guys too when I have time. Thanks.”By Raymond Elwicks (IT Systems Engineer) from Manchester
- “From a simple and concise booking process to an energetic and intensive course, I have felt as though TKA lived up to their good reputation. Time was given for anyone on the course to ask questions and I feel that I can speak for everyone when I say it was a positive and enriching experience.”By Jagdish Kolhi (Systems Engineeer) from Birmingham
- “I found The Knowledge Academy to be organised and responsive from the outset. There is a clear investment in ensuring a fun and productive experience through the use of highly trained instructors, user-friendly course material and comfortable facilities. I would definitely use The Knowledge Academy”By David Trott (ITIL Consultant) from London
We do not currently have a video for this course