Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by the APMG.
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in ITIL methodologies.
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide pre-course reading, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificates and refreshments.
Does the course include exams?
Yes, the course includes your ITIL Foundation exam.
Are there any prerequisites for the ITIL examinations?
There are no prerequisites to this course.
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is a multiple choice exam taken on the final day of the course.
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What are the training hours?
The course timings are start at 9am and finish at 5pm approximately
What version of ITIL is this based on?
All of The Knowledge Academy's ITIL courses are based on the latest 2011 version
What pre-course material do you offer?
Although not mandatory, we do provide you, via hyperlink, with a PDF version of 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3'. Please note that the latest 2011 version of the handbook has not yet been published.
Will there be homework?
There will be a minimum of 2 hours of homework each evening
What is ITIL Certification?
IT Infrastructure Library more commonly known as ITIL is a set guidance on how quality and Best Practice is provided in IT Service Management. Available through The Knowledge Academy, is a comprehensive accredited ITIL Certification path consisting of various levels taken in a mandatory order - ITIL Foundation, Intermediate levels (Lifecycle & Capability), Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) and ITIL Expert no matter what your background may be this is a great stepping stone. The Knowledge Academy, who are the number one globally Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) not only provide you with the training and relevant exams but also with the knowledge required to implement the ITIL principles in the world of ITIL Service Management.
The Knowledge Academy
The ITIL Foundation course consists of presentations, exercies and discussons about ITIL Foundation best practice framework. ITIL® is a non-proprietary approach for managing IT services, developed in the 1980s by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the United Kingdom.
In 2007 the ITIL framework was redesigned from a process-led approach to a service lifecycle approach comprising the ITIL five core volumes:
Service Strategy, Servce Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
ITIL Foundation provide a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processess, functions and roles.
ITIL Foundation 2011 Course Content
Provided as pre-course work is an overview on ITIL named 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3' which is optional should you decide to read the document. Please note that 'The IT Service Management Forum' are yet to publish a 2011 version of the Overview handbook. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which will be set by the instructor.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following
Service Management as a Practice
Efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
Functions, Roles and Processes
Service Strategy: overall business aims and expectations
Types of Service Provision
Service Portfolio Management
Service Design: developing a solution to meet the needs of the business
Service Catalogue Management
Service Level Management
IT Service Continuity Management
Information Security Management
Service Transition: implementing service designs so that service operations can manage the services
Service Asset and Configuration Management
Release and Deployment Management
Service Operation: day to day, business as usual activities
Functions: Service Desk, Technical Management, Operations Management and Applications Management
Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision
40 questions per paper
26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
60 minutes duration
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware Book
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor
- “Great course; very well-presented by the trainer who knew his stuff and was very happy to answer any questions.”By Robert Bird (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 03/03/2012) from London
- “Well presented course; the trainer did a very good job in delivering the content with interest.”By Mark Lovejoy (Rating: 5 out of 5, 30/04/2012) from Nottingham
- “Thanks all-round to The Knowledge Academy.”By Ruth Castle (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 19/03/2012) from London
- “Great course; not too basic or too difficult and it was made very enjoyable by the trainer. Will book the next level with you guys too when I have time. Thanks.”By Raymond Elwicks (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 06/04/2012) from Manchester
- “From a simple and concise booking process to an energetic and intensive course, I have felt as though TKA lived up to their good reputation. Time was given for anyone on the course to ask questions and I feel that I can speak for everyone when I say it was a positive and enriching experience.”By Jagdish Kolhi (Rating: 5 out of 5, 09/03/2012) from Birmingham
- “A very well constructed course with excellent course materials which were methodical and well structured. The Trainer was superb and extremely engaging, providing some excellent insight and industry knowledge, aiding in understanding of the syllabus. Overall a very useful course to someone new to the IT service environment and I have already begun using some of this new found knowledge in my day to day role.”By Sonia Chapman (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 28/02/2012) from Leeds
- “We went through a lot of material during the ITIL course in 3 days and I was nervous about the exam at the end. The trainer presented all the material very well and answered all my questions with sound and clear examples and illustrations. The course book that Knowledge Academy provided was very comprehensive. Now that I've passed the ITIL course I am looking forward to taking a PRINCE2 course with TKA.”By Maliq Azzur (Rating: 5 out of 5, 16/04/2012) from Birmingham
- “I have taken 2 Knowledge Academy courses paid for out of my own pocket. Each one was delivered by a seasoned professional in their chosen subject and enabled me to pass the course exams”By Rob Michaels (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 15/04/2012) from Leeds
- “The recent ITIL course I attended with you was a great experience. The subject matter was fascinating, and delivered in an effective way. I am looking forward to doing another course with you in the future.”By Richard Kenny (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 12/04/2012) from London
- “I used the Knowledge Academy to book and train myself and several colleagues in ITIL courses. Throughout the booking and registration process I found them to be extremely helpful and flexible to our needs whilst the training itself was given in a very professional manner by tutors who were extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic in the subject matter. I would definitely recommend them and use their services again”By Luke Davidson (Rating: 5 out of 5, 02/05/2012) from London
- “Great all-round service by The Knowledge Academy. Booking was simple and painless with the customer services advisor on the phone answering all questions that I asked. The course was put together well with the lessons flowing and concise. Our trainer was very experienced, knew his stuff and was happy to go over any parts I didn't understand.”By Vanessa Li (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 30/04/2012) from London
- “I found The Knowledge Academy to be organised and responsive from the outset. There is a clear investment in ensuring a fun and productive experience through the use of highly trained instructors, user-friendly course material and comfortable facilities. I would definitely use The Knowledge Academy”By David Trott (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 01/02/2012) from London
We do not currently have a video for this topic
Optimise Your IT Management With ITIL V3
A significant number of organizations are either working on or have completed the exercise of virtualizing their data networks. ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is a set of tasks, processes and techniques that are usually implemented for managing the Information Technology services of an enterprise. ITIL is one of the most preferred techniques of ITSM or Information Technology Services Management. It focuses on aligning the I.T. services with the business for which it has been designed. Nowadays, every business that’s is a part of any sector requires that the data networks and resources belonging to it are used optimally so that they can provide the best quality of services with lesser costs. For this reason, ITIL is the frontrunner for managing I.T services that have become one of the highest priorities of an enterprise.
ITIL has made available various courses and modules for all I.T. services professionals. The ITIL training is accessible to individuals from all over the globe and there is a large network of dedicated training centers to facilitate this training. Once the chosen ITIL training is complete, an ITIL certification is awarded. There are different levels of certification and ITIL V3 provides the certification path that one should follow. The most preliminary course and the first step is ITIL Foundation. In this course, the participant is taught not only the basic concepts and framework but also the practical applications of ITIL. It is important for one to pass the assessment in the ITIL Foundation course in order to move ahead to the higher levels of training. The foundation course is followed by the training and certification for ITIL practitioner and after that, ITIL Master.
Each training module is in- depth and is linked to the topics that fall under a specific level. The content of the course is designed in such a way that the participant on being awarded a certification has comprehensive knowledge of their chosen ITIL domain and is well equipped to manage their selected area of specialization in any enterprise, in any part of the world. The domains covered in ITIL training include Continual Service Improvement, Service Design, Planning- Protection- Optimization, Operational support and Service strategy and so on. The certification of ITIL Master is the highest level of certification that a professional can acquire. One can understand and apply ITIL for more efficient management of the I.T services.
ITIL is not specific to any one particular business. The processes, tasks and techniques of ITIL can be applied universally to any organization who is keen on administrating its I.T. services through ITIL. ITIL allows an organization to continue maintaining its core values that are relevant to each of its businesses. This is especially important for those organizations operating globally in many countries and different continents. Since ITIL is universally applied and one of the most well- known ITSM management tools, taking up the ITIL V3 path and acquiring an ITIL certification will be advantageous to those who are looking to enter into I.T. services management.This post was written by: Anthony Simmons