Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by the APMG.
What is the experience of the Instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our trainers are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in AGILE methodologies
What do The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
We provide the official Agile Project Management Handbook, The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, official certificate and refreshments
Does the course include the exams?
Yes, the course includes the both the AGILE Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Are there any prerequisites for the AGILE examinations?
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation examination, however, candidates must achieve a pass at Foundation level before completing the Practitioner examination.
What is the structure of the exams?
The Foundation exam is multiple choice and the AGILE Practitioner exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at your training venue for 08:45am
What is the pre-course reading?
There is pre-study work required for this course. There is a downloadable pre-course studyguide. It includes reading the first four chapters of the Agile Project Management Handbook v1.1. These four chapters will be provided electronically. A full hard copy of the Agile Project Management Handbook v1.1 will be provided on the course itself. In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which is set by the instructor
What are the hours of the course?
The training hours are start at 9am and finish at 5pm approximately
Is there home work?
There is a minimum of 2 hours homework each evening
What is AGILE Project Management Certification?
This is the world’s only official Agile Project Management certification available in the market today. Certified by the Cabinet Office & Governed by APMG, The Knowledge Academy’s Agile Project Management certified course is aimed at those working or assisting on projects that need to be able to react to an issue that occurs throughout the project at any given moment. Even if this is your first time learning the Agile methodology, this certification will enhance the individual’s ability to change, respond and to be more decisive about making that all important decision, therefore saving time and in addition resulting in the project(s) not going over budget or being delayed. In the current economic climate this is the most sought after project management methodology.
The Knowledge Academy
Software development teams have been using techniques such as Scrum, XP (eXtreme Programming), Lean and others for over a decade. Agile Project Management goes beyond these techniques to bring innovation, responsiveness and quality to projects across the full gamut of human endeavour. Here are principles, processes and practices that can be applied in any sector.
The Agile Project Management qualification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be Agile.
Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern, the certification provides the ability to deliver Agile Projects in organizations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Project Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
The training is delivered by highly experienced project management trainers, with participation by the delegates being integral to the learning process.
There is pre-study work required for this course. There is a downloadable pre-course studyguide. It includes reading the first four chapters of the Agile Project Management Handbook v1.1. These four chapters will be provided electronically.
A full hard copy of the Agile Project Management Handbook v1.1 will be provided on the course itself.
In addition, delegates will be required to complete a MINIMUM of 2 hours homework each evening which is set by the instructor
Explain how to lay the foundations for successful agile projects
Explain how an agile project is managed
Clarify the different management styles needed for successful agile projects (compared to "traditional" projects)
Prepare for the Agile PM examinations.
This course is in two parts: Foundation and Practitioner.
Foundation lasts three days and includes a one hour multiple choice examination on the afternoon of the third day
Practitioner is a one day workshop including a two hour, scenario based examination. Prerequisites for the Practitioner examination are either:
Agile Project Management Foundation Certificate,
DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate, or
DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate
Choosing the right approach
The basics of Agile Project Management
Roles and Responsibilities
Preparing for an Agile project
The factors that lead to success
How to manage an Agile project
Processes and Products
Communication in an Agile project
Prioritisation and Time boxing
Maintaining control in an Agile project
Requirements and Estimating
Building in quality
Exam Structure - Foundation
Multiple choice format
60 questions per paper
30 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) - 50%
60 minutes duration
Exam Structure Practitioner
4 questions per paper, 15 marks available per question
30 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) - 50%
Two hours duration
Open-book (restricted to the manual only) examination
- Official Agile Project Management Handbook
- The Knowledge Academy Courseware
- Experienced Instructor
- “Well done to The Knowledge Academy for putting on an excellent course, the trainer was great and had a very high standard of teaching.”By Fred Arnold (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 03/03/2012) from Manchester
- “Excellent course, well-delivered by an outstanding trainer. Special thanks go to TKA for an easy booking process through to an excellent course. I will be signing up to the next level in March.”By Gareth Hoyland (Rating: 5 out of 5, 04/04/2012) from London
- “I have used many training providers for our company's training requirements and I was referred to The Knowledge Academy. The training has been better than my existing training provider. As a result we have decided to move all our training to TKA”By Lynne Branning (Rating: 5 out of 5, 16/02/2012) from Glasgow
- “Good course with great delivery by the trainer, who did a great job in bringing the course 'alive' with great examples and fantastic energy.”By Naresh Sharma (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 16/03/2012) from Edinburgh
The Growth Of Agile Training
Through the Agile training, Project Management Institute (PMI) validates the ability of a person of understanding the agile concepts and principles.
Reasons of Growth of Agile Certification:
Agile project management is the topic of increasing importance in the field of project management. The market research of Project Management Institute shows that the practitioners of project management are embracing the practices and principles of agile as the technique for prosperously management of projects. In addition to this, there are certain points which show the growing demand of agile certification. These points are:
- The members of PMI, agile certification holders, and the individuals who encompass the practices and principles of agile are seeking to the PMI for the agile certification, recognition as well as learning the opportunities.
- Numerous project professionals who are experienced in the traditional techniques and schemes are looking for the demand for practices and principles of agile in numerous organizations and industries. These practitioners or professionals are eager for adding the agile practices and principles to their toolbox of project management.
- · Organizations which are using the agile project management for serving both external as well as internal clients are seeking for the value in practices and principles of agile certification for delivering the projects more rapidly, with less wastage and cost because of poorly defined or misunderstood requirements.
Examination pattern for agile certification:
The examination of agile certification has one hundred twenty questions in all. Out of these one hundred and twenty questions, twenty questions are considered as the pre – test questions. Well talking about pre – test questions, pre – test questions are the questions which do not influence the actual score. These questions are basically used in the examination of agile certification as an efficacious as well as legitimate way of testing the cogency of future questions of the examination.
All one hundred twenty questions are placed randomly throughout the agile examination. So, the candidate giving the examination for agile certification will never come to know which questions is trial and which is not. Hence, he has to attempt all the questions very seriously. Also, the duration of the examination is three hours.
The mode of examination of agile certification is online and the examination takes place at some particular centres only. There are certain pre – defined computer based centres where this examination is held.
Who should apply for Agile Certification?
In case a person is working in an organisation which is using agile, then the Project Management Institute can bestow the opportunities for demonstrating the knowledge of practices for agile certification. The PMI is not restricted to the project manager as the individual with the experience of working on project teams of agile certification can experience and apply the requirements for obtaining the agile certification do not meditate the requirement for managing the projects.
If talking in a general sense, the practitioners those who are looking for the following should definitely apply for agile certification:
- Demonstrating to the employers their standard of professionalism in the tools, techniques and practices of agile certification
- Increasing their versatility in terms of professionalism.